LibreELEC based images for testers

M201C has only 512mb ram

I updated the images, they now have the latest RetroArch, database and themes.

1 Like

AIDA reports one gig ? Strangeā€¦

Then you must have something else

HD180q is Stable, exotic boxesā€¦

Installed it on a Raspberry PI 2 and it seems to be working great!

Because I use a PI connected via Gert VGA 666 to a Ultimate Scart Adapter I have set my resolution to 1920x240. A variable horizontal resolution to accommodate different resolutions like SNES with 256 and a Genesis with 320 and a fixed vertical resolution of 240p. In the OpenELEC version this means the bootsplash is really narrow. In the LibreElec it looks okay. This works okay for me but this might mean that people with a 16:9 get a stretched bootsplash.

Will check later on a 16:9 TV

1 Like

Running amazingly fast on the brand new 905 build from Demetris (great job!) Impressed by the amount of cores, and speed of for instance the n64. Just one issue that seems to stand out: when I apply an overlay it just doesnā€™t do anything. For the rest t is hard to find anything wrong with it so far.

1 Like

Hardkernel announces the Linux kernel 4.9 release for the ODROID-XU4 and XU3 platforms. This LTS(Long Term Support) kernel 4.9 will be actively updated until early 2019.

Key features of the XU4 hardware are working on kernel 4.9.11 as of today. Cortex-A15/A7 Octacore HMP, HDMI video and audio, USB 3.0, Gbit Ethernet, Mali-T628MP6 GPU, MFC VPU and eMMC HS400 mode are functional now.

1 Like

Hardkernel updated also recently Mali GPU driver to the latest r14p0 with VSYNC implementation.

1 Like

Thanks man, really appreciate your positive feedback as S905 is a new platform for Lakka. Keep testing :slight_smile:

I can only thank you in return. You rejuvenated my s802 and now the 905 is a brilliant up to date plug and play emu box. (also very happy to see the ST emulator included, as that is where my roots lie). Iā€™m just having issues getting anything to run with the Mame2003 emulator, where FBA seems to play almost all my arcade ROMS. (there are a few ROMS that dont work with FBA and when i try to run them with MAME its back to the menu straight away.) A minor, I think more generic retroarch point, is that sometimes the controller seems to go in some hypercharged mode, skipping many entries in menus, making it almost impossible to navigate. Starting a ROM and quitting it seems to resolve that. Shader performance also seems to be borked on the amlogic boxes. Not sure if that requires custom shader compilation, or if this just is what it is, but I thought they should be able to perform better than this. (the box is currently busy scanning 80k ROMs, so not much more testing at the moment).

Overlays are suddenly working as they shouldā€¦ No idea how that happened, but it just works now :smiley:

Will update mame2003 asap :slight_smile: Retroarch Menu turbulences are being taken care by @kivutar as we recently updated it and we are still fine tuning it looking for bugs. About those shader performance issues better to leave @kivutar to explain to you. Regards

Youā€™re right about the shaders performance issue on amlogic, I noticed it too. Iā€™m not sure if there is something we can do, except waiting for better mali blobs.

Iā€™m not an expert on shaders, but would compiling the shaders with the Mali offline compiler help? (and would that be actually compatible with retroarch shaders?)

Hello guys, Iā€™m new here. Just to tell you that I run the M8 build on my Eny M8S, it runs great. Only problem I notice is that I have to ssh everytime into the box to reconnect my 8bitdo.

Update your 8bitdo firmware

1 Like

Just updated the S905 build with the latest gz, and had to relabel the partitions to LAKKA and LAKKA_DISK to get the SD to boot after the upgrade (they were named LIBREELEC and LIBREELEC_DISK). Is that an upgrade issue, or a generic issue in the image?

Tried to compile on s905, had to change a few packages since fedoraproject.org has died, but after that it built correctly.

I did had to update the dtb.img to one for my device as I had no Wifi/BT/Lan with the generic included. This also happens with Kszaqā€™s LE 8 build so its not a Lakka problem, but you might want to mention that somewhere for people that could have the same problem.

Also, why is there no option to update cores individually?

the Atari800 included doesnā€™t support Atari5200 keys, but after updating the package with the latest by @r-type it worked perfectly.

Keep up the good work!

Well, trying with the latest version the menu does feel more stable :slight_smile: Still having issues with mame2003 and hatari seems to dump core (even after setting hatari.cfg) : it seems to be missing NVRAM in the .hatari folder, which is odd, as that is a Falcon only feature (no emulator needed for that one) , and Iā€™m just running TOS 1.02. Just creating an nvram file makes it go on a little bit further until it dumps core again.

Mame 2003 core has no issues its your rom set that is not compatible :slight_smile: Lakka requires that you use the No-Intro ROMs set so do that anything else wont work and will fail. For Hatari core issues as we are feature freeze dont know exactly when we will be able to update it. I will try speak to Lakka lead developer about it and he will decide for it. Regards and thanks for the feedback. Edit:RC2 will have the newest hatari core :wink: