Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

@HyperspaceMadness those transparent tube shots look really fun! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Hello everyone, I’d like to know what kind of hardware do you use for making the bezel works smoothly? I have got an old i5 Core at 3.5Ghz / 8Go RAM / running under Win10 and a Nvidia Geforce GT740

for my emu needs everything works fine, but as soon as I try to enable the mega Bezel Presets, everything is slow as hell (tested on Snes and genesis core). I’ve followed the guide, set the video driver to vukan and so on, but everything is laggy… So I guess that my setup cannot allow me to use it?

1 Like

Tested the new version (SCREEN-ONLY) on my Shield pro, none of the bezel work, all crash (CRT Royale also crash btw), but all the other shaders are working! Since @sonkun can at least run the potato version, despite having a bit less powerful Shield than me, and the fact that potato crashes on mine, I tend to think the problem is due to firmware 9.1.0 on Shield pro or problem in RA, rather than capability of the Shield pro. Not expecting things to be solved soon, but just wanted to share this here. Log here

hmmm i running this on an 8GB gpu …you can try disable the filters from some cores itself like blarg and such things , some of these filters totally destroyed my framerate xD but otherwise even ps2 and WII/GC runs perfect with this on my side

1 Like

An Nvidia GT is not going to cut it. :slightly_frowning_face: I would recommend at least a GTX 1070, but you will get the most satisfaction with something RTX or an AMD equivalent.

3 Likes

Ok so it seems to be what I’ve guessed : my GPU’s not powerful enough :frowning:

I have a Ryzen 3600x and a Rtx 2070. And yes, this shader is power hungry. My setup handles it very well, but my graphics card start blowing the fans harder now and again. I’m not saying it uses all power, but quite high yes…

1 Like

who would’ve thought that one day we’d need some 800$ graphic cards to play to our old Snes games :sob:. Anyway it’s a masterpiece of rendering, it’ll worth it

1 Like

Yeah, could be, if CRT Royale is also crashing, it seems likely.

What is very strange is that in your log it shows the Core resolution as 256x224, but then all the passes show a resolution of 1024x1024 which is not how it should be, until it gets to the blur passes the resolution should stay at 256x224.

Could you get me a log for when you try to load CRT Royale?

1 Like

Ok ! Here it is

1 Like

I am looking forward to trying one of the new Intel Arc GPUs, and I have seen RTX 3070s for under 500.

5 Likes

I managed to snag a brand new MSI RTX 3070 OC for $510 :exploding_head:

2 Likes

You can get an AMD RX 6600 for as low as US$239.99 or an RTX 2060 for as low as US$237.99 now.

While you can get a used GTX 1070 (which runs everything up to PSX & N64 with the most demanding Mega Bezel Preset fine at up to 4K resolution) for between US$142 and US$150.

2 Likes

I Just downloaded the latest version, and I link it looks a lot better. What do you think? :grin:

5 Likes

Dude i love parodius ^^

7 Likes

Yeah, that was my first attempt but then found out that my LG C9 had issues with AMD’s Freesync/G-Sync ALLM implementation.

2 Likes

Quick bit of good news for XBOX users, I have confirmation that the current release works on XBOX Series X, at least the STD preset running with a Genesis core.

Load time for the shader is still slow though about 2.5 minutes.

8 Likes

I love this game :heart_eyes: Even more with this shaders… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

A PS1 Game… Just Testing…

3 Likes

The latest 1.4.3 filter collapsed under GLCORE driver. Version 1.4.2 is good. Can you check the reason? Thank you

1 Like