Please show off what crt shaders can do!

I took a look and tried to download this repo and I get an empty folder…

3 Likes

I have updated my Reshade github repository with some shaders which allow nice mask and other effects.

The 2xScaler can be used for aa-smoothing, but will probably add a simpler and faster shader.

Example:

6 Likes

Oops. Should be all set now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@guest.r Thank you for the 2xScaler shader. Now my VHS shader doesn’t need to be blurry as shit to hide low res textures!

VHS Shader (with 2xScaler) :

VHS Shader (Old) :

RAW (No shaders) :

Any interest in making a 4x or even a 8x version? Will they look any better than the 2x version?

5 Likes

Lol it’s been a while with these shaders, i’ve probably meant “2d” instead of “2x”. The kernel itself is arbitrary though and doesn’t require a specific rendering ‘multiplier’.

3 Likes

im sad most of those great shaders are based of ntsc svideo or composite.

i think rgb scart with pal and secam need some love.

Wow, this is a great improvement!

Is this in slang? Or Reshade? Or Both?

4 Likes

Thanks. My VHS Shader is ReShade only. I’m not sure RetroArch has all the shaders I use for this effect.

Oh, and if you were asking about the 2xScaler (or 2dScaler) you’ll have to ask @guest.r for it.

3 Likes

The NTSC/PAL effects are currently back in vogue but are thankfully quite self-contained. Just replace those passes with the ‘stock’ shader.

2 Likes

Looks funtastic!

Now that we’re all in the same room, I wonder how difficult it would be to see HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader and CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack ported to ReShade since CRT-Guest-Advanced has already been ported?

3 Likes

i do not understand sorry

Presenting CyberLab Wii Slot Mask!

Note: You have to load full resolution, then open in new tab or window, zoom in or view fullscreen in order for these to look correct because of the mask and scanline settings.

4 Likes

Man, I loved playing this game at release day. I had since forgotten about it. I think I’ll try to give it another go. I never had luck with the dolphin core in retroarch, though. :blush::thought_balloon::sailboat::palm_tree:

2 Likes

Definitely give it another go. I don’t know why but it was pretty easy for me to get it working, didn’t have to do anything special. I think it could be due to the new option to Download Core System Files.

1 Like

What I think he’s trying to say is that the NTSC aspects of the shaders are separate so if you wanted to have an RGB or SECAM look or experience, you can simply omit or turn off the NTSC stuff and just replace them with Stock or alternative shaders.

So in other words, if you have a shader with NTSC effects enabled, it will also contain an RGB/SECAM shader as a basis.

1 Like

the thing is, it does not, crt glow or crt royale doesn’t . there is a special version of crt royale pal but it is only for nes pal composite

. and not rgb. i tryed to make sonic adventure like in my tv but the colors are not as vivid i think.

1 Like

This is the 1080p Optimized version of CyberLab Wii Slot Mask.

3 Likes

Are you trying to use those shaders with out of the box settings?

Perhaps you might want to give my Shader Preset Pack a try?

You can even try my newest CyberLab Wii Slot Mask preset.

Or even the Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor Shader.

Or last but not least, The Guest Advance 100% Mask Strength presets.

1 Like

Just sharing these for those who like to see how CRT Shaders look on various TVs.

1 Like

Finally got the quality I like.

Release: crt-hyllian-22-06-17 - slang.zip**

To use it you need to get the latest subpixel_mask.h available on Retroarch slang shaders repository.

If you find it too dark or too clear, change Beam Profile param to your like. **

Some screens with different presets included:

Gallery with other screenshots here: https://imgbox.com/gallery/edit/hEyKHRdaMc/ViLwLKPFEMamjTwu?#

16 Likes