Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

One thing I finf interesting about 9ne of the monitors on this site is it seems like the screen glows green when it’s on

3 Likes

Yeah, it seems I just need to delete the DC jack.

If I added a cable it would look strange if users scaled it. The other Amstrad monitors have been this way for two years.

It looks like it may have a very light green phosphor. Maybe that’s why the Schneider say “Green Monitor”.

4 Likes

Sorry Duimon, GT65 had a DC jack but it was possibly for some kind of plug-in, it works without plugging it in as you can see in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9IR2QZP1sI

If you plan to improve the Amstrad monitor screen, more rounded screen corners would be great :wink:

Thank you very much for your art and for making happy to some nostalgics :blush:

1 Like

Congratulations on the libretro.com blog! So cool to see your graphics and this project featured there! Well deserved!

3 Likes

No worries, good to know my graphic makes sense, even if by accident. :grin:

Yeah, I think I was in too much of a hurry to release it. :wink: That’s a detail I normally don’t miss.

I’ll make the changes and update the repo sometime this weekend.

Thank you for the request and the input, this project wouldn’t be the same without it.

2 Likes

Here’s a shot of the RCA E13165FW “Vintage” TV.

And here’s a shot using the tweaked Night method I have been working on.

The idea is to use this for computer systems that mainly used a TV for display. The TV is from 1988.

8 Likes

KenSingTon Vii is in the repo.

The CPC monochrome are also updated.

9 Likes

Thank you very much for your work, the work with Amstrad is excellent like the rest of systems, you have a lot of talent and are a great artist, congrats :blush:

5 Likes

Here’s a new WIP.

The Tandy Color Computer 3! :grin:

Night.

Scaled to show some detail.

I have really been looking forward to doing this one. To celebrate I decided to change things up a bit.

Much like the Amstrad duo, I left some space at the top and bottom, for two reasons.

1. It let me put the sides off screen and show a good amount of keyboard.

2. I wanted to plug some cables in.

I really like this one, I feel like it ranks up there with my best. :innocent:

It will really look slick with a Tandy monitor. (Probably the CM-8.)

11 Likes

On the topic of green CRTs…

1 Like

Dear Duimon,

since RetroArch released the new Enterprise core, I am pretty sure you can guess the new request :slight_smile:

I hope you can offer us an overlay (although I know it must be maybe the most difficult micro to re-create graphically)

Thanx

1 Like

No reason to phrase this as a request, just a heads-up about the core being added, and maybe some info. Like the actual core name (ep128emu). :grin:

Also, it seems there were a lot more individual games released for the TVC than the EP128K.

For that reason I would lean in that direction, although I need to do some tests first anyway.

Have you seen my MSX?

7 Likes

Here is the Tandy with the CM-8 Monitor.

I really pulled out all the stops on the CM-8. I think it turned out great! :innocent:

11 Likes

I think that, eventually, I will do “Room” presets/versions of all my monitors. Much like my standalone PVMs, or Macintosh presets.

I will probably create some new backgrounds at the same time.

I will most likely wait until I finish my list. (I will need something to do with my time. :grin:)

6 Likes

The CoCo3 is in the repo! :partying_face:

6 Likes

Very nice collection, good work. Top quality bezels for our launchbox retro gaming.Thank you for all. :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you! It is my sincere pleasure.

Here is a new WIP folks.

The VTech Laser 310!

I wanted to do the Dick Smith VZ300 version, because of it’s cool logo.

Turned out I had to mess with the logo plate aspect and logo size and it didn’t look good. :frowning_face:

The keys have a lot of cool symbols on them though, so I’m happy. :wink:

The monitor is an unbranded Magnavox RGB Pro 80. It is the monitor that is branded for the Commodore 1084s and Acorn RGB Monitor. They use the Philips CM 8833 v1. (Philips is The Dutch parent company of Magnavox.)

That makes three I’m using this design for. :grin:

I have one of these Magnavox in my collection.

8 Likes

The Laser 310 is in the repo. Here are a couple of shots showing the new Ambient Lighting feature of the recent shader release.

Default Night.

Tweaked with the new features.

@HyperspaceMadness The contrast works really well!

12 Likes

Duimon Good night!! I can’t get Vtech Creativision, is it in the repo?

2 Likes

I have not done the VTech Creativision yet. :grin:

I keep the lists in the second post updated, so you can look there to see what is done, and what is left on my todo list.

3 Likes