Handheld Border Shaders

All GBA versions replaced with a single one with the VBA color profile for CG too.
Its darkness parameter works fine with the problematic games that are too dark, so I feel it’s a great solution for everything.

Made the downloads lighter by removing the LUT GBA pic and moving the old border pics into a separate download (“Extra” section on bottom of 1st post).

1 Like

Some little fixes for bugs with the incoming gl_core driver (a new gl driver with slang shaders support).

edit: The new gl driver is in the latest retroarch nightly (on windows x64 at least): “glcore” in drivers>video.

3 Likes

Do you know which driver (gl or glcore) is more resource-intensive? Or if they are the same, which one handles better the shaders (in terms of performance)? Asking because I do not have a very powerful HTPC, so if switching from gl to glcore improves the experience (specially with more demanding systems), I’ll go for it.

The few benchmarks I did without shader gave the same perfs.
I just compared VBAM with the gba shader from this pack and slang/glcore is around 20% faster than the cg/gl version.

Then it’s up to your hardware, some old GPU that don’t support gl3+ won’t be able to use glcore I think.
Same for bad phone video drivers.

Cheers Tatsuya for the info, I will try to give it a shot in the following days.

Hi, there’s an uneven line in the gb-pocket-alt-5x.glslp shader. I know it’s minor but I can’t unsee it. Could please someone correct it? I don’t know how.

Is there a decent overlay for the Atari Lynx yet, i have 2 super high photo of the both models

1 Like

Thank you for beautiful shaders and borders. I am having small problem with DS Shader 64x -x2 , I have already set the gap to 64 but the border on top and bottom is going out of the screen. I tried to set shader parameters, but it wont do anything but more worst. Neither scaling can fix. Monitor Screen size is 1366 x 768 16:9 which is already set. How can I solve this please. Thank you

HI Mate Did you solved this problem? Even though I set the gap to 64 still I am having this problem.

Yes, I managed to fix it by widening the gap until it fit; the only issue though is it didn’t seem to move where touch inputs registered, so I just gave up on using the DS border shader.

I did widen the gaps but the top and bottom is out of screen. There is no way to make the borders smaller? Hope the creator can assist.

I’m having the same issue and I seem to have the same resolution screen as you: 1360x768

The borders are too big for such low res I guess.
For sure it’s not high enough to display the subpixels in that lcd shader correctly anyway.

1 Like

Thanks! Probably time to get a more modern high resolution monitor anyway.

This link is broken. Could you please redo the link or is that thread you’re linking to gone forever?

Could have been on the old server.
But I found it again: DMG Shader

1 Like

Oh, it’s that one. I’ve been there before. Thank you anyway!

I updated the GB shaders in the SLANG pack with nfp0 fixes.

DMG, pocket and GB high contrast shaders should have square dots now, instead of slightly rounded before.

2 Likes

does it support on nintendo switch? i have downloaded all of your shaders and none of it show’s when i select shaders. weird. stock shaders glslp showed up. but not cgp or slangp. do i need to configure somewhere? please help.

I never used a Switch, but slang is supported with drivers>video = glcore / vulkan /d3d11…