Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

Yeah this is what is expected. The big difference with the hdr and sdr presets is that the hdr ones should avoid clipping and black crush in HDR. Although in practice the sdr ones look pretty good in HDR.

I think it’s likely that gamma is being added twice on the reflection area or something like that.

Anyway I’m confident I can find the bug and fix it up :grin:

4 Likes

Thanks, buddy. Been tinkering with those settings for an hour… cannot get the flicker effect I’m after when the screen is static, though everything else is perfect for crt-guest-advanced-ntsc.slangp.

Greatly appreciate the help!

2 Likes

The first one looks the best for me… :grin::v:

Found it, but how to enable/disable those presets? Should I open a single preset in notepad and edit some value?

You just simply load them through RA using the “Load Preset” option. Simply navigate to that folder and pick one.

There’s a new core coming to play Z9rk an I think most of the info com games, it might be integrated by Christmas.

Some info is here https://www.patreon.com/posts/64861123

In case anyone feels the urge to do something cool for it.

5 Likes

I will have to do something. :grin: Too bad we don’t have that %romname% token yet. I would love to do something with cover art for each game.

That SAMPO 9519 comes to mind immediately.

4 Likes

Something really cool things happened recently,

Atari 50th Anniversary Collection was released! :partying_face:

Rich Whitehouse released his new Standalone Jaguar Emulator named BigPEmu BigPEmu (richwhitehouse.com)

One super cool thing he did with this is add shader support and created a converter that he has made available to convert a slangp file into standard GLSL files and his shader stacking format. There is also a shadertoy template where you can copy and paste directly from shadertoy and see the effect.

BigPEmu (richwhitehouse.com)

He’s included some awesome shaders like @Hyllian’s, and has even done an additional conversion on the side of some presets including Royale and the Mega Bezel. And the thing that kind of blows my mind is that the conversion of the Mega Bezel WORKED! :exploding_head: So he actually had it running in his emulator.

So this also means that @guest.r’s great Guest Advanced can also now run in yet another place :wink:

If you’re lurking out there Rich, Congrats on the achievement of your new Emulator! :partying_face: and thanks for creating a way to run these great shaders from the community in it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

17 Likes

I messed with the RA Translator and got Duimon’s Graphic to display with the emulator. It must be saved as a seperate shader file with simple preset turned off.

4 Likes

everytime it flashes like this i fall more in love with this shader :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Seems like we need to be able to show reflection in more places, it would be nice to have it on the speaker panel & wings. Also bounceback on the room :grin:

6 Likes

that would be crazy ,was thinking to ask about if it would be possible to make the flashing overlay more elements but this would be even better , for sure :anguished:

2 Likes

Yeah, this stuff is definitely on my list, it would help for these sort of arcade graphics.

I think it would even help on standard graphics, because it feels artificial to not have any light from the screen not bounce back to illuminate the scene elements.

7 Likes

i like this idea very much , hmmm combined with the feature , to read game names for graphics , i could imagine that my plan with the console infront the tv could be come out very cool ^^ also other arcade system

you did awesome work man and every feature i could ask for besides 1 stupid you already had in mind :joy:

edit: for the light and reflection some kind of shadow mask would be nice so you could mark areas where no light has to be

2 Likes

Glass + mask? :thinking:

1 Like

I played this sonic port for the commodore 64, with this shader looks really good.:grin:

2 Likes

That would probably look amazing!

2 Likes

Stuff cookin in the HSM kitchen :slight_smile:

Jaguar snapshot with default shader:

Smoothed shader

Jaguar snapshot with default shader

Smoothed shader

Some Fixed/Updated presets coming in the examples package:

@MrRetroLust Space Invaders! Multi Layer

@MrRetroLust Black Tiger Multi Layer

Some fixes to the Fake Scanlines

SMOOTH-ADV preset with core sampling multiplier set to 600 and no-scanline mode on

Added Fake Scanlines at core res

Changed Scanline direction to vertical @Zombeaver

14 Likes

Hey guys… was searching around to see if anyone had done 2 and 3 screen presets (Ninja Warriors, Rastan 3, etc) when I found this conversation… was just wondering if anybody had finished working presets like this for a horizontal screen?

2 Likes

It looks amazing. It would be nice a slot mask default preset too. I love the way trinitron mask looks here…:grin:

3 Likes