P3st´s Overlays for Mega Bezel Shader (Arcade,TV´s ,and more)

Love that 80’s Retroarch logo… killin’ it. :+1:

1 Like

the logo itself is a pixelated version of the r/retroarch logo with some color changes , nothing more …it fits nicley to the whole nes/famicom boot-animation i made

1 Like

I love the loading animation with the little animated invader

2 Likes

its the retroarch mascot (kinda xD) and its better as a loading bar , most loading bars i seen in bigbox are to soon at max , dont reach max or looping

1 Like

Shaping up to be an excellent showcase of what the MegaBezel can do!! I love it!!

1 Like

Without this shader it would be way way harder to create such a theme the tools/settings it has …

i used a lot of this shader-trickery to made this out of screenshots and captures with different settings on and off , also it helped me so much to create the masks

the only stuff i was missing was some sort of way to load/control everything up without any differnt screens/designs/Blackscreen :grin:

and to get the reflection in bigbox via some videos and a bit masking looked way better at the end as i thought

2 Likes

When you are finished, you should post it over at the Launchbox forums as a theme too… you will drop some jaws over there.

4 Likes

Yeah i thought so alone to make some advertising for the shader etc. :smiley:

4 Likes

its done …release will be over the weekend :smiley:

7 Likes

Awesome stuff m8! Retro maximus!

1 Like

NEW UPDATE including the BigBox Theme

I plan for the next version to make a lot of reorg stuff.

and because of this and the big box theme, this update is Standalone

You can just copy it over my old version or use it on its own.

https://mega.nz/folder/gjckTLhY#ZjMEQ75N9JEVOd0xcFrB4A

changes

Improved some settings in the TV presets

added “Auto” presets (uses the wildcard feature)

This will change the tv/monitor on its own.

shows the system via channel lcd or monitor batch

adds cropping , lightgun border and various fixes automatic

all of this depends on game name/system/rom folder structure.

added presets for the VIRTUA CRT THEME (same as Auto but keeps the chosen TV style and aspect)

Wood

Silver

both have also an alternative set of presets without the flicker effect and disabled GTU

no GTU

GTU

i will upload the theme in the lauchbox forum in a few days today i am more busy than usual ^^

whats next?

make all presets use the wildcard feature

reorganize the folder structure

Redo the Arcade overlays (when the new MBZ lighting feature arrives^^)

add more overlays to the Auto presets

6 Likes

found an little tool that let you change the settings of the super game boy …so it loads the correct control setting A at launch - add gb original or own pallete and as on this pic can bring back the original sgb 1 border for the sgb2 (it loads after the sgb2 boot border)

it works flawless with Mesen-S

just copy the patched rom as SGB1.sfc or SGB2.sfc into retroarchs system folder

3 Likes

:heart:

5 Likes

Awesome stuff m8! Well deserved :muscle:

4 Likes

maybe , its still a bit weird too me to see and realize that folks like my stuff :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I watched the video and couldn’t wait to implement the arcade stuff. I have searched through the thread here, but I can’t get pats the fact that Final Burn Neo rotates the play field and the bezel 90 degrees. I have figured out how to rotate the play field in the shader settings, but nothing I do seems to rotate the bezel. All I could think to do is to mess with the Vertical mode in the core settings, but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a specific step-by-step on how to fix this? I have messed with the aspect ratio settings that @Duimon posted, but maybe I am doing something wrong.

1 Like

Check out the installation instructions in the first post of the Mega Bezel thread, the issues you are running into should be solved by following that setup.

This due to a Retroarch “core” option, (Settings>>>Core) not an internal “core option”. (Quick Menu>>>Core Options)

Read the install instructions from the Mega Bezel thread carefully,

Good luck!

Yep @HyperspaceMadness and @Duimon. I already had Mega Bezels and the Duimon presets working. The step that I missed was…

This due to a Retroarch “core” option, (Settings>>>Core) not an internal “core option”. (Quick Menu>>>Core Options)

I think this looks the way it does now because I use an ultrawide :man_shrugging:

As usual, I appreciate the help!!!

3 Likes

This is what I ended up with a widescreen for now.

3 Likes