Video ouptut issue 3.5.1

There is a issue of the video output not displaying anything but a blank black screen on my 1080P HD TV. Raspberry Pi 4 using a HDMI cable. Lakka version on the sdcard is a aarch64 stable release. It only displays when you unplug the cable and then plug it back in. I see in this version there are new video options, do any of these need to be changed.

Have you tried adding/changing those parameters in the /boot/config.txt?:

#hdmi_force_hotplug=1
     #hdmi_drive=2

(without the #)

I tried that and no that did not work. It only displays once I unplug the hdmi cable and plug it back in to the raspberry pi 4 unit.

1 Like

is the issue also present in latest nightly? https://nightly.builds.lakka.tv/latest/RPi4.aarch64

I could not reproduce it on RPi400 neither on 3.5.1 nor on latest nightly. Unfortunately I don’t have RPi4B I could try with.

Here are images that are built without a patch to fix CRT/analog output: https://nightly.builds.lakka.tv/members/vudiq/rpi-no_crt_analog_patch/

Please, let us know if it solves the issue.

@Joystick2600 Please also post contents of cmdline.txt + all not commented / not blank lines from config.txt and distroconfig.txt. So far there are only two reports to my knowledge (yours and one in the Lakka issue tracker), and on the other hand there are reports from other RPi4B users that they don’t have this issue.

Okay I did a clean install with that nightly build version you provided in the link. It still does not work nor fix anything on my 4gb RPI4.

cmdline.txt

boot=UUID=2110-4412 disk=UUID=b01e0f57-c049-4afe-907f-2c0f7393e7ae quiet

config.txt These are the only lines uncommented

gpu_mem=384
 force_turbo=0
 hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

distroconfig *sorry I don’t know how to upload it or put it in a log type of read out for this forum

# WARNING: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - IT WILL BE OVERWRITTEN WHEN UPGRADING!
dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d-pi4

dtoverlay=rpivid-v4l2

disable_overscan=1

disable_splash=1

dtparam=audio=on

hdmi_max_pixel_freq:0=200000000

hdmi_max_pixel_freq:1=200000000

arm_64bit=1

kernel=kernel.img

As for stable releases on the Raspberry Pi 4 does any of the devs for Lakka have that device? If so how much RAM does theirs have? It seems like there’s always something breaking with these stable Raspberry pi 4 builds

Please remove (or prefix them with #) following lines from distroconfig.txt:

hdmi_max_pixel_freq:0=200000000
hdmi_max_pixel_freq:1=200000000

These lines force max 1080p on 4K displays. What display (TV/monitor) you use?

I will have to get back to you on the tv I used initially since it was not mine. but I do have some other tv’s to test them out on.

updated post: It’s a LG 50LF6100 specs

Full HD tv Refresh rate: TruMotion 120Hz

@Joystick2600 it looks like issue with the raspberry kernel/firmware. I have compiled image with rolled back kernel/firmware based on current dev branch - https://nightly.builds.lakka.tv/members/vudiq/RPi4.aarch64-3.7-dev-citra+kernel-rollback/ - if you can have a look and let me know if it solves the issue (it was once confirmed by one user, but I would like to have confirmed it also by others). Thank you for your time!

1 Like