Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

That is good then. :grin: It is the default bezel generated by the HSM Shader

using simply a 70% brightness color value.

nah still no luck :frowning: even though the .dll is in the folder it says it cant find it. ps, if i press ok on the error it says it cant find another .dll, keeps doing it again after that countless times, so i guess there is more than the one .dll it needs

1 Like

Don’t give up just yet. I updated again. Make sure to download all the files because some scripts have changed. I also included an ImageMagick installer that should solve your issues.

Thanks for testing this, together I am sure we can work the bugs out. :grin:

2 Likes

no probs. hopefully im of some help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

success :slight_smile:

you guys are freaking awesome… im in love with this

2 Likes

Here’s a fun one!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Nintendo Wii…

Normally the goal is to maximize screen usage. As I have said before, I think that the beauty of this shader is worth the loss of some screen real estate!!

I wasn’t entirely committed during the mock-up stage, until I removed the frame. I just love this look!!

10 Likes

Looks really good without the frame, really feels like it’s cut into the front.

Great graphics as always, clean and simple with those little bevels that make it feel dimensional :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gamecube has been updated. I tweaked the bevel highlights a bit. (They were bugging me. :blush:)

2 Likes

This uses Vulkan? Are they presets? Just load and run?

@Orionsangel

Yes Vulkan. No not presets. But, they are set to use the default bezel size. Just need to save a preset then edit the slang and point to the image. (Make sure to use full screen BGIMAGE scaling.) If you want it to look the same, I did some tweaking to the screen edge sharpness and such but compensated for the change in screen size using Non-integer scale %. My Gamecube screenshot uses 70% brightness on the bezel color. Of course you can use any color you want. :grin:

Once the shader hits the repo I plan to release presets. :wink:

If there is enough interest I would be willing to release presets now and update them as the shader updates.

2 Likes

Thank you! These shaders look amazing! I’m putting it out there. If anyone wants to add these reflect shaders to my realistic arcade bezels you’re welcome to it. I give permission. I just ask for credit for me and the others involved if you’re gonna post it for download or make a video.

1 Like

You took what I did with my console bezels and took it to another level. I’m proud of you. Well done!

2 Likes

@Duimon

I have a sorta personal request, would it be possible to do a version of the bezels without a logo on them?

Like the GameCube for example, both sides of it have a Nintendo GameCube logo placed on them and I’d personally much prefer they weren’t there. (It just feels cluttered and out of place to me.) I have the same complaint with the Saturn and PlayStation bezel, again this is just me being nitpicky about things.

I sincerely hope you don’t take this personally, as I think everything looks amazing, this is entirely a preference thing on my part.

Also that Wii bezel is amazing, have zero complaints about it. Also no complaints about the Genesis really.

Really, this is some awesome work that you should be very proud of.

1 Like

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable request. :wink: Should have thought of it myself!

It is done!

Folder structure of both the HSM Graphics repo & the RA Overlay repo have changed.

Source files remain unchanged.

1 Like

Much appreciated!

Quick question what is the difference between the -tn versions and the non -tn versions?

Just a thumbnail so people can have a quick look at the graphics before downloading.

I think I’ll change the filename, -tn is an outdated web standard that maybe only I old people like me remember. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I’ve seen it before my brain just wasn’t connecting the dots, lol.

Alright final question, do these downscale to 1080p properly? And if they do how’d you recommend downscaling them?

If you are using the shader it shouldn’t be necessary, the difference in file size will be negligible. Variety of color is a far bigger contributor to file size than image resolution. Otherwise they should, it really depends on the resampling method you choose when you resize. These are already scaled down from 8000 x 4500.

1 Like

I was kinda wanting to just use them as overlays. (I’d have to do edits for this obviously.)

Any recommendations for resampling methods and programs? (Normally use gimp.)

There is a 1080 RA Overlay template in the Source folder of my RA Overlay repo, but I tested it and you can load the 4K version of the RA Overlay on a 1080 monitor you just have to use 1080 coordinates. Sample coordinates are in the repo readme to get you started. I really just included the 1080 template in case someone wanted to make versions for a severely under powered device, like a cell phone with a dinosaur version of Mali on it.

Edit: So the forum stops bugging me about sequential posts.

If you are happy with my 4K RA Overlays you can just resize them in GIMP. I would recommend the Cubic interpolation method.

2 Likes