LibreELEC based images for testers

@shanti Atari800 core has been updated to support Atari5200 keys.

Thank you :smiley:

Another thing I noticed on a S905 (Mini M8s), The PPSSPP core shows a black screen (audio works) when selecting “nonbuffered” in the core options, it runs with the “buffered” option but its very slow. I think I read somewhere that the mali drivers have a bug with 32bpp, so PPSSPP needs to be run at 16bpp, to test this I have logged in through SSH and ran this command

“fbset -fb /dev/fb0 -g 1920 1080 1920 2160 16” which sets my screen to 1920x1080p@16bpp

then I opened a game and “nonbuffered” works fine, and I get much better performance.

is there anything you guys can do to change the bpp before running the core? or another possible fix?

I have set up emulationstation with Lakka, and I work around this by running a SSH script, but of course this is not possible inside RA directly.

1 Like

The nonbuffered core options has always been broken in ppsspp-libretro.

Changing to 16bpp is not going to improve the speed. We just need to fix nonbuffered.

Not sure about that, but in my experience nonbuffered (at 16bpp ) worked better and faster, I can make a video if you need me to, if I run the same game Buffered vs Nonbuffered (in 16bpp) you can clearly see the difference, its night and day. This is also noticeable in the PPSSPP standalone. At least on my Amlogic S905 device.

Edit: I am an idiot. I re-read your message, and yeah changing to 16bpp does not make nonbuffered work faster, it just makes it so that amlogic s905 can display the video, I think there is a bug with 32bpp on the amlogic MALI drivers.

Yes there is a bug in 32bpp on amlogic mali drivers.

I released the RC2 today.

1 Like

Installed the RC1 Pi 2 image on my pi 3. Ran fine, then updated to rc2 and system now freezes randomly. Anyone else having this issue?

Not a big deal as I will start fresh, but was curious.

Thanks! I will try RC2 tonight :slight_smile:

But does that mean that being a bug in the blobs you guys can’t fix it right?

Yeah. If it’s that then we can’t fix it.

1 Like

Upon further testing the 16bpp had nothing to do, it was the video_shared_context option, if set to true the nonbuffered option works correctly, even at 32bpp.

On RPi3, even with video_shared_context=true, I get a black screen if I use nonbuffered mode.

I am using a TV box with an amlogic S905 and that was what worked for me, but I guess it still has problems in general :frowning: the core is a bit behind the standalone PPSSPP.

I’m trying to download the S905 image, but the server gives a 403 error when trying to download the dtb file.

Would it be possible to bring back the onscreen overlays for the XU4 build?

The boot.ini is missing the performance governor and the value of the resolution variable is not propagated further to the boot arguments.

Why does the crt_pi shader look completely different on XU4 compared to raspberry pi?

The RC4 is out! http://www.lakka.tv/articles/2017/03/27/lakka-20-rc4-is-out/

1 Like

Hey, can you add support for USB WIFI TP-LINK TL-WN722N. It’s based on Atheros AR9271. On my Bananapi M1 Lakka couldn’t load firmware :frowning:

Please open an issue so that we won’t forget to enable it. It seems your wifi adapter needs htc_9271.fw from linux-firmware. Please confirm it and try to provide the output of lsusb, you need to access Lakka command line interface.

Thank you.

Hey, i added isseu on github.

from dmesg:

[ 50.353327] usb 3-1: ath9k_htc: Firmware htc_9271.fw requested [ 50.369626] usbcore: registered new interface driver ath9k_htc [ 111.224804] usb 3-1: ath9k_htc: Failed to get firmware htc_9271.fw [ 111.229679] usb 3-1: ath9k_htc: USB layer deinitialized

from lsusb:

Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0cf3:9271 Qualcomm Atheros Communications AR9271 802.11n

Hello, I have problem with PS3 (Shanwan) Wireless Bluetooth joystick on S802.S82.arm - Tronsmart MXIII (Lakka 2.0 rs3 and rc4 builds). It works only wired, but is unable to pair via bluetooth.

If I look to top I see process brcm_patchram_p which takes 100% of CPU:

2432 root 20 0 1632 156 124 R 100.0 0.0 14:49.41 brcm_patchram_p

I also tested the same builds (Lakka 2.0 rc3 and rc4) for Raspberry Pi3 and for PC and there the same joystick works without any problem.

Tomas

RC5 is available, please test it.

Same problem with PS3 bluetooth controller on MXIII (S802) - process brcm_patchram_p takes about 100% of CPU and the wireless controller is unable to pair