New CRT shader from Guest + CRT Guest Advanced updates

Yeah, good point, i think i managed to fix it now.

2 Likes

New Release Version (2022-10-28-r1):

Notable changes:

• Double internal resolution support added (i.e. 224.0 -> 448.0), replaces 240p, which can be respectively achieved with further internal resolution dividers.
  • Edit: feature fix, other small fixes

Download link:

https://mega.nz/file/o8BzWSTS#pj2v_NFOjhzihXnFhmrByd5-SCpS7xyX7szDUyfIoU4

10 Likes

An example of the new feature:

Looks really nice with very low resolution games.

9 Likes

It’s still a bit blurry, but this is probably because of the non-doubled X resolution. So this can’t quite replace core-side pre-scaling, at least for the VGA monitor case.

2 Likes

There are definitely a couple of cores I will use this feature with.

2 Likes

Nice feature,tested on Prboom and Vitaquake2 and this works well.

2 Likes

New Release Version (2022-10-29-r1):

Notable changes:

• Double internal resolution support added (i.e. 224.0 -> 448.0), replaces 240p, which can be respectively achieved with further internal resolution dividers.
  • New release: vertical sampling for doubled scanlines “fixed” for pre-scalers like xBR for a very nice AA effect.

Download link:

https://mega.nz/file/g840jaqY#ENBOyxpSbgjmpinjnR6MFsgYdJj6Q54iAZdBGmRs-YY

9 Likes

I love your shaders and use it on almost all my systems.

However, on my handheld (AYN Odin) I can only use “fastest” or I get choppy fps. Fastest still gives me 60fps so thats super nice.

BUT, is it possible to get the “Internal resolution Y” also on the “fastest” one or is that not possible? (why I ask is even PS runs at 60fps at 5x with fastest, but even “fast” drops fps to 40 for me so I basically cannot use any filter since it almost doesnt even show in that resolution and I relly need that setting)

Q2: What do you use on Naomi and the likes that doesnt run on Vulkan? Is there a non-slang version?

1 Like

New Release Version (2022-10-29-r2):

Notable changes:

• New release: vertical sampling for doubled scanlines “fixed” for pre-scalers like xBR for a very nice AA effect.
  • New release 2: internal resolution feature added to fastest version

Download link:

https://mega.nz/file/pkIWBZwa#KxTca7WLKBD1rJebVrsaP4tkTPITD6G0ohD7w41fsjQ

10 Likes

Hey there. I added the internal resolution option to the fastest version, but only to a 3x or glitches might happen. I guess it’s a good deal nevertheless.

In general the fastest version is tricky to modify sometimes and i don’t want to slow it down too much, but it’s got most of the features.

Slang shaders can be used with opengl (glcore driver), vulkan and DX11-12 drivers, should cover a vast majority of the cores. But there are still very nice (older) opengl shaders for the gl driver if the situation requires it.

Anyway, thanks for using the shaders and a good suggestion. :smiley:

1 Like

sat = "0.000000"
CP = "-1.000000"
GAMMA_INPUT = "2.200000"
interm = "0.000000"
SIZEHB = "0.050000"
SIGMA_HB = "0.050000"
SIZEVB = "0.050000"
SIGMA_VB = "0.050000"
bloom = "0.970000"
brightboost = "2.900000"
brightboost1 = "1.000000"
gsl = "-1.000000"
scanline1 = "20.000000"
scanline2 = "70.000000"
beam_min = "3.200000"
beam_max = "0.800000"
beam_size = "1.000000"
scans = "0.500000"
scan_falloff = "0.250000"
spike = "0.700000"
scangamma = "2.200000"
h_sharp = "12.300000"
s_sharp = "0.300000"
ei_limit = "0.000000"
sth = "0.000000"
shadowMask = "5.000000"
maskstr = "1.000000"
mcut = "2.000000"
maskDark = "0.000000"
maskLight = "1.000000"
mask_gamma = "5.000000"
mclip = "0.000000"
gamma_out = "2.200000"
5 Likes

Wow, this is so super nice of you, thanks alot! I also very much apreciate the saturation, lightness and sharpness settings since I can get the colors as I want them. Really nice option-menu aswell.

My handheld runs the Android Retroarch 64-bit and it only has gl or vulcan.

But I will use another shader no problem, just thought if there was a smart way to do it. The CRT Royal is alright and pretty fast. And its only a coupple systems that cant run vulcan so no biggie.

1 Like

New Release Version (2022-11-02-r1):

Notable changes:

• Performance optimizations, up to 10% speed boost
  • Compatibility mode added to fastest version, should now work with D3D drivers
  • Release 2:
  • Substractive options added to bloom passes for better shaping of bloom and halation effect
  • Stronger filtering mode with interlaced mode implemented (standard, fast versions)
  • Release 11-02-2022:
  • With help of @Hyllian i was able to fix a driver related bug in the HD and possibly NTSC versions, which involved filtering artifacts. Should look much more consistent now, possibly with nVidia adapters.

Download link:

https://mega.nz/file/xt4SHTTJ#9U3mJVBfwu24Th-plN2_mpFtSHXvgsdWC4-wTj8UBhU

23 Likes

Would it be possible to add the Mask Stagger feature to the Reshade port CRT-Guest-Advanced? Just a shot in the dark since I’m not sure if you have any interest in Reshade. I would attempt it myself if I knew anything about programming.

3 Likes

Hey there, i have added new mask options to the reshade port. Some masks have to be re-configured, but it should work out nicely.

New options are:

• crt masks 8-12
  • crt mask shift / stagger
  • crt mask layout
  • crt mask boost

The download is in the top post in this thread. :smiley:

16 Likes

Absolutely godlike. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello can you share your complete settings with all parameters configured for the last release? i.e: mask ,bloom, halation, curvature, etc… without xBR effect. For 1080p Arcade (crt-guest-advanced shader) and Consoles (NTSC shader). Thanks.

1 Like

Currently my presets are a bit of a mess, mostly for testing new features purposes. But i can give you some advice if you are tweaking a configuration by yourself. The mask is very important, so you should decide which mask you want and with or without slotmask.

3 Likes

This might be tad “heretical” but in my expreince slotmask doesn’t really do anything “for” the image per se. In practice it strikes me as just another brightness setting… that requires integer scaling.

1 Like

This really depends. I’m getting very nice slotmask setups even with 1440p and 2x slotmask height. You can get these even with 1080p with “laced” modes. But, not to forget, width must match the regular mask width and scanlines arent to be too aggressive. @Cyber and @sonkun have very nice slotmask presets, you should check them out.

3 Likes