Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

Oh man, you have no idea how happy I am to read this. I really had a really bad conscience because of my stupid action. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this great gesture.

5 Likes

In case you don’t read every new message on the forum. (Like I do.)

Thanks to some research I did involving the new unofficial VirtualXT core, I learned that the 5153 display was a CGA, and the 5154 was an EGA…

…with some new text on the badge and different colored knobs.

The 5175 VGA was identical to the 5154 except even more new text on the badge.

I will be adding the 5154 and 5175 to my graphics and presets. When all is said and done we will have all the bases covered. :grin:

4 Likes

Duimon_MB_Logo

The Duimon-Mega-Bezel repo and release are updated to v1.1.0.8.

The Potato repo has also been updated. The version is now inline with the main release.

Changes:

• Renamed the DOSBox_5150 to IBM_5150 and added the 5154 and 5175 graphics and presets.

IBM 5154 Monitor

IBM 5175 Monitor

• The overlay repo is also updated.

The link to the current releases are in the first post. Installation/Update instructions are near the end of the second.

! ! BigPEmu Repo ! !

I have also created a “Duimon-BigPEmu” repo and release.

I have included all five of my default Atari Jaguar preset subclasses. In addition, I have included source presets, the converter, some batch files, and a short README to assist users in customizing the CRT parameters to their liking.

The new repo can be found here.

15 Likes

Hi Duimon! I get a failed to apply shader warning each time with the new IBM presets. I’ve got the latest HSM; the folder structure is the same as usual, and the others work fine.

1 Like

The DOSBox_5150 name is still used in the crt, bezel, hsv and scale folders under res.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll take care of it ASAP. (e.g. When I get home.)

1 Like

Duimon_MB_Logo

The Duimon-Mega-Bezel repo and release are updated to v1.1.0.9.

The Potato repo is also updated to v1.0.0.9.

Changes:

• Fixed res folder misnamed IBM_5150 folders.

• Updated “Duimon-Mega-Bezel\Params” folder with recent settings. (I have been neglecting it.)

Potato Changes:

• Updated Vectrex presets to use wildcards.

The link to the current releases are in the first post. Installation/Update instructions are near the end of the second.

9 Likes

The Duimon-BigPEmu repo and release are updated to v1.0.0.1.

Changes:

• Fixed missing PVM20 Logo.

• Added automatic screen cropping.

Make sure to reset the video settings to the defaults, then change screen scaling to “Stretch” and Screen Aspect Ratio to “1.777”.

5 Likes

The Duimon-BigPEmu repo and release are updated to v1.0.0.2.

Changes:

• Removed auto cropping in favor of per-game manual configs.

• Added the author’s readme.txt to comply with the license. (Since I am including the converter.)

The link to the current release is in the first post.

5 Likes

Hi @Duimon Firs of all I want to thank you for the awesome shared pack. I was playing around with it and stumbled upon one strange thing regarding the reflection on the vertical dual screen for NDS and 3DS shaders. Seems like the shader takes the image from both screens and then shrinks it to create a reflection on the single screen. As a result, we get the same/duplicate reflection on both screens instead of a separate ones, which seems to be incorrect. I checked what is the behavior on vanilla HMS Bezels, and they seem to have this sorted out as the reflections there are actually correct (separate for top and bottom screen).

Could you please share your thought on this?

Here are some details on my config. NDS - Duimon #reference “:/shaders/Mega_Bezel_Packs/Duimon-Mega-Bezel/Presets/Standard/Nintendo_NDS/NDS_Vertical-[STD]-[LCD-GRID]-[Integer].slangp” NDS - HMS Presets/Variations/Dual-Screen-DS__STD__LCD-GRID.slangp

3DS - Duimon #reference “:/shaders/Mega_Bezel_Packs/Duimon-Mega-Bezel/Presets/Standard/Nintendo_3DS/3DS_Vertical-[STD]-[LCD-GRID]-[Integer].slangp” 3DS - HMS Presets/Variations/Dual-Screen-3DS__STD__LCD-GRID.slangp

1 Like

There’s a fix coming for this in the next release of the Mega Bezel, it should be sometime this week

5 Likes

Hi all!

Really appreciate all the hard work on these shaders, they’re killer! I’ve been using them on the Steam Deck, and both docked and handheld, they seem to work very well.

Are we able to use these shaders with Citra standalone? EmuDeck uses the standalone version by default, I’m guessing because the RA core is outdated or doesn’t perform as well.

Much appreciated!

Nope. :frowning_face: And I don’t think the Windowcast core will work on the Steam Deck.

The best you can hope for is if developers start using the librashader in the standalone software.

On a related note… The upcoming Asus ROG Ally looks to outperform the Steam Deck and runs Windows 11.

Thanks, Duimon! I couldn’t find an actual answer anywhere, I appreciate it.

I saw that ROG, I thought it looked really cool! I hope their performance claims hold water. I would love a proper Windows handheld - I tried it on the Deck, but I had to do a lot of config changes and use a lot of third party apps that felt hacky, and after all that work, it was still a super fragile setup. I switched back to SteamOS. I’m keeping my eye out on that ROG Ally though, outperforming the Deck would be impressive, but what I would be even more impressed with is how their software makes Windows more usable in a handheld form factor.

1 Like

Ooh, that sounds exciting! I would love a Windows handheld :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your Mega Bezel graphics fit perfectly with koko-aio shader when used as bg_under = “” overrides:

1 Like

Hi @Duimon or any knowledeable user. I’m a noob, so forgive me if this is a dumb question…but is there any way to use your graphics on another emulator?

Because RetroArch Dolphin core is missing bug fixes for certain GameCube games, I have to use stand-alone Dolphin to run those.

But they look so…don’t know the right word…maybe “naked” without your graphics.

I mentioned this in the LaunchBox Noob forum and someone told me there’s this thing called ‘ReShade’ that lets you add such graphics. But when I searched online, it looked really confusing and I couldn’t find anything related to your bezels.

Anyways, just thought I’d ask in the off-chance there’s a solution.

1 Like

You can use the overlays from my overlay repo, (Not the Mega Bezel.) as Rocketlauncher Bezels.

It has been a while since I used Rocketlauncher but I would assume the Dolphin module has been kept up to date.

There is also a couple of Reshade plugins that let you use an overlay, but you need to use them in concert with some scaling plugins and it’s more work than it’s worth.

I believe the current build of Dolphin has some CRT shader built in but it won’t compare to anything Retroarch or Reshade has.

Rocketlauncher has a steep learning curve but I use it routinely on my HTPC for Bezels, fades, and pause screens.

1 Like

Hi, Palm adv / lite / standard, all fail at loading for me

Is there a typo in the tree ? My files are under E:\RetroArch-Win64\shaders\Mega_Bezel_Packs\Duimon-Mega-Bezel\Presets\Advanced\Palm

potato works btw. thx :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah the path should be relative, not absolute.

I work using the old paths, so I don’t have to create new search and replace scripts.

Thanks for catching that! :grinning:

You can edit the \Duimon-Mega-Bezel\res\layers\Palm\Palm.params file and replace the last section with this.

// IMAGE PATHS
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BackgroundImage = "../../../Graphics/Palm/wood.jpg"
LEDImage = "../../../Graphics/Palm/Palm_LED.png"
DeviceImage = "../../../Graphics/Palm/Palm.png"
DecalImage = "../../../Graphics/Palm/Palm_Decal.png"
TubeColoredGelImage = "../../../Graphics/Palm/Palm_Gel.png"

I will fix the repo in my next update.

1 Like