Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

While my invitation was directed at you, it is an open invitation to any artist willing to do the work.

The main reason I won’t do it myself is that I want other artists to work within the Mega Bezel, and my doing the work would be counter to that goal.

Increasing the number of artist active in the community will benefit everyone.

3 Likes

At the time I had a Mega Drive, but before that I frequented many arcades, many Arcade games were not the same on the Mega Drive. And here in Brazil there weren’t that many arcades, so I kept imagining that these games could be released on the Mega Drive, but when they were released they didn’t have the same quality. So with emulators and with RetroArch I can remember those games and those Manufacturers. And with these Overlays, it’s much better to appreciate these classics. But the biggest problem is the lack of time. Since I don’t understand anything about editing, when I start editing a simple thing it’s been over 4 hours there :rofl:

1 Like

I edited this one from Cave in Horizontal mode.

2 Likes

So my planning paid off. :partying_face: Converting my Advanced presets to Standard and Lite was easy. :grin:

It helped that I am not doing Lite DREZ presets. FYI there are GDV-MINI DREZ base presets and where available the user will be able to globally change the base preset, essentially creating a Lite DREZ set.

Global changes are one of the advantages of my new boilerplate presets. (A special thanks to @TheNamec for developing the method and a template to get me started.)

These qualities of the boilerplate will actually make creating my Potato presets a bit time consuming.

As I converted my presets I found (And Fixed.) a lot of bugs… these fixes were migrated to my legacy presets and included in my recent update.

I also made a lot of QOL of life improvements, most were restricted to local changes in Monitor presets. For example my Archimedes Monitor preset.

Old.

New.

This, and every Monitor preset that had strayed from my original intent, have been tweaked. These QOL changes will not be migrated to my legacy presets.

One of the most significant changes was to my PVM20 presets.

Old.

New.

What I thought was going to take a lengthy trip into the graphics source was actually possible using only magical shader parameters. The global changes were only needed in two params files to change every individual preset. (There are some local HSV parameters for the logos.)

The issue is that to take advantage of the new scale and bezel inner corner etc. changes in my potato presets, I will have to render a few new Potato Graphics.

This will take some time. Hopefully it won’t be as hard as converting my legacy presets to boilerplate. TBH that was some of the most time consuming meticulous work I have done yet.

Wish me luck! :grin:

7 Likes

Don’t be disheartened. I have been doing digital art for years, and somewhere in those years I acquired a college degree.

Still, when I first started my project some graphics took several days and many many hours. As time went by I remembered more of what I had forgotten, and developed many new tricks to store up my sleeve.

The FM-Towns graphic, while being one of my favorite and most detailed graphics, only took about three hours.

This…

…needs to be qualified with a “yet”. Your work is top notch and valuable. :grinning:

If you need some more inspiration, here is a link to some wonderful logos you could use for the other manufacturers etc.

7 Likes

So I’m trying to rotate the Nintendo DS into “book mode” for games Hotel Dusk for example. Is there a way to do this? Thanks

1 Like

Hmmm. :thinking: We talked about this a while back but I can’t remember if HSM implemented it.

Let me check.

1 Like

Here are the needed changes to the default NDS Variation preset.

HSM_ROTATE_CORE_IMAGE = "1.000000"
HSM_ASPECT_RATIO_ORIENTATION = "1.000000"
HSM_NON_INTEGER_SCALE = "125.769348"
HSM_DUALSCREEN_MODE = "2.000000"
HSM_DUALSCREEN_CORE_IMAGE_SPLIT_MODE = "2.000000"
HSM_DUALSCREEN_POSITION_OFFSET_BETWEEN_SCREENS = "34.800060"

To rotate the other direction you need to add one more parameter.

HSM_FLIP_CORE_VERTICAL = "1.000000"

I just threw this together really quick. You can play with the screen size and distance between the screens etc.

3 Likes

I have been busy working on the new presets and I looked back at this post.

And realized that the shot is using the 1084S monitor. :hushed: Looks like I never created a DM602-00E preset. :innocent:

I will be adding one to the new presets.

6 Likes

Close, I can’t seem to scale the 1st box. The second one I’ve got how I want but the first one I can only find a setting to move it up and down. I’ve tried to add HSM_SCALE_OFFSET =

But I guess that’s wrong :smile:

1 Like

Modifying my existing preset might not be as straight forward, I was not aware that was what you had in mind.

If you can be patient, I will include book orientation versions of my vertical presets in my next release.

It will take some careful surgery on my graphics source, so will take some time.

In the mean time, try this.

#reference ":/shaders/shaders_slang/bezel/Mega_Bezel/Presets/Variations/Dual-Screen/Dual-Screen-DS__STD.slangp"
HSM_ROTATE_CORE_IMAGE = "1.000000"
HSM_ASPECT_RATIO_ORIENTATION = "1.000000"
HSM_NON_INTEGER_SCALE = "125.769348"
HSM_SCREEN_POSITION_Y = "44.000000"
HSM_DUALSCREEN_MODE = "2.000000"
HSM_DUALSCREEN_CORE_IMAGE_SPLIT_MODE = "2.000000"
HSM_DUALSCREEN_POSITION_OFFSET_BETWEEN_SCREENS = "-12.399992"
HSM_2ND_SCREEN_POS_Y = "-44.000000"
HSM_BZL_OPACITY = "55.000000"
HSM_BZL_WIDTH = "70.000000"
HSM_BZL_HEIGHT = "70.000000"
HSM_BZL_OUTER_CORNER_RADIUS_SCALE = "120.000000"
HSM_BZL_NOISE = "10.000000"
HSM_BZL_HIGHLIGHT = "0.000000"
HSM_FRM_OPACITY = "0.000000"
HSM_FRM_NOISE = "10.000000"
HSM_FRM_INNER_EDGE_THICKNESS = "0.000000"
HSM_BG_LAYER_ORDER = "1.000000"
HSM_LED_LAYER_ORDER = "9.000000"
HSM_DEVICE_LAYER_ORDER = "2.000000"
HSM_DECAL_LAYER_ORDER = "6.000000"
HSM_TOP_LAYER_ORDER = "10.000000"
HSM_BG_FILL_MODE = "1.000000"
HSM_BG_MIRROR_WRAP = "0.000000"
HSM_LED_OPACITY = "0.000000"
HSM_DEVICE_FOLLOW_LAYER = "0.000000"
HSM_DECAL_OPACITY = "0.000000"
shadowMask = "7.000000"
IntroImage = ":/shaders/Mega_Bezel_Community/Duimon-Mega-Bezel/Graphics/_Common/Duimon_OSD.png"
BackgroundImage = ":/shaders/Mega_Bezel_Community/Duimon-Mega-Bezel/Graphics/Nintendo_NDS/Canvas_Vignette.jpg"
CabinetGlassImage = ":/shaders/Mega_Bezel_Community/Duimon-Mega-Bezel/Graphics/Nintendo_NDS/NDS_Advanced_Glass.png"
DeviceImage = ":/shaders/Mega_Bezel_Community/Duimon-Mega-Bezel/Graphics/Nintendo_NDS/NDS_Advanced_Bezel.png"
DecalImage = ":/shaders/Mega_Bezel_Community/Duimon-Mega-Bezel/Graphics/Nintendo_NDS/NDS_Advanced_Decal.png"
LEDImage = ":/shaders/Mega_Bezel_Community/Duimon-Mega-Bezel/Graphics/Nintendo_NDS/NDS_Advanced_LED.png"
TopLayerImage = ":/shaders/Mega_Bezel_Community/Duimon-Mega-Bezel/Graphics/Nintendo_NDS/NDS_Advanced_Extra.png"

It’s not pretty, but it does the job. If you are not on Windows, strip the :/shaders/ text from the preset and run it from the root shaders folder.

The vertical preset conversion will have larger screens but show less of the device.

3 Likes

Here is a quick preview of what the new preset may look like.

Gotta love vector art, making the changes only took seconds! :grin:

5 Likes

If possible do you think you can include the off-screen parts, so we can zoom in/out with impunity? :innocent:

1 Like

Legendary, thank you. Take as long as you need, wont pester :grin:

1 Like

Will do sir, that was my intention in choosing the graphic that contained the NDS in it’s entirety.

3 Likes

I was just working on double screen stuff, and I found that you have to use the main non-int offset to scale the first screen. I was using the parameters and had to keep going back and forth between that setting and the dual screen settings for the second screen. Not sure if that is helpful, or what you are trying to do, exactly, but hopefully so.

Only if you have independent scale enabled, as in the 3DS presets. Position adjustment is always separate.

3 Likes

I am only a student. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This is exactly what I wanted. How did you accomplish this?!?!

1 Like

With the PSP preset, depending on your monitor res (1080 or 4k) integer scale isn’t really available at a decent size. The LCD-GRID really requires it at this display density, so I am using Guest as an alternative. There are some tricks with the EASYMODE base presets that can look pretty LCD-ish. I’ll post a sample when I am at my PC.

2 Likes