Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

As is the case with most typos, it was the same in the ADV and Lite.

All is better now.

Thanks for the heads up. :grin:

4 Likes

I found another problem. TM20_03’s BackgroundImage is set to PVM_background_02.jpg

3 Likes

Another great catch my friend. :grin:

Fixed and updated.

3 Likes

Here is tonight’s WIP.

I have the vents to do and some text. Then a quick OCD pass and I can build a preset.

7 Likes

Here is look at the final Mega Duck.

I really like it. :grin: I went through and did a bunch of work on the little divot/grooves along the outside. (I wasn’t very happy with them before… I am happier now.)

I will post a live screenshot or two once I build the presets.

8 Likes

I found an old wood grain tv that looks good. It is one of the first tvs I actually found that had the buttons on the right, like it does. Most tvs around the time period, I know, had knobs.

4 Likes

I like it! It has a lot in common with my TV5 RCA. I have saved the image and may do it later when I return to doing vintage TVs.

5 Likes

I would say it’s like if TV5 and TV7 were merged together.

2 Likes

It looks like there might have been one OEM producing and supplying that style of digital control panel to the industry at that time!

1 Like

Here are some live shots of the Mega Duck.

I still have to verify the Mega Duck aspect so this might not be correct. :wink:

Day…

Night…

Scaled…

Portrait.

@HyperspaceMadness How tough would it be to add a rotate parameter to the night layer? Combined with the mirror parameter it would be good for the portrait setup.

8 Likes

Hmm, this might not be too bad, I’ll have to look into it to see if there are any gotchas, as it was some tricky code to get all the split & scaling stuff working properly

3 Likes

Oops! I meant the night layer. I don’t think we need it on the background layer. My bad. :innocent:

3 Likes

Ah yeah, should be easy with the night layer because I think it always gets stretched all the way across the screen.

3 Likes

That was my thought as well.

Then if I mirror it horizontally it should look like it was made for this kind of setup.

Alternatively I could just rotate and flip it in Photoshop I guess. (I think I have the old night version like this in my Graphics/Night folder.)

2 Likes

Here is with a rotated and flipped night layer.

Much better!

And just for the fun of it… NDS in portrait.

Scaled to show the d-pad and buttons…

And at max non-integer scale.

7 Likes

I did another OCD pass on the Mega Duck.

I tweaked the size of the bezel text and LED to squeeze in just bit more space for the screen, and changed the color of the triggers so they wouldn’t be lost. The darker version of the device had turquoise buttons so it makes some sense.

It might not be as true to life, but I am in the habit of taking some liberties. :innocent:

5 Likes

I am extremely happy with the Mega Duck! :grin:

I will be adding it to the repo ASAP.

BTW. The banding you see in the image is because of JPG conversion.

11 Likes

Here is a WIP of the Macintosh Plus.

For testing I am using the DOSBox 5150 background. (I plan on creating a new one for the Macintosh series.)

The black screen edge thickness, diffuse image, and independent curvature are great for these displays! :grin:

5 Likes

Yeah it’s interesting in this scenario the diffuse image really should be shown in the black edge area, maybe we need a control for that :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah I was looking for a way to do that. Maybe something like the Gel over the Black edge thing.

2 Likes