P3st´s Overlays for Mega Bezel Shader (Arcade,TV´s ,and more)

so the zoomed and normal variatons are done with the extra reflection at least all “night” variations :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What about stretching the bezel width so that the corner highlights show on the outer reflection aswell. Looks like you’d be able to keep the same corner angle :beers:

is a nice idea i tested it …it looks strange its way to bright and looks out of place …if i do that via the normel reflection fade the outer reflection is to bright and , if i just add to the corner highlight its a very harsh contrast ^^

1 Like

Ah fair play m8 :+1:, just a thought :metal:

1 Like

and the bezel is already stretched to said point, behind the masking stuff and images :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Oh yeah of course otherwise there’d be no reflection… oops! i should’ve said stretch the corner highlight not the bezel width (my bad). I knew what I meant lol :metal::metal:

1 Like

it´s all a bit trickery to make that kind of extra reflection/light make look good. blur it a lot have it unsharp and just the small amount on this is perfect and yeah the case and bezel of this tv is amazing for this …

i tried this method first on the iside of the wings from an arcade cab…it looks so out of place also tried the speaker panel …same it just to far away and to noticiable that the reflection dont changes in rotation/degress :laughing:

1 Like

Looking awesome anyway m8, ignore my ramblings :grinning:

1 Like

its all okay just saying what i tried ^^

1 Like

I’m curious, are you able to use the split feature to have the TV surround scale with the tube aspect ratio automatically? Or is it two separate images for 4:3 & 16:9?

2 Likes

oh this are two images the widescreen overlay is maybe 2 weeks older than the split feature …when i not completly wrong …or i just find out about it late ?? :thinking: :sweat_smile:

but the split featur is used on almost all my arcade overlays …its so good for this

now where you said , i wonder how this would look …

3 Likes

Is the split feature to do with the scale x option?

I have been meaning to mess with this dual bezel setup some more. We should be able to fade the reflection and not the corner highlight, so you can see the highlight on the second bezel but only a small amount of the reflection.

1 Like

Yes, and you can preserve the center part and/or repeat the midway section. @TheNamec is using the feature in his pack, and I am using it in my PVM20 presets.

1 Like

yeah …and than i have to make the cornes point all the same way …what they dont do ont the original tv/ this overlay ^^ its tricky with this method but …the space from the second bezel is so minnimal and with the glassfront infront the tube …i thinkt this is how this one should look :upside_down_face:

and if you stretch out the bezezel to far for the “second” bezel that we “cheat this way” the reflection is off from the directional viewpoint i just use this effect cuz it´s fits so well with this overlay

yeah thats why all my arcade overlays share one devive graphic ,you can “stretch” the device without things like the speaker get stretched

2 Likes

It might also be possible to make the corners stand out a bit more by changing the bezel shading, and not need the corner highlight.

I have only made the one attempt, but plan on exploring it more.

1 Like

we will see how much further my tv overlays can evovle in the future^^ i already made a small list with ideas , for overlays for future features we already talked about and now for …how can i cheat this xD

1 Like

Ah… I think I should have been using this all along. :thinking:

edit Ok, I see how it works… it would be good for any “solid” image that you couldn’t tell was splitting apart. I do use the split x liberally and I can see how that would be handy sometimes.

2 Likes

With the preserve center and repeat mid section, all it takes is some intentional design, not necessarily a “solid” image.

I plan on doing a small bit of work on my Naomi graphics so I can use this to fix the cabinet aspect ratio. It has been broken from the beginning due to the camera angle on my original raster rendering.

1 Like