Sony TV Trinitron KV-M1420B

I’ll try to submit it next week…

3 Likes

Great job, man. Looking forward to it!

Thanks a lot! I like to share my developments …

1 Like

Done! :slightly_smiling_face: legacy GLSL code is available for desktops and embedded devices. I created a pull request Here

3 Likes

I downloaded it right away. Thank you for porting a great shaders to GLSL!

You’re welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Your feedbacks are welcomed. It may help me to improve my work.

As you can see, I added one preset for slow GPU in CRT GLSL shader directory. (It is not present in SLANG repository because modern hardware supports easily my shader computations) If you experienced poor performances, it can help as it use hardware bilinear interpolation instead of Jinc2 custom program. Jinc2 is high quality scaling/sampling algorithm which minimizes moire effect with this kind of images. So by using “-fast” variant of shader, you may obtains moire. If moire occurs, you can fight it by changing final output resolution (in “video” section of RetroArch menu)

Enjoy!

1 Like

Nice shader. Is it possible to add a parameter option to turn the curvature feature off?

Yes it is possible to turn off this feature, but it is not the goal of this kind of filter. I want to mimic real known TV models. For now, I try to fit the KV-M1420B rendering. The KV-M1420B looks like this:

If people wants, I can create a new filter which mimic the Sony Trinitron KV-21CL10B. This CRT TV is flat, and so, do not present curvature. The KV-21CL10B TV looks like that:

If people adds “like” :hearts: to this message, It will encourage me to implements the “crt-yo6-KV-21CL10B.slangp” and “crt-yo6-KV-21CL10B.glslp”. It is a long process …

21 Likes

That flat Sony Trinitron KV-21CL10B shader actually sounds like a great idea. The more crt shaders to choose from the better I say. I’ll start off with the first like then.

Your shaders is also great for Play! Core (PS2 emulator). it is really amazing. I also think KV-21CL10B shader that is modeled after a flat is greatest idea.

Thanks a lot! I also use it for gaming (mainly :slight_smile:)

Sometimes I use it for watching TV with FFMpeg core. Especially, I watch oldskool videos previously broadcasted in SD format (PAL/SECAM/NTSC). In order to read on the fly this kind of movie and watch entire screen, I modify pass #1 of preset. I replace crt-yo6-native-resolution by ../stock filter. This can be done when core is running from RetroArch shader menu. So, there is no need to write code.

2 Likes

This community needs of creative people like you! Keep up the good work! Looks awesome!

1 Like

This merged FIX had broken (on some platforms) these two GLSL presets:

• crt-yo6-KV-M1420B-sharp.glslp
  • crt-yo6-KV-M1420B.glslp

I added a comment on corresponding Issue and suggested a FIX.

Can you reopen this Issue ?

1 Like

oh whoops, I just pushed fixes up for it. Let me know if that doesn’t cover it.

Thanks! It works! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve just tested with your fixes, and filters works again.

1 Like