Please show off your Handheld Shaders (GB, GBC, ETC.)

Oops forgot to include that. It is crt-guess as mentioned above.

1 Like

I find the default gb shader to be the best. I just vhanged the background image to a cleaner one because the default had some scratches that bothered me.

2 Likes

Gema, is the default GB shader the one from Tatsuya’s handheld shaders pack?

If it’s not, whats the name of it?

It’s handheld/gameboy. That is, not handheld/console-border/whatever

2 Likes

As always; THANK YOU.

Another set of shaders that I like. These are from the handheld pack. The borders are part of the shader.

4 Likes

I’m really digging those GBC screenies, is the border shader doing the grid overlay, or is it another shader in that chain?

One shader does everything. Borders, grid, scaling.

1 Like

I love the border shaders that do it all, though I still don’t understand why the author decided that the border image has to have that glass glare on the upper right corner. We got glare on the real consoles as a necessity, not because we liked it!

At least other stuff that seems unnecessary like low pixel response time can be turned off, but for the border background image you have to use an image editor to get rid of the glare.

@Arviel Those look reaaally cool indeed!

Personally I like using the “console-borders” shaders for handheld, like “gba-4x” or “gba-lcd-grid-V2-4x” for instance. I try to get the real authenticity !

Here are a few screenshots using jdgleaver’s simpletex_lcd handheld shader. The second screenshot is using crt_lottes to show the comparison between the two. I like the look of them both, but mainly use simpletex_lcd with a clean background rather than the default textured background.

2 Likes

Gambatte custom palette + custom grid overlay + Lut for adjusting levels and colors + Reshade for additionnal eye candy effects (blur, bloom, Chromatic Aberration)

12 Likes

Wow, look like a screen with glass. Is that a specific effect or the combination of all you listed?

It’s reshade prism effect that creates chromatic aberration in borders. I like to abuse of this even with some other cores :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, I gonna try later.

Really digging the screen effect.

For gba I often used dot.cg

2 Likes

Hi! I haven’t found a shader that does what I’m looking for (maybe there is) so I’ve been experimenting with what can be done with an overlay. The downside of this approach is that it has to be designed for a specific background color for it to look as intended.

Note: hacked together from assets from the shader pack, credit where credit is due.

1 Like

This isn’t mine, but I thought it looked really cool. It’s a GBC shader emulating the look of the Dot Matrix display on the original Game Boy.

7 Likes

That’s precisely what I’ve been wanting for basically forever! Where’d you find it?