Koko-aio shader discussions and updates

Cool to finally get it working with the wider aspect on the s22 screen. Looks great.

4 Likes

@kokoko3k when I was looking around I found a post on stackoverflow where somebody changed a black square to a hex color. It uses the CSS filter option and an algorithm to figure out the proper settings. I thought of koko-aio since it changes a gray bezel to color.

It seems a js approach is quite convenient over using just css filters here.

1 Like

I thought it was just an interesting topic because of the change from one color to another. A CSS filter would definitely not help in this instance.

1 Like

Not a direct Koko-Aio question here, but I was wondering if there exist any ambilight-likr presets that use the regular Mega Bezel reflection shaders. I see that the Duimon mega bezel graphics have different layers for the background and the LED and the decal logo, etc. It would be cool if there were ambilight-like versions that I could use on my regular desktop computer that have the cool ambilight effect for the background but that have the little led console lights as a separate layer that stays lit up regardless of the ambient light from the screen, to kind of mimic more of the real world look it would have. I realize this kind of layering isn’t really a feature in the koko-aio ambilight presets, but maybe those more more heavy duty mega bezel shaders can do stuff like that?

This is planned for Mega Bezel V2, I’m going to leverage Kokoaio’s great ambilight effect as well as adding my own opinion for room bounce lighting, you can see some proto examples here

If you want to chat more about it please head over to the Mega Bezel thread :smile:

2 Likes

Looks very cool, I’ll check out that thread!

1 Like

Is there a way to change what background image is used depending on either the core being used or which game is being used? Seems like the problem with the method I was able to figure out to get the background I wanted required me to change the actual background image file, which is fine except if I want to use a different console it’s still uses that same background image file regardless of the shader preset. That’s just a limitation of the background that I substituted which does not have an empty square space in the middle of it unlike the console backgrounds that are built in. I suppose if I could figure out how to create precisely sized empty squares in the middle then that would work but that’s a whole separate thing I guess. If there is a fairly straightforward way to change the background image file on a per game or per console basis then that would probably be easiest for me.

1 Like

Just use wildcards in your presets.

Or create multiple presets and save a core preset.

1 Like

In the first post there are links to external repos hosting presets made just for the purpose you’re after; I suggest you to take a look.

The keyword you need to change in the preset you’re going to create is bg_over or bg_under.

Something like (windows example) bg_over=c:\path\to\image.png

But is this work made in Naples? CONGRATULATIONS, you did the supreme job, I tried two shaders which are spectacular, the one from Game Boy Advance, and the other I tried on Neo Geo monitor-slotmask-bloom-ShinyBezel, really amazing and works perfectly with GLCORE. THANK YOU

1 Like

Made in Naples with Love :heart: :blue_heart:

2 Likes

WOWWWWWW AMAZING !! Si o nummr un ! :smiley:

1 Like

Okay I think I understand. I had looked in the files and was confused by not seeing something called background_under.png, which is the name of the actual file, so I wasn’t sure what I would change. I’ll look

1 Like

So the parameters ultimately seem to go all the way back to the file koko-aio-ng.slangp That’s where the path to the background_under.png is actually defined. I’m unclear how to change this image depending on the game when the path goes through this whole daisy chain of references all the way to that slang file, and changing it at that level will just propagate it through the whole chain of files that reference back to it. I looked at the wildcard documentation and I’m still unclear how I would apply that to this.

You just need to override the parameter in the last piece of the chain (the last preset), then set that preset as a core/game override.

Works exactly the same as other parameters, the next override previous.

So I could basically just cut and paste this line of text in the final shader file, but with whatever relevant image file I want? I’ll give that a try right now

bg_under = “textures/background_under.png”

Well I’m doing something wrong because when I try that it just fails to load the shader.

I added the extra lines at the bottom here to use the different background image, is this not how I would do it?

LICENSE https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/deed

// Released with permission from original author - https://github.com/Duimon

// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#reference “…/…/Presets-ng/Monitor-Ambilight-immersive.slangp”

bg_over = "../textures/logo_Playstation.png"

bg_over_linear = “true” bg_over_wrap_mode = “clamp_to_border”

bg_under = "textures/background_under2.png"

I looked up wildcards and after reading the documentation I don’t get what I would actually do. I’m not a coder unfortunately.

1 Like

No worries. If you manage to get one of your console graphics to work like you want (By adding a line to a saved preset.) you could use a wildcard to automatically select a different graphic based on the “Core” or “Content Directory”. (Much like saving a “Core” or “Content Directory” preset.)

The idea is that a single preset would be used instead of multiple.

(e.g. bg_under = “/my_content_dir_images/$CONTENT-DIR$.png”) Where your image names would match your content directory. (e.g. Playstation.png, N64.png, etc.)