Neko Project II kai (PC-9801) core (different nekop2, meowPC98)

Yes. NP2kai can’t use FDD floppy image.
To use FDD image, we must convert other image type.:thinking:

I don’t have Mac, I’m frustrated that I cannot check it.
NP2kai’s mouse implementation isn’t included Mac specific code.
Libretro relaxes the difference in OS.

About touch screen.
I tried on Android phone. It works good.:grinning:
Then I think it’ll work on 3DS.
(However you said ‘very slow’.)

Downscaled resolution is more of a problem on 3DS than speed

1 Like

I’d be more than happy to help test mac if you need help.

1 Like

To matt, Tetsuya79.

I could use FDD image file.
I was confused. I’m sorry.

Those 3 games FDD image files, Tetsuya79 said, were 1.44MB type.
The standard floppy format with PC-98 is 1.25MB.

Senior NP2 developer told me that.
After a while, we will provide the fix.

Thanks.

1 Like

That’s great if you can support them too, thanks for the info.

The first/system disk for Harukanaru Augusta 遥かなるオーガスタ is also 1.4MB so that would explain it.

I added applying to 1.44MB FDD image code.
Please try next buildbot’s output core.

2 Likes

Is there a command prompt way of starting both a .hdi and .ccd file together? Got a few cd based games that I managed to get running together but every time I want to utilize the cd I have to manually load it through the menu then restart the core. I know that I can start 2 disk fdd based games at the same time by creating a cmd file and editing it with something like this as an example for the game Steam Hearts:

np2 “/sdcard/roms/NEC PC-9801/Steam Hearts (Disk A).hdm” “/sdcard/roms/NEC PC-9801/Steam Hearts (Disk B).hdm”

but I’m not sure how to launch the cd drive through cmd or if that’s even possible. I have the game Alone in the Dark 3 as an .hdi file along with its cd image and a ccd file. The ccd file is the only file that shows up as a selectable file when I open up the cd rom menu so I tried to create a cmd file such as:

np2 “/sdcard/roms/NEC PC-9801/Alone in the Dark 3.hdi” “/sdcard/roms/NEC PC-9801/Alone in the Dark 3.ccd”

but that method doesn’t start both the cd and the game, just the game alone. Is there a way to launch a game along with its cd?

Is there a command prompt way of starting both a .hdi and .ccd file together?

Nothing on libretro.
Because, ‘one game is one ROM file’ interfaces is base on libretro.
Interfaces of libretro is mainly for consumer game machine.

PC machines have many slots(drives).
ROM files have to be set to correct slots.
libretro doesn’t provide ‘one game is many ROM files’ interface.
There is inconvenience on NP2kai and maybe DosBox libretro core.

edit: I added select CD-ROM to command line.
However this function will not be used on libretro.

Ah I see. Well I can still load up a cd through the menu after I start the game so it’s not too much of a big deal.

Is anyone experiencing this problem here? Some games will gave me a double or even triple screen and sometimes make everything look blurry and in this case zoomed in. Here’s an example

That’s suppose to be a tittle screen for the game Block Quest V. It’s suppose to look like this:

(found this pic on the web)

I’m running this off an S7 if that counts for anything.

Edit: Just tested on stand alone version on a PC and everything works the way it should. Maybe it’s just this phone. I have all Retroarch settings set to default using the latest nightly and I just updated the core info files and then the core but I still get that blurry image

tried the game here and it looks ok here (on ubuntu 16.04):

Yeah it’s most likely just a problem on my end. Got the game to work on both the stand alone version and then on my Shield TV with the latest core with no problems. Not too much of a big deal as I just use the s7 to test games out with

Then I think cfg files locate different as possible. But 2 cfg files are almost same, probably these can use commonly.

I have a new problem. directory—core, change the core’s directory, and put the core’s file in a new directory, but core doen’t work! Please help me.

Is your settings in RetroArch’s ‘Settings’ -> ‘Directory’ is correctry?

The override and remaps not getting applied when loading a game directly (= outside of a playlist) problem has been solved (thanks to Radius).

All cores that can start without loading content should detect them fine now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey All,

Wanted to get feedback on a couple of changes I was considering. First, I’m getting sick of having to create different System folders or editing configs in order to enable the dip switch 2.5mhz compatibility mode (needed for Rusty and I think some of the Touhou games). Looking at the source it seems like it might be trivial to add a core option to enable/disable it, the only downside is that it will override any other dip switch settings you may have made.

So, first question is. Is anybody using the dip switch settings for anything other than compatibility mode?

Then, would it be better to make a “Touhou compatibility mode” core option for just that, or to break out all the dip switch settings into their own options (which is conceptually the best though most people don’t know what the dip switches do and only copy the 3e f3 6b value for compatibility mode, so individual dipswitches might be more confusing)

See here for reference: http://island.geocities.jp/cklouch/column/pc98bas/pc98dipmenu_en.htm

Second, there are some core option conflicts between the stock np2 core and np2k (specifically clock multiplier and memory) so I was thinking of moving np2k options into their own namespace (“np2k_model” etc). Is there any reason (or preference) to leave them as is?

As for question number 1 I say definitely add the option, would make things a bit easier to dip switch when coming across games that need the switch. I’ve tested about 600 different games so far (I plan to test every official released title) and only a few needed me to change the dip switch so it may not mean much to some people that play just a few games that don’t need the switch but it would still be nice to have that as an option, already made dip settings can then just be reconfiged that’s all. For individual switches can’t a short detail be added nest to each switch saying that it does? That should help with some confusion I believe.

For question 2 I can’t say as I’ve moved on from the stock version to exclusively using kai, but if it’s causing conflicts then sure why not move them to their own namespace.

For individual switches can’t a short detail be added nest to each switch saying that it does?

I think so too.
I think that it should be able to be executed in the same procedure as the actual machine of PC-98.
If other procedures are added, it will be nested.
However, if safety and comfort can be provided, I agree to implement it.

I do not consider compatibility with other NP2.
NP2kai should be used exclusively with other NP2.