Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

No plans for Spectrum +3? It would be great to play those 128K games in DSK format (Launchbox also recognizes +3 as a separate system)

2 Likes

I am only now aware of the system. I’ll do some research later. I am AFK right now.

That also raises the question of the +2a for 128k tapes.

My immediate question is… are they supported by RetroArch or MAME?

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer, Duimon.

Retroach core for Spectrum computers (Fuse) fully supports both Amstrad-spectrum models, and can load 128K games in TAP and DSK format.

With respect to +2A model, I don’t think it’s necessary to create both bezels: The +2A could only load games from tape (without additional peripherals), while the +3 could load games from tape and disk.

2 Likes

Yeah, but the +2a has a cool looking data recorder. :grin:

I will add them both to the list.

They have a lot in common with the CPC so I should be able to make use of existing assets.

5 Likes

Duimon-Mega-Bezel/Presets/Potato/Watara_Supervision/ ,The preset file in this directory will have an error when opening, can you help me, thank you

2 Likes

They load fine on my end.

If you post a log we can probably sort it out.

Edit: I had missed committing the Watara Potato graphics. :innocent:

All is better now.

2 Likes

@Duimon, your Super Gameboy Gels aren’t working properly anymore, for some reason.

2 Likes

It’s possible this is related to the new adjustments I did with the empty tube thickness.

I think this preset uses a very big black edge thickness, and instead should use a large empty tube thickness instead.

@hgoda90 you could test this by taking the amount of setting the tube empty thickness to what the current value of the black edge thickness, then reset the black edge thickness to default.

2 Likes

It still does the same thing. The Image is being placed behind the thickness.

3 Likes

I’ll take a look when I get home.

1 Like

Hi Duimon, any plans to update the dosbox bezel with a keyboard background like the rest of bezels?. IBM Model M for example :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Usually users prefer the non-keyboard graphics. :grin:

No plans, but I’m open to the idea. The Model M “Clicky” is legendary. We really owe the modern mechanical keyboard to the Model M legacy.

I will add it to my list of future endeavors.

3 Likes

The feature change broke it. Empty tube space works up to about 800. After that it looks like the black edge (Whether it is visible or not.) starts to cover it.

I am using the Gel Layer to work the magic but it looks like the magic is broken. Probably HSM didn’t intend to have the empty tube space at 4000. :grin: (Or we need a “Gel over empty tube space” parameter.)

3 Likes

Which preset is this? I’ll check it out and see how we should achieve it

1 Like

Ok I took a look at this, and the empty tube thickness is broken:

This has a bunch of empty tube thickness, the with the diffuse texture on. It is showing black, where it should be showing a diffuse texture, and the gel is supposed to appear in this area as well

I think I know what is going on, so I’ll fix this in the next update.

6 Likes

Cool, thanks for looking at it.

Another issue we have using the empty tube space instead of the “Screen Black Edge” is corner radius. The black edge it had it’s own corner radius parameter so we could match the bezel radius.

The global radius is also tied to this I think. Now the parameter doesn’t seem to have an effect, so I couldn’t use the black edge if I chose to. :frowning_face:

V1 release.

Newest release.

BTW Everyone. This is a WIP on the BBC Master.

This was incredibly difficult, I worked on it for most of four days.

One of the reasons it was so hard was I insisted on using my BBC Micro source, since the keyboard layout was virtually identical. (Except for the num-pad.)

It is one of the most detail graphics yet. Here is a full view.

I like it. :grin:

It may not survive a serious OCD pass, some pieces are a little hacky and I may not be able to live with them the way they are. :innocent:

9 Likes

An alternate bezel with some type of IBM keyboard would be great.

Thank you for considering it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Here is the latest BBC Master WIP.

I made some changes to the top vents and the structure of the cartridge slot doors. I generally just did my best to add enough nit-picky details to make them measure up to the rest of the graphic.

I think I am ready to start creating presets. :grin:

8 Likes

Turns out there is a very good reason for this. Amstrad bought the rights to Sinclair in 1986 and manufactured/distributed these versions.

3 Likes

You’re right. That’s the reason why i called these systems Amstrad-spectrum. :grin:

2 Likes