Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

some gamecube shots , kinda love how f-zero looks

2 Likes

Just Testing… Now I can get fake scanlines… I didn’t know until now…

1 Like

Yeah, if you are using the SMOOTH-ADV preset which has scalefx included you can increase the core res mult and then use fake scanlines and rolling scanlines to get an effect like a higher res image behind the rolling scanlines.

Newpixie-Clone__SMOOTH-ADV__GDV.slangp in the variations folder does something like this

1 Like

How do I increase the core res mult? where can I find the option?

1 Like

They are here:

If you are using the fake scanlines you can also just reduce it to 100 then increase the Fake scanline opacity

Here are some examples of different Res multiples

100% Multiple

300% Scanline direction multiplier

300% Scanline direction multiplier and 125% Opposite direction multiplier (Default for SMOOTH-ADV)

300% Scanline direction multiplier and 300% Opposite direction multiplier

One thing to note is that if you are using the rolling scanlines you may want to experiment with different mask types, some mask types result in a brightness pulsing effect that isn’t so nice.

3 Likes

You mean set both X and Y prescale to 100? I just want fixed fake scanlines, I don’t like the rolling scanlines effect. This setting is really good… It looks more realistic, more close to my crt… :grinning: I want a proper setting for 4k. Any suggestion would help. Thanks :grin:

Hey @HyperspaceMadness, Retroarch Shader Update Menu is up to date with MegaBezel releases? Is it safe to update the slang shader pack without affecting the Mega Bezel?

2 Likes

It is currently up to date. But if you are a avid user like yourself, deleting the old Mega_Bezel then bringing in a new one is always the best because the online updater doesn’t delete old files, so it can leave behind unused obsolete files.

2 Likes

So if you set the Interlacing trigger res to 100 then this will remove regular scanlines, then you can increase opacity on the fake scanlines.

With the trigger res this low you will be in the mode where you see as high res as is coming out of scalefx.

3 Likes

Ok. Thanks a bunch…:muscle::grin::+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3: I’ll try it later…:grinning:

1 Like

This is what I was looking for. Thanks for the tip. I knew something was missing with my settings. But now I’m happy, but I’ll keep it tweaking… :grin:

1 Like

And here a Nintendo 64 one :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

C64 and Amiga ,i used thenamec´s overlays/ with edited backgrounds from TreyM where i put some posters in to fit the system :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

These monitor graphics lend themselves really well to this style. Post v1.0 of my pack I plan to create standalone presets for mine.

4 Likes

yeah , at this point i use a mixup of all the mega bezal packs with some edits of my own , i truly love all the effort guys like you put into those things ^^

3 Likes

Is this mashup going to be included in a distribution/pack?

2 Likes

Hi

I try all you said. Working great on DuckStation (PS1) and PPSSPP (PSP), performance is the same I think, i don’t notice lost frame… Just a bit longer to load preset (maybe 1 at 1:30 minutes, depending preset)

But on Dolphin (Gamecube), I got crash, maybe is too heavy… (But Potato preset working on Dolphin !) I suppose Mega Bezel working great on Series S until 32/64 Bits…

Yes and yes too. When I load a preset shader, nothing happen but N64 Core still running…

Maybe it’s because N64 Emulator use OpenGL and not DX11/DX12

1 Like

so far i just did these for myself why ? ^^ if i do i would ask you and TreyM before

1 Like

Ok my packs are distributed under a non-derivative license, meaning you can mix them for personal use only. You can’t distribute them in altered form, and this includes screenshots.

I already had problems in the past, so I think it’s nicer to warn people and save their time from the beginning, instead of having to ask for removal later.

I’m confident you can understand my point of view.

@HyperspaceMadness no problem having these screenshots in the mega bezel thread. Hope it’s the same for @TreyM, his works were quite an inspiration for my project!

5 Likes

sure i can understand it …sry then for the screens ? anyways keep up your work i love these commodore monitors ^^

2 Likes