LibreELEC based images for testers

It didn’t hang, per se, but it did take a second or two, and then booted up like normal. It is the strangest thing though. Does your board come up with a UEFI header for the USB drive?

Lmao uefi header ? U mean does it. It uefi and say it’s uefi in the boot selector ? Then yes it does

Yes, that is what I mean. OK, then I don’t know…did you have a Legacy boot mode in your Kangaroo?

Nope it’s pure uefi no legacy at all

U know when I type run … the screen flashes and u can see artifacts right where that flower should be … I wonder if it’s the graphics … anyone else got a graphics command I can try !

I just added a20 builds to the repo, for Cubieboard2 and Cubietruck.

Will there also be an image for MXQ S805/809?

Yes, Ntemis added S802 yesterday, we also have S805 already in tree, we will build them and make them available when we can.

More testing on my Asrock J4205-ITX:

Changing from threaded video ‘On’ to ‘Off’ sent me back to the flower screen indefinitely. After reboot, the setting was still enabled. I had to edit retroarch.cfg via SSH to change it.

I managed to copy my NES/SNES ROMs to the system and successfully created playlists. However, launching any game throws me out to the flower screen indefinitely.

EDIT: Saw this issue: https://github.com/lakkatv/Lakka-LibreELEC/issues/35

Tried waiting longer and after a pretty long time (I believe it took at least 5 minutes) the game booted up. So consider that issue report confirmed.

EDIT2: I’ve confirmed that both analog and digital audio via HDMI works. So, only problems I’ve experienced so far are the threaded video issue described above and the long game start-up time.

EDIT3: I’ve identified what triggers the long game start-up time and a work-around. See issue comment: https://github.com/lakkatv/Lakka-LibreELEC/issues/35#issuecomment-275082002

1 Like

Thanks.

I updated the builds in http://le.builds.lakka.tv/

• Fixed udevil for automounting USB drives in the ROMs folder
  • Added mame2003 on every build
1 Like

hey @Kivutar do you have any commands i can try for unsupported graphics or pure UEFI systems like my kangaroo plus ?

Holding off testing it for now because I’m waiting for the aluminum case for my Lattepanda to show up. Right now, just running it bare-board. Any updates or changes to the LE revision of Lakka since my last test?

@Kivutar S805 is also ready for merge, i have sent a PR with some S802 fixes and enhancements like HDMI/5.1/7.1 Surround Audio output :slight_smile:

Perfect, I’m building them now.

1 Like

will there be build for Amlogic S905X box like for Amlogic s805. I have tested in Laka build in Amlogic s805 and works perfect. Possible to use emulation station as frontend rather than retroarch in lakka build as emulation station is simpler frontend for kids. thanks

We are always happy to support more amlogic boxes but the lag of those devices make it impossible. We are always open to hardware donations and this is the list we are currently missing:

1. Generic Amlogic S905/X/L/D
  2. Generic Amlogic S812

My another question is ,is there plan of having emulationstation as frontend in the lakka build or is it already available to have emulationstation as frontend to retroarch to play roms?

one silly question… should cores compiled for OpenELEC version work in LibreELEC version and viceversa? I know that retroarch should be compiled for each system due to libraries and dependencies issues, but what about cores?

thanks!

I dont see why they would when recalbox (batocera now) exists.

Yes but ,recalbox has no build for amlogic hardware, I have amlogic s802 box and want to use emulationstation as frontend.