Trouble getting any PSP title to run

Or order online. It says available that way.

It says Unavailable Online when I visit that link. I looked at those awhile ago, but they had none online and my local store had none.

It changed from this morning, booā€¦ oh well the search continues

@Shockwave you should try to see if you reproduce the issue on another distro. If you do, you should recompile RetroArch and PPSSPP core with debug symbol so that you can get a backtrace.

I get the error when running RetroArch on Mac OS, when running RetroArch on Linux, and when Lakka. I havenā€™t produced logs, so I cant be 100% certain that its the same issue, but it happens on the same titles at the same spots.

Will do gouchi. I have one of my XU4ā€™s I can offer up for a volunteer. See if it does the same thing.

Edit: Finally made it home, also going to try a distro with a stand-alone PPSSPP version (Batocera x64). See if it does the same thing, also have Retropie handy, but got to see if I have room on that XU4 editionā€¦and if itā€™s the Retroarch version or stand-alone one.

Tested it on the Batocera x64 (stand-alone PPSSPP) and on the XU4 (Lakka), found the crash again:

https://pastebin.com/rx8mtcge (log is from the XU4)

Batoceraā€™s PPSSPP emulator runs the game at full-speed and doesnā€™t crash it. So I do believe the latreides has a very valid bug heā€™s discovered with respect to Dissidia.

Added bonus: Windows version of Retroarch-PPSSPP core crashed as well on the laptop Iā€™m typing this one.

What is the chance that of the first three games I test, one isnā€™t compatible with PPSSPP at all, and two have bugs in RetroArch?

Seeing that the PPSSPP forums have a thread dedicated to each of the games youā€™re trying to get to run as verified compatible with it, along with follow up commentary, itā€™s relatively low as far as either cause being stand-alone vs. both of them working in conjunction together (you know how software bugs and glitches can throw things off). Retroarch/Lakka has some things to work out on its own (it could be a settings issue, but when I ran it on Batocera, I ran it stock, no settings changes).

Did not test Retropie XU4 version becauseā€¦Retropie. LOL. Kidding, itā€™s the Libretro version (the stand-alone build is on GameStation Turbo).

Iā€™ve tested personally with an XU4, a CN60 (both with Lakka), and RetroArch on an iMac; always with the same results. I have more projects than I can manage right now, so there is nothing I can contribute to the code base for this, unfortunately. I hope that someone that is already familiar with RetroArch can dig into this.

Thatā€™s why I addressed the original log & problems to gouchi for now (although Iā€™m sure heā€™s busy too).

Also, @Kivutar can probably help. :slight_smile:

@deeluna: wow @ the Jetson TK1. Is that thing as powerful as Iā€™ve heard? I took your advice and sent Kivutar the spare CN60 I had. Turned out to be a wonderful idea. :slight_smile:

I canā€™t be for certain as what I have done with it has been really buggy. It has issues dealing with the monitor I am using in the audio sense (might be an ubuntu thing, my tinkerboard wonā€™t do audio if running Ubuntu either) but it is is a very quick machine for messing around with. I was trying to work out the audio issue before I did anything with the graphics prowess.

As it sits though the tk1, by the videos available, show it to be decently powerful graphically and capable of quite a lot, but the proprietary drivers make it quite the pain in the rear. Also retroatch is not available in the repository. So you know what that means.

update, I found something of interest and I intend to test it later, apparently there is more to the psp bios than just the one file I linked to earlier. If you go to https://github.com/libretro/ppsspp/tree/master/assets and grab everything there (as a zip is best) and then extract it to the /system/PPSSPP directory, it will give you the expected bios the emulator wants.

Need to try those bios packs and see if they do anything tomorrow.

There is documentation about PPSSPP libretro core.

2 Likes

I tried it with Dissidia, still crashed it with both of them on x64 with the extraction of the files from the Github to the PPSSPP/system folder. However, I can see the font files they mentioned earlier. Anyone got any extra font files?

@deeluna The Core Information screen mentions assets, but its not very clear what files are needed or if they are actually required for anything.

@gouchi That link is much more helpful than the core information screen. There should be a warning/error/message of some sort when starting PPSSPP without the assets, with a link to that page.

@Shockwave Thank you keeping an eye on this topic and testing this.

Please submit a PR to libretro-docs if you know how to word this to be more accurate.

Otherwise could you just post an issue to the libretro-docs tracker so someone else can try to make that doc better?

1 Like

Sidebar: It seems for Gamestop not having them in stock, the price on those Alienware Steam Machines keeps going down. You might want to contact corporate HQ and see if theyā€™ll ship one out to you: https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-alienware+steam+machine,28zu0. Iā€™d take the chance for an i5+8GB+1TB for $100, you know what I mean?

yeah that link that gouchi posted is where I found that info. I guess I should have linked to that too, oh well. but I did say download everything in that directory. It maters not as clearer instructions were posted.

As for the alienware thing, I will certainly look into it.