Mednafen Saturn core?

Just edit out the path:

FILE “023 RADIANT SILVERGUN (J).BIN” BINARY

then as long as the bin + cue are in the same folder it will work

[QUOTE=ZForceFFC;53773]Can you edit a cue file to have the correct path? My cue file looks like this…

FILE “C:\SATURN\023 RADIANT SILVERGUN (J).BIN” BINARY

Obviously my bin file, which does have that filename, is located in a totally different folder.[/QUOTE]

Remove the C:, leave only the bin file name with “.bin” extension and it should work fine in any folder.

Nice, that fixed it, although Radiant Silvergun doesn’t seem to work too good in either Mednafen or Yabause, but I’m guessing that’s an emulator issue, unless anyone here has had better success with it.

Works fine here in mednafen-saturn. I’m assuming you mean it’s slow…?

No problems with Radiant Silvergun here either.

Yeah it’s a bit slow and the sound stutters on my end.

Either your CPU is not fast enough for it or you may need to do some settings tweaks like turning on Threaded Video or setting Hard GPU Sync Frames to 1. Also use a light weight shader or no shader at all if you are using one.

1 Like

I’m not sure exactly what those settings mean, but I changed them both like you suggested and the game runs like a champ now :slight_smile:

Hard GPU Sync Frames 1 is preferred over Threaded Video but if you have to do both then that’s the way it goes :wink:

I’ll try em both individually later and see how they work. I’m pretty new to retroarch so I don’t know what most of those settings do, so I generally leave them alone unless I know what I’m changing.

How is input lag with hard_GPU = 0?

I can only afford “1” and the input lag is kinda terrible. Even on my CRT monitor. This is not the case with other cores with the same settings.

I think it’s a core issue. It adds some extra input lag itself. Any possibility we might see this fixed in the future?

I tested several games, the fastest ones to react take 4 frames. (hotkey P then K frame by frame method) So yeah, that’s at emulator level.

SSF was even worse really, but it could be better for sure.

Any progress on 3dpad? Or a workaround?

A new Mednafen version was released recently with many Saturn updates. I think the previous one was also centered around Saturn.

Will these updates be implemented for RetroArch’s Saturn core as well?

Yeah, we’ll get to at some point. It’s hard to keep up to date with the Mednafen-derived cores because they don’t use version control, just tarball releases, so it’s a time-consuming process to see what’s changed.

Thanks. I see the core was updated in the buildbot but it still says 0.9.39.2.

any change to switch default Core-Button-Mapping to: L-Shoulder = Saturn Z-Button R-Shoulder = Saturn C-Button

now its reversed i think and if i play with my fightig pad i have to “core-remap” only this one core. other Cores like Arcade plays just fine and as expected with my Controller-Mapping. has mainly try with Street Fighter 2 on different Systems (FBA,MAME,SNES, PS1 and even Saturn). all plays with correct button layout with exception of the saturn-core. If i set a remap for the core (switch the L & R Shoulder-Buttons) it plays exaclty with the native button Layout and like the other cores do.

beside this the core works really great for me. great job at all!!! Can play game like Sega Rally, Panzer Dragon 2, Radiant Silvergun, Die Hard Arcade and Soukyugurentai without any trouble or stuttering (running on Pentium G4500)

1 Like

I’m dying for an Xbox style pad with added Z/C buttons to completely alleviate these issues for 6-button systems like Saturn, Nintendo 64, Genesis and some NEC stuff.

Sadly they are always nothing more than moved/duplicated shoulder buttons :frowning:

Core updated to 0.9.43 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does this update add analog controls?