Lakka on Kangaroo mini pc

Has anybody go this working ? I cant for the life of me even get to the bootloader all i get is a static cursor on the top left of the screen after booting the USB . I have tried so many different builds ( i386 and x64 ) this mini pc can boot and run 64bit windows 10 and 64bit ubuntu with no issues and from what i know this unit only supports pure UEFI systems . the cpu is based on cherry trail and has pretty much the same specs as the Lattepanda . here is a link to the exact model i have http://www.kangaroo.cc/kangarooplus/

Hi,

Did you try to make a test with Lakka LE based image ? If it is still not working, can you try append to the cmdline video=efifb or video=efi.

Thank you for your tests.

I tried the images u mentioned, the x64 build has same result static cursor at the top left and i386 just loops error: failed to load com32 file : vesamenu.c32 over and over again . as for the appending to the command line i have no idea how to do that lol im new to linux based commands ill try to figure it out until/if u can help me with that please :slight_smile:

ok so i think i figured it out in the two syslinux.cfg files (one in the usb root and the other in efi/boot folder ) i just add one of the edit you mention under APPEND …is there any specific place or is anywhere fine ?

unfortunately if that is that is what im to do it still gives me the same out come static cursor :frowning:

Is there anyone out there with some commands I can try !?

You tried the Run mode right ?

U mean typing run after the error ? Yes no go @gouchi

so i played around with the syslinux.cfg file in boot dir when i remove the “quiet” cmd the system reports loading kernel …ok . whatever it loads next i feel is having the issue …any thoughts @gouchi ?

Did you try to disable secure boot ?

Secure boot is off …I’m compiling lakka on ubuntu right now see if I can do anything … it’s building it as I type this

so i compiled lakka using the “CONFIG_EFI_MIXED=y” kernel option and still cant get lakka to boot … i compiled the image using the UEFI=yes flag …im all out of options now …this is the image i created https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar_ZO0wNzsv59CajZlnKDcNo8A6g if anyone wants to test it

Good idea ! Which Ubuntu kernel work with Kangaroo mini pc ?

Here is our kernel config, we can try to make a diff with Ubuntu kernel config ? We are using kernel 4.6.3.

1 Like

take it easy on me man im really just flying blind … im using the latest 64bit build of ubuntu right now . i edited your kernel to include the config_efi_mixed= yes located in the projects>generic>linux> linux.x86_64.conf file and built the efi.img.gz file

i believe im using kernel linux 4.4.0-59 generic x86_64

i see in the ubuntu kernel that config_efi_mixed=yes is active …but no go on lakka :frowning:

You may try to set ?

CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=y CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK_EFI=y

compiling now …may i ask what this does?

“This is useful for kernel debugging when your machine crashes very early before the console code is initialized.”

You will need to append to cmdline earlyprintk=efi,keep

Source

i just edited the linux.x86_64.conf file

i enabled config_early_printk=y

then i added the config_early_printk_EFI=yes right under it

did i screw up ?