Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

@Wally have you had any luck getting content to run on the Enterprise core?

1 Like

Hi, yeap…just fine. (Un)fortunately I am on vacations now and I have no access to my emu PC. Once I am back I will re-test using fresh versions of the core in case there were issues that came up in the meantime.

I am anxious getting your overlay on that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Turns out running Enterprise content is easy, and the BIOS is easily attainable. The TVC is another matter but I managed to get it to work.

For the Enterprise core and TVC content…the instructions on the libretro GitHub for creating the tvc22_sys.rom did not result in a 16kb file.

copy TVC22_D6.64K+TVC22_D4.64K TVC22_D6_D4.64K

The instructions are missing the /b switch. It should be

copy /b TVC22_D6.64K+TVC22_D4.64K TVC22_D6_D4.64K

Now that I have content running I can start the graphics. :grin:

2 Likes

The TIC-80 and WASM-4 are in the repo. :smile:

6 Likes

For some reason, the Bit Core Gamate…

…is not on my list as intended. It has been added back in.

7 Likes

Here is a new WIP.

The Videoton TVC!

Here is a raw shot.

I moved things around a bit so that something would show outside the bezel, and used two lines of text for the logo. I also extended the venting on top and added some detail on the right few vents to add some interest.

There were some strange German symbols on the keyboard I had to create by hand.

I think it turned out well.

11 Likes

The TVC is in the repo!

6 Likes

Where can I find the Akuma22 manufacturer specific bezels? They’re on page 1469 for instance.

Thanks!

1 Like

You’ll have to contact @akuma22 about that

1 Like

Here is a new WIP.

The Bit Corp Gamate!

The layers are separate so the alternate version can be achieved via HSV parameters.

I will probably do presets of both versions.

I decided to do this one before the Enterprise 128, because I assumed it would be easy. I was not entirely correct in my assumption. :grin:

I also wanted to get any single graphic done so my remaining essential list is down to an even 10 items. :partying_face:

7 Likes

The Gamate is in the repo. Time to start the countdown.

10 to go. :grin:

9 Likes

@Wally Here is a very beginning WIP on the Enterprise 128.

You may be correct, this is going to be very fun! :innocent:

5 Likes

@Duimon and @HyperspaceMadness, I wanted to shoutout to ya both, because I did a thing tonight. I created a video and put on Youtube that is for a Genesis Mini playlist I use in Launchbox’s BigBox mode. It shows the commercial Sega made for it, running through RA with the Mega Bezel and one of Duimon’s TV graphics! Came out really nice I think!

5 Likes

Here is a quick update on the Enterprise WIP.

I will be spending the next couple of days doing some preset maintenance, the new ambient lighting features will need some tweaking here and there.

The ambient lighting is one of the most popular Mega Bezel features. As cool as it has always been, I think this new evolution is a game changer. I plan to make sure everything is as perfect as it can be.

5 Likes

This may be fairly quick work. The care that HSM, “The Mighty Shader Wizard” gave to the new lighting features is mind blowing.

Here is a shot of the Apple II with no changes made to the existing preset.

Just beautiful!!

8 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t change the lighting to mine. The ambient lighting looks better some how.

4 Likes

My GB2Player and GBC2Player presets are seriously broken. :frowning_face:

I was using some unnecessarily complicated Mega Bezel magic to make them work and I am totally over it. I am going back into the source to simplify things.

3 Likes

OK, the surgery on the pair went well. Hopefully I can catch a few more bugs during this deep dive.

2 Likes

One of my inspirations for the new Night Image strategy (@HyperspaceMadness’s implementation went far above and beyond my simple idea.) was @soqueroeu’s collection.

A ways back I came up with a crude new night image that would highlight more of the TV in the center of the graphic. (I put a bit more care into the creation of the new image.)

While his current performance based presets won’t benefit from the new lighting, maybe we can convince him to change things up in version 3.0. :grin:

Here is a shot of my standalone TM20 with the new lighting.

5 Likes

Yeah, @soqueroeu’s presets are using the STD base preset, so they have access to the new lighting feature, but you wouldn’t really be able to see it because the TV in the picture is integrated with the background. He would need to separate the TV image from the background to be able to see different lighting on it. Version 3.0? :innocent:

5 Likes