Easymode Vs. Geom - Clash From The Past

Hello to all the community, I was asking for your help. My brother-in-law and I have got an old Laptop back on its feet with which we would like to play dear old retrogames together when I come to visit. It has a resolution of 1080p, and the crt-easymode-halation and crt-geom-deluxe shaders run very well. I would like your help to compare your custom parameters, and try to get the most out of these shaders in terms of beauty. I am aware they are a little out of date, but they hold up well on this near antique piece. We sincerely thank anyone who wants and can help us :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve kept some presets around for those, but if it can handle geomdeluxe, it should probably handle some variant of the guest shaders.

#reference "shaders_slang/crt/crt-easymode-halation.slangp"
GAMMA_OUTPUT = "1.960000"
SHARPNESS_H = "0.600000"
SHARPNESS_V = "0.750000"
MASK_TYPE = "1.000000"
MASK_STRENGTH_MIN = "0.420000"
MASK_STRENGTH_MAX = "0.500000"
SCANLINE_STRENGTH_MIN = "0.800000"
SCANLINE_STRENGTH_MAX = "1.000000"
INTERLACING_TOGGLE = 0.0
HALATION = "0.020000"
BRIGHTNESS = "0.60000"

#reference "shaders_slang/crt/crt-geom-deluxe.slangp"
mask_type = "2.000000"
aperture_strength = "0.800000"
aperture_brightboost = "0.000000"
phosphor_amplitude = "0.100000"
halation = "0.080000"
width = "1.000000"
curvature = "0.000000"
R = "0.500000"
scanline_weight = "0.260000"
interlace_detect = "0.000000"
2 Likes

Really beautiful !!! Thank you very much, I think they are excellent for Arcade and Playstation things (the laptop these shaders are intended for is not the best). I will try them as soon as possible and thanks again for your contribution :smiley:

Hi Jamirus, I just tried them on a machine they lent me, but it doesn’t have a 1080p screen, and your settings are really good. I saved them and made mine. I renew my thanks to you.

1 Like

If anyone has any other customizations, which I may have more variations on, I’d love for you to share them with me, like Jamirus did. Thank you all.

Sure, it’s best you try and change some parameters. You’ll probably get at least a vague idea of how they work and can tweak them to your liking. Displays can differ a lot, resolution is just one variable. Brightness, and size (viewing distance) , type of panel, can all have influence.

2 Likes

Another one you could try that looks pretty good and has low performance requirements is GDV-MINI it’s one pass and based on an older simplified version of guest’s shader, and works well at non-integer scale. You can find it in the crt folder.

2 Likes

This one’s pretty light weight as well.

I think in my profiling it was lighter than all of the above shaders but relies on a half decent screen (the overall idea is to shift some of the problem of simulating a CRT out of GPU shaders and solve them with the display instead). I did test it on my Dell laptop at full display brightness and it was fine in SDR mode. Your mileage may vary but even if its not the right fit Im always interested to hear how it performs on various displays. I use it on my mobile phone.

3 Likes

Thanks guys, I’ll do some tests as soon as possible and post the results.

2 Likes