Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

OK all the wrinkles are smoothed out on the 4x3 Wii.

Now it’s on to the 16x9 wrinkles. :grin:

I am going to try and get the WII pair, the Mega Duck, and the Apple Mac pair in the repo by the end of the day tomorrow.

3 Likes

Wii 16x9 is smooth!

It feels nice to give the Wii some love. It has been ignored for far too long.

Thanks @Wally for the request and inspiration!

BTW. The 16x9 will also do the automatic wide screen thing. :grin:

3 Likes

I was thinking about modeling after the wii remotes styled around the Mario characters.

2 Likes

That’s a really cool idea!

The Cabinet Glass layer has the button text and the Wii Base/stand. You should be able to color that as well. (You may have to use additive blending if you want a lighter color.) Same goes for the Decal Layer that has the Nintendo/Wii text.

From the shot above I think the colors of the character names are great candidates.

2 Likes

I was thinking that myself, since the remotes do have so many colors. The character names’ colors would be the cleanest and make the most sense.

2 Likes

I think I may have committed too much by promising the Apple pair. I totally forgot the I have to create a background. That may be a week long project with all the elements involved.

I will get the others done for sure… and who knows?

2 Likes

Well… what do you guys think of this?

I’m thinking about adding another shelf on the right side with some misc stuff on it.

4 Likes

I may get this done after all. :innocent:

5 Likes

Don’t forget Apple Macintosh was also marketed towards audio production professionals. So you can probably include some audio workstation/production material/equipment/literature.

Looking good, I think Shadowgate & Dark Castle are probably the games I remember most from around then :wink:

Look at that sweet high res screen!

5 Likes

True, but I think they were doing more marketing than using… back then the Amiga was really the first choice when it came to audio/video production.

Apple was smart though, I don’t remember any Amiga adds but I remember plenty from Apple. Amiga won every race but Apple took home the gold.

3 Likes

I decided to add something a little more universal.

I may add one or two more objects, unless it starts to get too busy.

3 Likes

It’s stuff like these bezel graphics that gets me interested in checking out old systems and see what I missed during my childhood. This actually makes me want to check out some MacIntosh software if it can look like this on my screen.

1 Like

Honestly, when it comes to preservation, I like to think these vintage graphics that we do help as much as the emulation.

Eventually, hardware will disappear, but the graphics and presets that @TheNamec and I have done will last forever.

4 Likes

I agree. Is Watara in your to-do-list?

Thanx

Looks great! :star_struck: Do you also plan to add Illustrator version and icon at the bottom like Ps?

Yep. Here is my list again.

RA Cores

• 64DD
  • Amiga 1000
  • Amiga 2000
  • Amiga 4000T
  • fds
  • MegaDuck
  • Nintendo Playstation Prototype (For MSU-1 games.)
  • Satallaview
  • tic80
  • uzebox
  • WASM-4
  • Watara Supervision
  • zx81

MAME Software Lists

• Acorn Archimedes
  • Acorn Atom
  • Acorn Electron
  • Apple 2 GS
  • Apple 2e
  • Bally Astrocade
  • BBC Master
  • BBC Micro Model B
  • Camputers Lynx
  • Casio PV-1000
  • Coleco Adam
  • Emerson Arcadia 2001
  • Entex Adventure Vision
  • Epoch Super Cassette vision
  • Fujitsu FM-7
  • Funtech Super A’Can
  • Gamepark GP32
  • Hartung Gamemaster
  • KenSingTon Vii
  • Macintosh 128k
  • Macintosh IIx
  • Macintosh LC III
  • Macintosh Plus
  • Pocket Dream Console
  • Tandy CoCo 3
  • Tiger Game. com
  • Tomy Tutor
  • Vtech CreatiVision
  • Vtech Socrates

I think I may add it to the opening post. :grin:

Some of these will be crossed off today.

Lol! :rofl: You caught me just as I was about to post a final WIP of the background. (Thanks!!) Here is the final after almost missing that.

Looking at this, I may increase the shadow over the pencil cup, but it just about satisfies my OCD. :innocent:

5 Likes

Looks so nice I’ll use it for my work laptop’s wallpaper for a bit! :grin:

2 Likes

I think I am happy. :grin:

Now I can get to work building some presets.

5 Likes

Looks fantastic, great work as always! :star_struck: I’m very excited for this beauty :heart_eyes:

As for the list, are you still considering to do the Pocket Dream Console? If so it’s missing from the list :grimacing:

1 Like