Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

Look up a bit right below [ CRT SCREEN SCALING GENERAL ]:

2 Likes

Which one do you like better for GBA? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Mega_Bezel_Logo

Mega Bezel is updated to V1.4.1_2022-09-26

Changes:

• Updated all the blur paths to match the new paths in the libretro repo, you will need to update your retroarch slang shaders to ne in sync.
  • Adjusted some caching to be slightly faster

Go to the first post here for links to the package and install instructions. Please make sure to read the install & setup instructions

6 Likes

Most definitely this one!

4 Likes

Hey :slight_smile:

The “purple bars” are fixed! Here: https://youtu.be/GwrXkfS-CsE

“Integer Scale Mode” 1.00 and “Base Integer Scale Max Height %” set from 89.00 to 74.00, so that the picture is correct.

I hope this could help everyone else who is also having this problem :slight_smile:

Many thanks to @HyperspaceMadness, @Duimon. You are the best :heart:

2 Likes

Now the purple bars are gone, but now the next problem is there :frowning:

By setting the Integer Scale Mode and Base Integer Scale Max Height everything will be postponed.

3 Likes

I think I heard @duimon’s name whisper in the wind… :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah it looks like I’ll need to get those off screen elements done sooner than later. :wink:

It also looks like the GBC preset may be set up incorrectly. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Mega_Bezel_Logo

Mega Bezel is updated to V1.4.2_2022-09-27

Changes:

• Fixed LCD Grid and Easymode

Go to the first post here for links to the package and install instructions. Please make sure to read the install & setup instructions

7 Likes

So I noticed on this screenshot…

That the device body had scaled differently then the bezel and button layers.

I assumed that this preset was configured incorrectly… it was not.

@RetroBoy100 I am going to assume that you are using either an old shader version or an old version of my pack. Please update both and see if it fixes the issue.

Turns out that there is an integer scale multiple offset that works for the Game Boy…

… the GBC,

…and the GBA.

Set Integer to use both axis and then decrease the Integer Scale Multiple Offset until the graphic is too small, then increase it by 1.

This works in the GB, GBC, and the GBA.

I don’t like to use Integer scale on cores that have internal scale options. (Weird things happen so I fake it with non-integer.) Since these don’t I will probably change them to Integer.

So… this means I will not be doing the off screen elements just yet. :wink:

6 Likes

Is there a non-integer scale that you can use which matches a particular integer scale at 1080p? Maybe you are already doing this…

This was my little experiment, I set the non integer scale at 59.17

It seems like yours is pretty close to this

I adjusted it to what looks like integer scale, but the strange thing the non integer scale is different than the first example

3 Likes

I am not faking integer in any of these presets. Currently only the PSP, NDS, and 3DS are using fake integer.

That’s one thing that worries me. Will integer do strange things on 1080 vs 4K.

What I am noticing is that in this last shot the device layer is once again out of scale with the rest.

This has me a little worried but I can’t reproduce it on my end. Have you updated my pack?

1 Like

If the Integer scale is greater in the debug… shouldn’t the non-integer also be greater?

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what’s really weird, I’ll have to look at what’s going on, because logically it doesn’t seem to make sense.

1 Like

What about the scale discrepancy in the last shot? I’m wondering if you are using my build that I forgot the Follow parameter updates.

2 Likes

I verified that the integer settings will work on both 1080 and 4k so I will make the changes.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ll update and see what changes

3 Likes

That was a lot to read :smiley: I have to say something briefly, I’m not really a genius in English, because I’m from Germany and I always have to translate some things.

@Duimon I had downloaded a current package from you “v0.9.0.5” and just downloaded “v0.9.5.1”. I just tested it, now the “purple bars” are gone, with today’s package :slight_smile: and the GBA now runs 100% correctly. Also the “Integer Scale Mode” works without problems. Thank you so much for the work you are doing here :heart:

"Set Integer to use both axis and then decrease the Integer Scale Multiple Offset until the graphic is too small, then increase it by 1."

For example, I don’t understand what you mean exactly, what should I do? That’s why it would always be good to show it on video :slight_smile:

About this

What you have done here by setting the Base Integer Scale Max Height % is also a good way to set the integer scale.

3 Likes

Do the SUPER-XBR + Guest Advanced CRT Shader is very taxing on gpu or cpu? I have a intel i5 4750 and a 970 nvidia card and a 1080p screen,