New CRT shader from Guest + CRT Guest Advanced updates

Mask 12 is RRGGBBX, so it uses 7 pixels.

Here, use this post as reference. Note that old mask 12 doesn’t exist anymore, so 13 is now 12.

2 Likes

I tried mask 10 RGB size 2 width of 8 height 4. I like it better than BGR. here is an example. What do you think? I like it better now…

2 Likes

What do you think of a RRYGCBB mask? Saw it mentioned among the masks in include/subpixel_masks.h and decided to try adding it to Sony Megatron to see how it looked, and it’s quite nice! Same TVL as Mask 12, but brighter, so it’s kind of like a lower TVL version of Mask 11.

Here’s the subpixel structure: RxxRxxRGxxGxxGBxxBxxB

2 Likes

It was something crazy like this I was thinking might be a good match for weird OLED subpixel structures as a possible step up from the B&W masks.

1 Like

Yes, check out the Sony Megatron shader thread, where the shader photos are indistinguishable from the real thing.

GDV has slightly different goals, it’s not focused as much on pure accuracy.

2 Likes

Take a look at these:

1 Like

Can’t find that thread. Can you please post the link? Just want to check it out. Thanks😃

added a link to my previous post

Ok. I’ll check it out. Thanks a lot :grin::ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

Ok. I’ll check this out too… thanks :grin::+1:

1 Like

Much Much Better now. I’m starting to love this shader more and more

. Now looks more like my Sanyo CRT with black gaps and separation between Sub Pixels. :grin:

4 Likes

Looks great! What mask and settings is that?

3 Likes

It’s mask 10 all at full strength. The only thing is how to bright it up without losing detail on black gaps… Now is with 5 of halation, 5 mask bloom. I lowered down blur sigma. and this is with the CRT guest advanced.

4 Likes

Nice, I love that more people are going for the Slot Mask look, best mask to me. I was messing around with that mask bloom setting last night and I noticed simply raising it to 0.05 gives a nice boost in overall brightness. I might put out a new shader preset pack with that setting included.

4 Likes

Also to mention I like the HD version better, it’s brightier, the problem is, it has got artifacts in the mask, Also is more noteciable in sega saturn kronos and yabashanshiro cores…

2 Likes

I’ve tried every mask. And slot mask, looks better for me too. I just love the way it looks… For me this shader is the best. I tried every shader in retroarch, and for me is the more accurate and close for what I’m looking for…:grin:

5 Likes

I feel the same exact way, it use to be the crt-royale variants but then guest advanced came and dethroned it with ease. I hardly used it in pure 4k mode, just a few times. Either way it looks amazing. I’ll use this shader as long as RetroArch exists

4 Likes

I use it in 4k, It looks way better. Before I used this shader, I liked crt geom, It was my favourite. After using this one, I’m not going back. And now more, every time is getting better and better with more options… I hope HD version can fix the artifacting bug… looks even brighter and crispier…

3 Likes

Now that you mention it I haven’t touched that hd version yet, I’m in love with the ntsc version especially after all those new sharpness settings got added in, that changed the game and allowed for crisper looking ntsc shader presets. I’ll look into that hd version though and see what it’s about

3 Likes

I’ve tried the ntsc version. But I think the HD version looks better and even the colours. Maybe I’m wrong. I’ll give it another try, because I haven’t “played” enough with all settings like the HD and advanced ones…

2 Likes