Mednafen Saturn core?

[QUOTE=TrueMotion;45391]Well, saves in SSF can be stored in two files:

[ul] [li]InternalBackupRAM.bin (64KB - the internal memory) [/li][li]ExternalBackupRAM.bin (1024KB - the backup save cartridge) [/li][/ul] You need to check where the desired save is stored first. With the Backup Parser, you just load one of the files (in SH2 mode, the one used by SSF) and then save it in RAW mode (used by Mednafen). The resulting file is half the size (32KB and 512KB, respectively).

Then, rename the resulting file according to the name of the CUE file with the correct extension: [ul] [li]BKR (internal, 32KB) [/li][li]BCR (external, 512KB) [/li][/ul] [/QUOTE]

Iā€™ve also been trying to convert the SFIII saves over to the raw formats; since i have it stored on External, iā€™d load up ExternalBackupRAM.bin, right? It sounds like then i have to Save the backup ram as a .bcr with the filename as the name of the .cue? or do I have to just Export the specific SFIII save file out as raw? Mednafen seems to save .bcr, .bkr, and .smpc for the game in the sav folder, as well as making a folder in the b folder for the game, containing multiple bcrā€™s and bkrā€™sā€¦ itā€™s confused me, could you explain if i need to Save the whole backup or Export just the file, plus where to put it? Iā€™ve tried a few ways but midnafen hasnā€™t seemed to recognize itā€¦

Yeah, ExternalBackupRAM.bin needs to be converted to RAW (making it 512KB, then renamed to .BCR The folder is the one set in your options file. (mine is in the same folder as the CUE file).

Remember to make backups of all the files before overwriting/deleting stuff.

I am absolutely loving the new mednafen Saturn core but for the life of me I cannot get external audio to play without crashing. I ripped several of my original discs into .cue .iso .ogg and they all play beautifully in mednafen standalone when I drag the .cue to the mednafen exe. But in retroarch when I load the core and then load the .cue it crashes with a c++ runtime error. All of my .cues with just a single iso data track work perfectly. But the second you add even a single external audio track it crashes. Doesnā€™t matter if itā€™s in wav format or ogg. For comparison, .cue .iso .ogg works fine in retroarch for TG16, PSX and Sega CD.

Is there a possibility that external audio file support is simply not hooked in yet for the Saturn core? Or it could be something totally stupid that Iā€™m just overlooking. When I try loading the .cue with external ogg audio in the debug build it says something about an undefined Int when it throws the c++ error which leads me to believe that the external audio support is simply not hooked in yet as itā€™s crashing when it comes a crossed a line in the .cue with a variable it doesnā€™t understand.

Has anyone been able to get external audio in either wav or ogg format running from a cue in the mednafen Saturn core?

[QUOTE=Fenn;49405]I am absolutely loving the new mednafen Saturn core but for the life of me I cannot get external audio to play without crashing. I ripped several of my original discs into .cue .iso .ogg and they all play beautifully in mednafen standalone when I drag the .cue to the mednafen exe. But in retroarch when I load the core and then load the .cue it crashes with a c++ runtime error. All of my .cues with just a single iso data track work perfectly. But the second you add even a single external audio track it crashes. Doesnā€™t matter if itā€™s in wav format or ogg. For comparison, .cue .iso .ogg works fine in retroarch for TG16, PSX and Sega CD.

Is there a possibility that external audio file support is simply not hooked in yet for the Saturn core? Or it could be something totally stupid that Iā€™m just overlooking. When I try loading the .cue with external ogg audio in the debug build it says something about an undefined Int when it throws the c++ error which leads me to believe that the external audio support is simply not hooked in yet as itā€™s crashing when it comes a crossed a line in the .cue with a variable it doesnā€™t understand.

Has anyone been able to get external audio in either wav or ogg format running from a cue in the mednafen Saturn core?[/QUOTE]

As soon as I found out how to convert to single bin/cue tracks I never looked back. Out of curisoity, what is the benefit of using external tracks?

Audio compression

Still no fix to the date/time prompt, correct?

It should go away if you copy the three save files for each game from stand alone, but I think Iā€™ve had it persist in Assault Suit Leynos 2. Christmas NiGHTS will always show the in game time input unless a way to pass the system time to the core is coded. I donā€™t think thereā€™s an easy way to do that in Libretro yet.

Could you elaborate? I just opened a game with Mednafen, but Iā€™m not seeing any sav files createdā€¦

I

When you load Saturn games in Mednafen stand alone, it creates a .bcr, .bkr and .smpc file in the Sav folder with the filename of your .cue. You can copy those into wherever your RetroArch saves are and usually you wonā€™t see the time entry screen anymore when booting.

Thanks so much! Really appreciate the follow up answer. Working as advertised. I had to rename them to match my rom names ā€“ Mednafen was appending some goofy stuff to the filenames, but after renaming, they work perfectly when dropped in my /Sega Saturn/Game-Name folders

Is King of Fighters known to have issues? Iā€™ve tried using the Darkwater set and itā€™s the only game out of 303 Iā€™ve tested that isnā€™t working. It crashes immediately.

As soon as I get KOF working, Iā€™ll be posting a download link to all BCR, BKR, and SMPC organized by folder to match the HyperSpin official set. While this wonā€™t help everyone, it will help those that use HyperSpin databases

( :

Which KOF? 95 came with a rom cart and wonā€™t work without it.

King of Fighters 95

Correct. The issue is that the core isnā€™t looking for the rom cart, like Mednafen native does. I believe a pull request has already been submitted last night to resolve

I hope this isnā€™t too much of a noob question, but Iā€™ve tried running a couple different games in the Mednafen core, and after putting in the date and time for each game, I get stuck at the main Saturn Menu. Is this because I have an incorrect version of the bin/cue files or is there something else I need to do to get past this menu and into the game.

I get the same problem - if I run saturn isos with the yabause core they run fine, but trying to run them with the mednafen core just goes to the saturn cd player

I am using bin+cue, however, i just checked the cue files and discovered that instead of just having the file name of the bin, most of them had folder+filename. Since they werenā€™t in those folders it couldnā€™t find them and it acted like I was trying to load a bad disc lol

Good catch. Itā€™s crazy how many terrible cue sheets are floating around with hardcoded paths, case-insensitive filenames, etc.

what seems odd to me though is that even with the bad cues, yabause was still able to find the bin files even though mednafen couldnā€™t

Can you edit a cue file to have the correct path? My cue file looks like thisā€¦

FILE ā€œC:\SATURN\023 RADIANT SILVERGUN (J).BINā€ BINARY

Obviously my bin file, which does have that filename, is located in a totally different folder.