LibreELEC based images for testers

Question about scanning roms…

At the moment i got an folder with PS1 games and another with snes. When i scan the Rom folder only the PS1 games will be adding. The snes games wont be scan. The snes games are ending with .smc…

After it dont works, i got all roms in one folder. Same thing. PS1 Games are scanning and snes dont…

Can someone help me?

I’m adding builds for a10 cubieboard tonight.

I noticed that the builds for Odroid C2 have disappeared, is there a problem with them at the moment?

2 Likes

SNES Games now will be scan. Was my mistake. Wrong format and they wasnt zipped.

@kivutar The build from 30.01. is this the first one u buid? With the other 2 build i got problems when i boot from USB and choose “RUN”…

On my system it is libreelec install and with last both builds they destroy my partition… Dont know why. Thx

I am wondering if there is any way (or will be) to install it to my Tronsmart Vega S95 that shares the same chipset s905 than the Odroid C2.

Great work, keep going!

Regards

I can’t find the Odroid C2 builds anymore. Any idea where they went?

Is the work on Lakka OpenELEC completely ceased?

I noticed the builds for Odroid C2 are targeting the arm arch and not aarch64 like libreelec does. I managed to download and make an image for aarch64 today (based on commit #7357ecf) but I had to remove a few cores/emulators that wouldn’t compile (fuse-libretro, lutro, ppsspp, glupen64, mupen64plus, beetle-pcfx). I also made an arm (32 bit) build to compare each one on Odroid C2.

I used a SNES save state to reload a particular place that was heavy for snes9x. Using this I was able to see a difference of about 5% CPU (55% for arm 32 vs 50% for aarch64 for one core). Overall this may seem like a small difference but it was consistent, same board, same CPU frequency, and this is still like around 10% performance improvement, and the only thing you have to do is to compile with aarch64.

After doing that, I think I now understand the reason for compiling with arm 32 was because some emulators do not compile with aarch64, but is there any plan to have all those sub projects fixed to compile and work properly on aarch64?

Because since it is faster (at least it is not slower) and all newer arm cpu are probably going to be 64 bits eventually it may become more relevant to look at this.

Also, I have the Odroid C1 and I also compared the performance as well between the 2 boards, and C2 uses about 10-15% less CPU this was when C2 was using the 32 bit binaries and both boards were at same CPU frequency. C2 is not much more expensive than C1 so it seems like a good buy.

Otherwise the new Lakka LibreElec builds works very well for me! I played about 20 hours overall (mostly SNES, some NES) without any issue. I’m using a 8bitdo bluetooth controller. Great work guys! Keep going! :slight_smile:

Yes. We may do some backports in the future, but for now, we’re working full time on switching to LibreELEC.

Some cores will not be compatible with aarch64 for a long time. It’s a dynarec issue. So for now we use an armhf rootfs.

We deleted them by mistake, they will be back tomorrow.

Builds updated today. C2 is back.

I have installed this build in my s805 box ,booting from sd card,how do i install this box internal storage instead of dual boot? Also since its libreelec,how to access kodi? All i get is lakka interface in tv.

We removed KODI to ship RetroArch instead.

@Ntemis can tell you how to setup to NAND I think there is a script somewhere.

login to shell by ssh and execute > installtointernal S802 builds have been updated now is possible to boot from sdcard and usb.

I’m trying to get Lakka to boot from SD on an M8 S802, but can’t seem to get the SD (or another USB stick) to boot. (img burned with LE burning tool) (LibreElec is installed internally). When I try to boot with the toothpick method, I just see a red flash, followed by the recovery menu, but it still refuses to boot… Any ideas?

I added builds for Bananapi 1

I added builds for H3 (OrangePi and some BananaPi) and fixed the XU4 build (works only on SD card).

1 Like

Hello, my S805.M201C.arm image doesn’t have sound throug HDMI and audio output headphone also not working. Also can’t choose audiodevice in the Settings. What is going on?

Hello, I fixed an audio issue on S805 yesterday night. I’m pushing new builds to the repo now. Please do an upgrade.

Hello Kivutar, tried the S805.HD18Q.arm image. Sound is working! AIDA reports a M201C chip. Thanks for the support.

1 Like

Was trying the M201C image on the mxq box, it’s freezing and doesn’t work well. Once again, AIDA reports a original M201C box. When i install the HD18Q IT works better. What is the difference? Kind regards.