Please show off what crt shaders can do!

You guys are obsessed in a good kind of way. :smile:

3 Likes

Looks interesting. I’m stuck on which direction I want to take the look of my presets. I think I’ll sit back and wait for you to release your next pack with these new changes before I start diving in, tweaking can literally absorb hours out of one’s day lol. When you say “changes in the code” does that mean a possibility of breaking presets? If so I don’t mind if it’s to see this shader evolve.

@Drybonz I admit I’m an addict lol. The moment you tweak one setting it might affect another so then you tweak that setting which then might affect something else, next thing you know you’re turning and twisting knobs up and down the shader lol.

2 Likes

About gamma controls in shaders, I’ve noticed most of them has, by default, gamma input on 2.0 (or 2.2) and gamma output in 1.8 (or 2.0). Basically, the difference between input and output being 0.2. I’d like to ask: as long as the delta value is still the same, will there be any change for different values? I tested something like input with 3.2 and output with 3.0, and everything looks the same. I only notice differences if I go extremely low or high.

It looks much better in person than viewing it on my phone

7 Likes

Trying something new with guest-advanced…

13 Likes

reminds me of scalefx9-aa-blur-hazy-ntsc-sh1nra358 (in presets) and similar. I like the idea of it being clean but bloomy

1 Like

This is definitely new, like c9f5fdda06 said it has the scalefx blur haze look to it. Interested in seeing how this develops.

1 Like

Here is a “normal” screenshot. I guess hal+ got more refined compared with the last release version.

9 Likes

You’re really embracing the glow/halation side of things with all of this. Take your time fine tuning things, I’ll be around to test all of this all out soon as it’s released.

2 Likes

Such a beautiful game

8 Likes

CRT-Guest-NTSC ReShade -

12 Likes

9 Likes

11 Likes

Hi! Would you share this preset?

Nothing tricky, “simple_color_controls” and then “fake_lottes” mask 2. Some parameters missing from crt-shader like saturation, boost bright/dark etc increased. Just to show the modular shader approach possibilities. With a mask coarse such as this most details gone so even bilinear is ok.

2 Likes

(CRT-Guest-HD + VHS) ReShade -

RAW -

9 Likes

3 Likes

New preset with aperture grill and smart scanlines from guest’s advance for internally upscaled content.

in this case: PS1 using Swanstation @1080 internal res, no in-core downsampling.

Left: new preset, center slotmast with no scans, right raw

100% zoom

300% zoom,

5 Likes

HTC one m7, not so good on float precision. Scanlines a bit off in reality on its screen. CRT Lotte’s “mini” glsl, solid 60fps

4 Likes

Still (re)playing Dune 1 (PUAE because the great Amiga Soundtrack)

Yes, I’m completely in Dune mood, currently enjoying Dune 2 too (the first RTS ever), via DuneDynasty engine; too bad there is no opendune core for Retroarch.

8 Likes