Shader Preset Wildcards

Thanks fella :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So if I save this as PNG and use it an overlay I will get what you showed up above?

1 Like

Here they are as seperate png files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_vJIjR__f0Q_z9K5U-8wqPA_w6qIvCYY?usp=share_link

1 Like

I did some tests:

Hereā€™s what it looks like as an overlay

Hereā€™s what it looks like with the original image and the matte set to No Matte HSM_BG_SOURCE_MATTE_TYPE = 2

Hereā€™s what it looks like with the 1% black image and the matte set to No Matte HSM_BG_SOURCE_MATTE_TYPE = 2 (Looks exactly the same as with the original image)

Hereā€™s what it looks like with matte set to Black HSM_BG_SOURCE_MATTE_TYPE = 0

So it looks like if you set it to No Matte you will get something which looks similar to the overlay brightness on the glass reflection, so:

HSM_BG_BLEND_MODE = 1
HSM_BG_SOURCE_MATTE_TYPE = 2

Although it doesnā€™t look exactly the same, I should look into what might be different than what the overlay is doing.

3 Likes

Ok thanks for taking the time to test this, iā€™ve had my base params set like this also when i was messing about with it.

On both the original overlay and the 1% black version iā€™ve noticed that when the screen is black or dark the png looks good.

When the screen brightens up parts of the transparent section of the overlay disappear (including the drop shadow on the inside of the overlay cutout), i especially focus on the scratch which is located top/middle of the glass.

Ok well with this in mind Iā€™ll most likely go down the regular overlay route for now. Iā€™ll just copy the slang files from a similar overlay etcā€¦

If you want can still use the placement image if you want it to place/scale the screen, and use the wildcards for that to avoid having to have use overrides on the video custom aspect ratio.

If you are using overlays you can probably change the retroarch video aspect ratio to core provided to improve performance.

Keep in mind though if you are using overlays that when I add additional lighting stuff to the whole viewport it will not affect the overlayā€¦

1 Like

I used the MegaBezel only for the size and placement. No more custom aspect stuff, Iā€™ve not tried the placement image yet so Iā€™ll definitely have a look at that.

Now youā€™ve said that about the upcoming lighting features Iā€™m kinda tempted to stop what Iā€™m doing for now lol!

1 Like

How does the core provided option differ from the ā€˜fullā€™ option in terms of performance?

Short answer is its significantly faster.

But you can only use core provided if you are using an overlay.

This is because core provided will leave black gaps at the sides of the screen. When you have an overlay it covers these areas so you donā€™t see them.

1 Like

Iā€™ll try that thanks fella, Iā€™ll be glad of the performance boost tbh as Iā€™m using the adv preset!!