Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

I added vector dust and scratches on my PVMs as IRL these were constantly moved because of their professional employ. Lots of photos imply this, and I think it really adds to realism instead of a toy-like, just out of factory look. It would be really cool to use a separate layer to control the weary effect, maybe we can use the CABINET for this

4 Likes

Here is this morning’s WIP on the Macintosh Plus.

I decide to skip the brightness control knob… depending on the perspective it couldn’t be seen.

@HyperspaceMadness the full screen diffuse looks magical. (Alpha shader.) You can actually see the bezel shadow on the tube now! :grin:

BTW. The RJ11 plug was as fun as I’d hoped. I think it turned out pretty good. :wink:

5 Likes

hey all, just a quick question to see if the mega duck graphics (which look awesome btw) has been added to the repo yet ?

thanks again for the great work :+1:

1 Like

Off Topic: I was wondering whether or not you actually created that 700MB HDD image for Mac or is it something that already specified within Software List and can be easily booteble that way? :thinking:

1 Like

The Mega Duck is not in the rep yet. It’s ready, I have just been busy.

It is part of the software list CHD’s but you need to run it using the command line, not the traditional SL method.

Not difficult once you have it configured, but I think not the “easily” you had in mind.

2 Likes

Ah nevermind just found it it is a chd file that you can load it :grin:

3 Likes

@TVsIan from the Batocera team has been working on installing games that aren’t bootable and creating a new CHD by merging the diff.

I have been installing various software to mount some disks and then installing the game. I will eventually create new CHDs also.

I am also investigating a way to get more of the disk images circulating on the Interwebs, into a format that RA can read. (There are very few.)

Hopefully together we can increase the library that can be run in RA.

2 Likes

That is great to hear! Hope everything work out accordingly. It’s late for me here now but will try to install some softwares to the newly installed disc image later on. I’ve noticed some Adobe tools such as Illustrator and Photoshop :grin:

Edit: Btw, you don’t need to use command line to boot up th CHD’s. You can just use MAME ui interface and load it up under slot menu as a hdd and hit the reset. It will load the disc image once OS booted. Just like in the screenshots I shared previously.

You can… but using the command line allows it to be launched via a front end. :grin:

BTW. The Macintosh 128k is almost identical to the Plus, so with some minor additions/adjustments.

We have the 128k!

5 Likes

Looking ahead… the Macintosh LC III and monitor should be really quick work. I am going to do that before I tackle a background.

2 Likes

Hi @Duimon Any chance you can built an 4:3 overlay for Wii?

Thank you

1 Like

Yep. I’ll get that done ASAP.

1 Like

Here is my idea for a Wii 4x3.

I couldn’t just change the aspect to 4x3 and move the buttons and LED towards the center, but I wanted to keep the spirit of the 16x9 version.

So I created actual sides of the device and part of the base, then added a background.

This will do the automatic wide screen mode.

6 Likes

Excellent! Cant wait to try it out

1 Like

I’ll work on getting this and the Mega Duck in the repo today.

5 Likes

So…

It will be a bit before I get the Wii 4x3 in the repo.

I was working on it and I realized that I wanted to give it a little love. :grin:

It has been a long time since I did the graphic and I have learned a lot, so I went back in and redid a few elements using techniques I have learned since I did the original.

Here is a shot of the new 4x3.

Most of the work was just method so you shouldn’t really see any big changes in appearance. I did decide to use the blue plaster background I developed for the PSOne. (You may also notice the lighter bevel on the left side more accurately represents my lighting style.)

Most of the additional work was separating some elements and turning off the LEDs. (I will be using the LED layer in both day and night mode.

The separation allowed me to create an alternate version of the preset using brightness and gamma controls on the Device layer.

We have the Wii Black Edition! :grin:

I have applied the same method to the 16x9 preset. This will of course create a lot more preset work to get it into the ADV, STD, Lite, and Potato presets, but I really like the result.

And if anyone’s lovely wife has ever dreamed of a Lime Green Wii. :innocent:

There are a couple of wrinkles I still have to iron out of the presets but I will get them done ASAP.

4 Likes

Good Job on the Wiis. I have some ideas myself.

2 Likes

Yeah the Lime green won’t be in the repo, it was just to show the possibilities. In reality there were only two colors. :wink:

2 Likes

I was enjoying with Macintosh stuff for a while and while waiting for its graphics release I’ve decided to make one myself on Illustrator 1.1 :grin:

and the Princess is also excited and waiting for your Mac graphics :star_struck:

4 Likes

Illustrator 1.1. :grin: Now that is cool!

4 Likes