Please show off what crt shaders can do!

New release: crt-royale-1080p-v10

• Adds a NTSC preset.

10 Likes

Lol damn that was fast. Good stuff I’ll give this a spin soon.

Emulation has come a long way. *Sniffs", I could only imagine the next 5 years.

1 Like

a question, what exactly is crt-royale?

It’s a complex crt shader for Retroarch released in 2014 by TroggleMonkey that pushed the envelope in crt shader development presenting many new features at the time.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Speedball2 makes me really think of the old 1084s, congrats!

1 Like

That’s hatari (Atari ST) running crt-cyclon on an old xiaomi note 3 pro :sunglasses: (pipe dream too) I am doing most tests lately there. Graphics are pretty similar in most bitmap brothers games ST/Amiga

1 Like

Yeah, considering Bitmap Brothers never used dual playfield features and have always used low framerates, i guess Atari ST had no trouble in reaching Amiga performances in their games. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah but still ST is struggling with scrolling lol. Nevertheless it was a serious upgrade from 8 bits, it has some excellent games like Rainbow islands, Switchblade, Roland, Batman etc.

1 Like

5 Likes

Taking another stab at the new modified crt-royale by @Hyllian using his latest crt-royale-1080p-v10 pack.

This time I’ve included presets for ntsc-composite, 4k presets and 3 different masks.

Slot Mask:

Aperture Grille:

And Shadow Mask:

I didn’t include 1440p presets because I don’t know the exact values to use on the “Mask - Triad Size Desired” setting, maybe someone with a 1440p display can test it out, the value I assume would have to be in between 3.00 and 5.00.

In any case place presets right into your shader folder to use.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ysj0fzpjhlht0p0/sonkun-crt-royale-v10.zip/file

Edit: I thought I put the download at the bottom the first time I posted, sorry sorry lol.

7 Likes

8 Likes

Went for that 1084S look

shaders = "1"
shader0 = "shaders_glsl/crt/shaders/crt-Cyclon.glsl"
filter_linear0 = "true"
wrap_mode0 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input0 = "false"
alias0 = ""
float_framebuffer0 = "false"
srgb_framebuffer0 = "false"
SCANLINE = "0.300000"
M_TYPE = "1.000000"
SLOT = "1.000000"
SLOTW = "3.000000"
C_STR = "0.300000"
CONV_R = "0.200000"
CONV_B = "-0.100000"
c_space = "2.000000"
SATURATION = "1.050000"
RG = "0.020000"
RB = "0.050000"
GB = "0.080000"
10 Likes

6 Likes

The good old Wing Commander, CD32 Version, savestates are a godsend, maybe I will finally finish it.

11 Likes

Convergence vs Deconvergence, which one do you like better?

3 Likes

The second one for me.

1 Like

They pretty much look the same to me

1 Like

Well, they slightly different, it’s about the color deconvergence, in the top one the scanlines look a bit stronger. I think the bottom one looks better to me. But I like others opinion. Thanks.