Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

I think it’s faster than ScaleFx.

uper-XBR only does a 2x upscale in X & Y then drops down to 1x in y and 2x in x, so resolution-wise it uses a lot less memory and gpu cycles. There are also other variants in there if you want to use Super-XBR with a lighter shader, or without reflections.

Performance 4K on RTX-2060, Frames per second with ImageViewer on 224p content

POTATO                  300
POTATO-SUPER-XBR        280

STD-NOREFLECT           210
STD-NOREFLECT-SUPER-XBR 190

STD__GDV                190
STD-SUPER-XBR__GDV      180

ADV__GDV                180
ADV-SUPER-XBR-GDV       165

SMOOTH-ADV__GDV         155

Test Image

03 - Dither - MVC 03

5 Likes

Thanks a lot for the detailed answer, love how it smoothes the pixel edges and gives a clean image without looking cartoonish

4 Likes

Hi! I found a bug in the dedithering… It’s more noticiable on the letters, it happens in every game… More noticiable in some games than in others. Here is an example…

Off:

On 4:Hyllian + stripes also happens in number 1, 2 and 3, but 4 and 5 are the most noticiable…

5 Likes

:grin: :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

That looks fun, kind sharing your preset?

4 Likes

That looks like a vertical line bug. Not a checkerboard one.

3 Likes

I don’t mind to share it, but I need to know how to share the short preset. I’m not able to do it yet.:worried: I’ve got the simple preset saving on. But can’t find where the file saves. If I save it with the name I want, It saves with the long preset…

1 Like

These files save under Retroarch/config

Hmm, this is weird, it’s supposed to save a simple preset as well

1 Like

Inside Retroarch/config, what I see folders of the games and cores, with it’s own slangp. But if I open them with notepad, it comes a long list… If I save them by a custom name, it saves in retroarch shaders folder…

1 Like

Can you go to your shaders/save page and take a screenshot so I can see what it looks like?

1 Like

Here are some slightly older versions of @RetroGames4K’s Sanyo CRT Presets.

1 Like

Ok. Right now I’m at work, so when I arrive tonight at home, I’ll do it ASAP…

2 Likes

Cool, no hurry :slightly_smiling_face: whenever is convenient

3 Likes

My settings haven’t changed at all but I updated to your latest release. I’m getting the “failed to load shader” error on any core I use. Any ideas?

2 Likes

You have to go to Online Updater and Update Slang Shaders.

1 Like

Hi… Here is the screenshot…

2 Likes

Actually I meant a screenshot of the save page inside Retroarch

1 Like

I have a very strong feeling that part of @RetroGames4K’s issue is that he might have been saving presets with the same name and overwriting them.

I’ve run into similar issues in the past when (accidentally) not saving as a new filename when updating and modifying my presets.

I try to always save as a new filename to avoid this.

2 Likes

oh! sorry :sweat_smile: You mean this ?

1 Like

Yes I think this is very likely.

There is a bug that sometimes saving over the same file that it thinks it will create a cyclical dependency of references, and therefore saves a full preset to avoid saving a preset which can’t be loaded.

@RetroGames4K I would suggest to do as @Cyber has suggested save a preset with a new name each time, or keep saving a per game preset until you are happy with it then copy it somewhere else and change the reference path.

2 Likes