Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

Making some progress on the Diffuse thickness and gel issue:

7 Likes

The BBC Master is in the repo. I would have had it up sooner but I was busy. :wink:

The Spectrum +3 and…

…+2a. :grin:

I took some pretty big liberties to make this work. The logos are smaller and I moved the power LED so it was visible. (It would have been hidden behind the bezel.)

The preset I am using here makes use of (Along with a dark version of my new RCA TV.) a Decal layer that has the logos and LED.

for the +3 and…

for the +2a.

This allows it to be centered in the space to balance things.

There is an Alt version that has it baked in when I don’t have enough layers to work with.

I should have these in the repo by tomorrow night.

9 Likes

I think the up and down keys are swapped on the BBC Master’s keyboard.

3 Likes

Doh! You’re correct. :astonished:

I’ll fix that ASAP. Thanks!

2 Likes

Went ahead and scanned the whole keyboard. There are 5 other messed up keys. There are 7 8 9 instead of 1 2 3 and # instead of , all on the right keypad. Forgot the Return text.

2 Likes

Key text and symbols are very tedious work. It’s easy to miss things when you have been in deep for hours and just want to get a breath of fresh air. :innocent:

Thanks again. :grin:

BBC Master has been updated in the repo.

4 Likes

I get that. There are some of the shaders I did where there would be a lot changes and it would get tedious. :sweat:

2 Likes

Very nice work with Spectrum +2a and +3 bezels (as usual with the others). Really good :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

@hgoda90 was kind enough to further point out that I had replaced the wrong 7,8 and 9 on my BBC Master keys. :rofl:

I finally realized I had not done a thorough enough OCD pass on the keyboard text and symbols. :upside_down_face:

I fixed the error and also replaced the “@” symbol with a more accurate one, hand drew my own “pound” sign to reflect the fancy one on the master keys, and tweaked a few more misc things.

My apologies to the BBC gods for my previous negligence. :grin:

I have carried the changes over to the BBC Micro and updated the repo.

5 Likes

Looking really good now. :partying_face:

1 Like

Thanks! I was just admiring how real the glass over the function key strip/guide looks and found a slight imperfection that is now fixed.

Repo is updated… again. :innocent:

3 Likes

The first thing I noticed was the vents on the Master. It looks like there could be a fan in there.

1 Like

I’m fairly certain it is a speaker, which is what I put there.

Good source images for these vintage systems are really hard to find, at least where it counts.

Yep, it’s a speaker.

Now that I know exactly what the speaker looks like I may tweak it a bit.

2 Likes

OK I did some work on the speaker. (Not that anyone will ever look that close. :grin:)

The work made me wonder about the Micro and it turns out that the holes in the function guide cover were dual purpose speaker holes/PSU vents. And I had them designed all sorts of wrong. :wink:

I did some work on it.

It is much improved.

I haven’t yet updated the Potato graphics. I will get to it when I have a bit more time.

These BBC changes have been a good days work. They are worth it. :grin:

5 Likes

Guess I’m gonna have to dive into more of the non-arcade side of MAME so I can see some of these better. Software list stuff always gave me headaches before.

1 Like

Same here but I have picked up a few tricks over the months, and I have the knowledgeable Batocera devs to talk things over with if I get stuck. Together we can usually figure out how to get stuff to work inside plain old RA.

The BBC Master floppies are pretty straight forward standard Software list method, with no need for any autoboot commands or special *.opt settings.

The Micro is far more tedious to set up.

2 Likes

Hi Duimon, checking out your amazing repository, when you have a lot of free time and want, the ZX Spectrum+ keyboard would be great on your to do list:

4 Likes

It is a cool and fun looking keyboard, does the system actually add anything to the experience, other than that?

The +2 and +3 add 128k disk and tape support. What does the Spectrum+ add?

To be clear, I am not against the idea, I am just wondering. It would be a lot of work. (The keys, not the chassis, since I could reuse a lot of my +2 source.)

1 Like

Looking at the World of Spectrum site, there are some tapes that run on the ZX Spectrum 16k, some that run on the 48k, and some that run on the 48k/128k.

So it appears the graphic is needed. :grin:

I will add it to the list. Thanks for the request!

2 Likes

I remember this model.(YES, I’m old enough for that :grin:) The spectrum+ was a variant of the 48K with a more professional keyboard, reset button and a little more ventilation.

In fact, it was sold in stores as an upgrade. You gave your Spectrum “rubber keys” and an additional amount of money and you received this spectrum+.

For reasons of nostalgia and feelings, I think the spectrum rubber keys existing are better bezel for 48K tape games.