Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

These are some of the parameters which may have had their “behavior” changed with respect to the values applied.

Previous downsample Blur values of 100 are equivalent to either 30 or 33 now.

Post CRT Brightness of 143 is equivalent to 1.43 now.

Halation might have been changed a few times as well as bugs fixed. So depending on how old the preset is a halation value of 0.15 might be equivalent to somewhere between 0.01 and 0.03.

Things like Scanline Gamma Offset no longer exist. Now we have Scanline Gamma in its place.

Then there were the changes to the base presets themselves with the addition of the SMOOTH-ADV base preset and some recent changes to base preset defaults, which might affect shader presets which don’t have those values explicity set.

One example of this is Opposite Dir Multiplier. If you didn’t set it explicitly in your preset, it’s now going to be 125 instead of 100. Which means a change in Scanline count.

Then there’s the Deconvergence Noise that was decoupled from the Deconvergence and given a new toggle. So that would probably have to be toggled On and a new preset saved.

That goes for Deconvergence too. It has an On/Off Toggle.

1 Like

Yeah that was my concern. Depending an how many of those parameters have changed it might be difficult to convert them. Not impossible though, if we can narrow them down.

We also have just the one example, it remains to be seen what other parameters he is using.

I have been doing regular maintenance on my presets over the months. I’m not sure how easy it would be for me to convert a preset that was over a year old.

That being said. @MrBlastman I would be happy to try and help.

1 Like

On a related note… there is a @mr_blastman and a @MrBlastman. I notified the wrong one before.

3 Likes

Mega_Bezel_Logo

Mega Bezel is updated to V1.0.007_2022-08-29_Rev-1

Changes:

• Renamed DREZ Presets so the DREZ appears at the end
  • Added additional STD DREZ presets for NDS, 3DS and PSP,
    • This includes high res presets for NDS and 3DS

Go to the first post here for links to the package and install instructions. Please make sure to read the install & setup instructions

7 Likes

Yep I’ll look at the files after getting some rest. This input from everyone is great! :slight_smile: ty

3 Likes

I am probably both the same user :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Mega_Bezel_Logo

Mega Bezel is updated to V1.1.0_2022-09-04

Changes:

• Versioning changed to standard semantic versioning
    • First number is the major version
    • Second number is incremented when new features are Added
    • Third number is for bug fixes only
  • DREZ presets updated to use Hyllian’s bspline for a much cleaner downscaling
    • Thank Hyllian, this are looking really
  • Integrated Hyllian’s Checkerboard Dedithering
    • This is now controlled by a general dedithering parameter HSM_DEDITHER_MODE which will switch between different methods
      • 0: OFF
      • 1: STRICT (MDAPT)
      • 2: RELAXED (MDAPT)
      • 3: HYLLIAN Checkerboard
      • 4: HYLLIAN Checkerboard + STRIPES (MDAPT)
      • 5: STRIPES (MDAPT)

Go to the first post here for links to the package and install instructions. Please make sure to read the install & setup instructions

Old DREZ 480p (Using Mipmapping)

New DREZ 480p Using Hyllian’s bSpline filter

Old DREZ

New DREZ

Old DREZ

New DREZ

Old DREZ

New DREZ

Dedithering

Original

1 MDAPT Strict

2 MDAPT Relaxed

3 Hyllian Checkerboard

4 Hyllian Checkerboard and MDAPT Stripes

5 MDAPT Stripes

Original

4 Hyllian + MDAPT Stripes

10 Likes

Nice release! Those DREZ are getting crisp!

3 Likes

I just updated retroarch to the last version on my Android device and was curious to test the impact of Mega Bezel on the performances.

I tried to follow the regular installation instructions in:

But in the Online Updater menu I have no Update Slang Shaders entry.

Is MB unsupported on Android?

2 Likes

It will work on very select devices. I think you need to use the APK install of Android.

Maybe someone who has it running on their Shield can chime in.

2 Likes

Yes, I think the reason you do not have the update slang shaders is because your Retroarch came from the play store, rather than the downloadable apk from the libretro site.

2 Likes

Nope, I installed 1.10.3 from the official site provided APKs.

2 Likes

Hmm, then I think the update slang shaders should appear if you are using vulkan or glcore

This is what I see when I download from the website and install the apk

2 Likes

From a recent @hunterk post, I gather that some things are different depending on 32-bit vs 64-bit.

Maybe @Tarrasque is using 32-bit?

Are slang shaders available for 32-bit?

1 Like

Hi, I want to ask. my spare computer is an old i5-2310 and onboard graphics. I want to use HSM for arcade gaming. But it’s my gaming PC Ryzen 5 2600 game starts 25second. how can I speed up the game’s launch time? I don’t want a crt effect or another bloom-like effect. I want only a good bezel and reflections.

I tried and I succeeded in every game I tried HSM Mega Bezel. But I want to set up my old rig for the Retro Gaming Station/ Media Center/ Network Attached Server.

1 Like

slang shaders should be available from the online updater as long as the video driver is set to a slang-compatible driver, regardless of bitness.

3 Likes

You could try a GDV-Mini base preset to se if that loads faster. The load time decreases as you go from and ADV preset to an STD and further as you go to GDV-Mini.

Recent driver updates for the Ryzen may improve performance using the glcore video driver.

That being said…

This is probably a no go. :worried:

1 Like

You can try the Potato presets with these, including the one that has GDV-MINI in the name. Or possibly get an entry level graphics card like a GTX 750 Ti, 1050 Ti, 1650 Ti or used GTX 970 or 1070, 1070Ti or 1080 or RX 570/580/590.

How much RAM, what graphic card and what type of hard drive are you loading your games and the shader from on this machine?

My old system not work I understand. My Ryzen 5 2600 + 16GB DDR4 Ram + 8GB RX580. I want to only reduce the opening times.

I`m use glcore on retroarch 1.10.3. Try other presets. This shaders need actually good system.

If can remove crt and other effect how can I do that.

1 Like

You forgot to mention your hard drive type. Is it a mechanical one or an SSD? If mechanical, then 25 seconds is par for the course.

Also, why aren’t you using the Vulkan driver? It should work fine with that graphics card.

Performance can also vary considerably depending on the resolution you’re using.

You might have to reduce the mask strength to 0 and increase the Opposite Direction Scanline Res Multiplier ( HSM_CORE_RES_SAMPLING_MULT_OPPOSITE_DIR = “100.000000”) to 200, 300 or whatever the maximum is.

Also set GSL Scanline Type to -1.

You can also try lowering the interlacing trigger resolution (HSM_INTERLACE_TRIGGER_RES = “600.000000”) to a low value like 100.

Then set Fake Scanline Opacity to 0 (HSM_FAKE_SCANLINE_OPACITY = “0.000000”)