My Realistic Arcade Bezels

Here is an Arcade Bezel for Pac-Mania that uses a Reflective Shader by @HyperSpaceMadness for Retroarch

9 Likes

Here is an Arcade Bezel for Gondomania that uses a Reflective Shader by @HyperSpaceMadness for Retroarch

7 Likes

Here is an Arcade Bezel for Aliens that uses the @HyperSpaceMadness shader for Retroarch

7 Likes

Here is an Arcade Bezel for Altered Beast that uses the @HyperSpaceMadness shader for Retroarch

9 Likes

Where would be the best place to download all these new bezels…

2 Likes

You may have to scroll up to the first post for that.

Can anyone here help me with these overlays in combination with HSM shaders?

I’ve been trying to set up these arcade bezels with the hsm shaders but I can’t get the shaders to load.

I know how to set up hsm shaders and have used the many times. HSM bezels are in the correct folder and work fine with many systems. However, when I copy OrionsAngel’s config and overlay files and launch a game, only the bezels automatically load, not the hsm shaders with the black reflection frame.

So the result is that I see the realistic arcade bezels without the hsm shaders. If I manually load the hsm shaders after launching the game, the shaders work.

EDIT:

I figured it out. As per the author of HSM bezels, the correct path is:

… \shaders\shaders_slang\bezel\Mega_Bezel\shaders\HyperspaceMadness

However, OrionsAngel’s slangp files refers to:

… shaders/shaders_slang/bezel/shaders/HyperspaceMadness

2 Likes

He is using a very old version of the shader. Given the path difference, they can probably coexist.

2 Likes

Just realized that the bezels still don’t auto load, even if I move them to the correct / incorrect folder. If you say that he’s using an outdated version of the shader, there might be some compatibility issues, right? Can you point me to a location where I could download the outdated version of the shader so I can test it?

1 Like

Take a look on the Mega Bezel thread, I think HSM has a link for the older version.

1 Like

I’ts quite possible I’m an idiot, but I can’t find a link to outdated versions of HSM shaders =/. I don’t know where / how to look for it.

1 Like

I think @Neofuuma put a link up from a while ago, but I’m not sure what version of the shader these presets were using.

But I really suggest getting the latest and adjusting the presets as needed.

The latest package has the caching included, so should be faster, and is more stable relative to future adjustments.

2 Likes

Yes, the version I had put up was from early September.

I may still have it up there, but I think @HyperspaceMadness is right, it truly would be a better option to use the latest version and adjust the presets

1 Like

When you say adjusting the presets, do you mean loading up every single game OrionsAngel has made presets for and manually loading the hsm shaders into them?

Not sure I really want to do that, haha. I might just stick to a default hsm arcade bezel. Looks good as well =)

4 Likes

I want to add your newest shaders, but the last time I attempted to do so it was a frustrating experience. It messed up all my settings. I’m not blaming your new shaders. I have so many consoles and specific settings that it conflicted with my setup. It’s complicated. I’ll try again I just haven’t had the time .

5 Likes

Yeah I can imagine, there was a lot of stuff which had changed since the version you had and the new version

3 Likes

When you get a chance you can probably work with us to help you transition your old presets to the new format. Most of us had to do the little teething and we got through so you can benefit from our experience. A few settings changed names, while a few might have changed behaviour/function/range. You and your users would definitely appreciate the performance boost from updating though.

You can use a batch editor like Notepad++ to speed up the process of renaming and replacing parameters significantly and it would be great to get your stuff ready in time for the 1.0 release!

1 Like

These are my updated OrionsAngel Overlays to work with the new shader. Thought i might put them on here incase anyone would like to use the as a starting block. Just extract the rar file into your Retroarch Dir https://www.mediafire.com/file/2sbva41a5xkl0ec/ArcadeBezelsOrionsAngelPart1.rar/file

6 Likes

I didn’t want to pressure you. I just really love your work and would like to use it. However, this doesn’t mean I’m expecting you to update them right away. I was just curious if I could make them work somehow with a little tweaking. it’s obvious that updating them is a lot of work. So take your time. I’m a patient fella =)

2 Likes

I’ve been editing the video for pack 2. So hopefully soon.

6 Likes