Hari's 1080p Shader's Presets & Screenshots

my shaders are on the latest version

I’m not really sure… how did you solved it with sonkun’s presets?

maybe some kind of android pemission problems?

As I said I have a very (very) old android phone, I installed retroarch with the apk file ( -> not with google play) then copied my folder and set vulkan as video driver and the shaders are working.

Did this literally 20 minutes ago :sweat_smile:

this comes from my phone (I didn’t set integer scaling)

the shaders load properly (I think) but my phone cannot handle it and framerate goes to sigle digit, but they load fine -> no black screen :sweat_smile:

So I don’t know how to reproduce your problem to try to fix it.

it is a contrast problem but the latest guest shader should have fixed it FYI i have the latest guest shader

try to load

/1-Standard/01 - Aperture - A.slangp

then go to Shaders Parameters, under

// DIGITAL CONTROLS //

set contrast to 0

i have been using that trick that is why i knew it was that but your shader pack looks bad if i do that

yeah I read it on the other thread :nerd_face:.

Really don’t know how to solve your issue then. sorry! :disappointed:

Some Amiga love, using :

../1 - Standard/04 - M7 - Shadow Mask - A.slangp

5 Likes

That shadow mask looking sexy.

3 Likes

Without the rgb triads, it looks like an hybrid slotmask/shadowmask

3 Likes

Thanks!

That’s exactly how I view it!

Slots mask size @1080p is a little too large for me and often, with scanlines in the mix, generates visible patterns. That’s the reason why lately I’m mostly using aperture grill or shadowmasks (like this one in b&w) that have some kind of a slotmask “vibe”.

3 Likes

Have you tried to enable curvature with that mask at those resolutions? Just curious to see if it helps woth moire.

I personally gave up fighting moire since a while, but here some tests for you :nerd_face::

Mask 7, integer scaling, curvature: 0.04 - 0.06

Mask 7, integer scaling OFF, curvature: 0.04 - 0.06

Mask 7, integer scaling ON + Overscale, curvature: 0.04 - 0.06

this is another shadow mask that I use (this with rgb triads)

Mask 2, integer scaling, curvature: 0.04 - 0.06

Mask 2, integer scaling OFF, curvature: 0.04 - 0.06

Mask 2, integer scaling ON + Overscale, curvature: 0.04 - 0.06

integer scaling is the worst, probably not enough pixels.

With overscale seems kinda clean

with integer scaling off is not too bad.

I can push curvature more if you want…

2 Likes

Thanks, interesting, “curved” integer scaling, which theoretically has no sense, performs quite good!

1 Like

yes, the sky seems fine but I can see weird pattern in the road…

New update,

Added a new preset(s) in the folder:

/6 - Curved No IS No Scans/

1 - Curved - No IS - No Scans.slangp

This preset is meant to be used with Integer Scaling OFF, has a curvature and no scanlines.

2 alternatives are present. one with NTSC adaptive and the other one with XBR lvl 2, for a different look.

Even without scanlines there is some level of pixel blending and I’m happy with the result so far :nerd_face:

6 Likes

a question from the libretro discord they can’t make a account here what system is this shader pack based on? & what preset should be used for each systems?

1 Like

Hi,

my presets are not based on any particular system and they can be used with any* core/system according to personal preference.

*: few “restrictions” :

• Presets from the folder /5 - Upscaled Internal Resolution/ should be used with internal (in-core) upscaled resolution like swanstation, mupen64, flycast…
  • Presets from the folder /4 - Tate/ should be used with vertical games rotated by the core like FBneo.

most other presets can be freely used with “normal” SD content: nes, snes, arcades, mega drive etc etc…

Here a quote from the first post:

As for some suggestions that I’m personally using lately:

• /1 - Standard/01 - Aperture - A.slangp -> is this my default shader for SD content that I use for Arcades Nes, PC engine but also PlayStation at native resolution (Beetle PSX software core)
  • /2 - NTSC/02 - NTSC ADAPTIVE/01 - Composite - Aperture - B.slangp -> this one is what I use for Megadrive/Mega CD/32x/ and sometimes PC Engine.
  • /1 - Standard/05 - Aperture - A + mods.slangp is what I use with SNES and Sega Master System (SMSplusGX) but this last one with internal Blarg internal svideo filter ON
  • /1 - Standard/04 - M7 - Shadow Mask - A usually for Amiga.
  • /5 - Upscaled Internal Resolution/1 - UPSCALED INTERNAL - SOFT/SHARP is what I use with swanstation with internal resolution x5 (1080p), Flycast with internal res 640x480, Mupen64plusNext at 4x native res
  • 3 - Edge Smoothing/Aperture Grill/Aperture - A - XBR LVL 2 I like sometimes to use it with Arcades and SNES.

Those a just few general personal preference at the this time, but as I said it’s all about preference and “mood”.

Hope this was helpful, if anybody has any doubt feel free to ask!

ps.

Really? :thinking: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

yep been waiting since yesterday for a account activation mail

1 Like

Just finished Lords of Thunder for the Mega CD, this version is much easier then the PC Engine CD one, I could complete this one on normal difficulty on the very first try without using any continues.

Soundtrack is amazing and it is very nice experience that just takes about 30 minutes!

Shader preset used is

01 - Composite - Aperture - B.slangp

From /02 - NTSC/02 - NTSC ADAPTIVE/ directory.

Lords of Thunder (USA)-240825-165646

Lords of Thunder (USA)-240825-174159

Lords of Thunder (USA)-240825-174514

Lords of Thunder (USA)-240825-174718

Lords of Thunder (USA)-240825-175354

Lords of Thunder (USA)-240825-175459

Lords of Thunder (USA)-240825-175614

Spoilers!

Lords of Thunder (USA)-240825-164354 Lords of Thunder (USA)-240825-164416 Lords of Thunder (USA)-240825-165143 Lords of Thunder (USA)-240825-165317 Lords of Thunder (USA)-240825-165441 Lords of Thunder (USA)-240825-165457 Lords of Thunder (USA)-240825-165511 Lords of Thunder (USA)-240825-165533

5 Likes

37 posts were split to a new topic: Shmup party yall