What console would you like to see ported to RetroArch next?

Very simple if you need help just message me

Lol mess works fine if you load it from cmdline or with cmd.file. learn how to use it before tell it’s horrible . and un last ressort if it always horrible. Whey are waiting you to fix it : )

@Cesco i have a pi2 or at least a pi3 somewhere i ll try vice on ot if i can recall where i put it.

Many thanks, your work is invaluable.

Mess works when used on a system that have a cmdline, try that without a cmdline. Here is a cmdline I use with the self-compiled mame

-mouse -confirm_quit -skip_gameinfo -rompath "/Games/Romz/Mame" -video opengl -output console at486 -isa1 svga_dm -isa2 sblaster1_0 -floppydisk1 "/Games/Emu/mess/software/Ibm5150/OS/Boot Disks/Dos/Dos6.22.clean.img" -floppydisk2 /Games/Emu/mess/software/Ibm5150/Games/Emulators/Sim_City.ima

trying to add that to android, I’ve yet to succeed.

anything beyond basic softlist and basic systems with just a cartridge slot, and mess becomes a monster that can’t be tamed on anything beyond a PC with a cmdline (and a decent keyboard)

This why i add cmd file support. Just put the same arg from cmdline in a text file with cmd extension.

is there any instruction on how to do it? I searched but google didn’t give me any answers

??? Google what ? Just create a text file with cmd extension. Contening the arg you invoke in mame/mess.

Does the cmd file support work in MAME cores for android?

So happy to see commits to the Basilisk branch, already! Thanks so much!

Sega Model 3 yes!

There’s also a good Sega Model 2 emulator as well.

2 Likes

Works for me , at least you can test with an small file testmame.cmd containing

wrally -rp /somewhere But on problem is mame2016 because they don’t include the correct info when i PR for supported_extensions=“cmd|zip|chd|7z” it missing only the cmd support in info file :frowning: same for 2014

@te_lanus try with something like this (for now only works in mame )

testmame.cmd at486 -rp /Games/Romz/Mame -isa1 svga_dm -isa2 sblaster1_0 -floppydisk1 /Games/Emu/mess/software/Ibm5150/OS/Boot Disks/Dos/Dos6.22.clean.img -floppydisk2 /Games/Emu/mess/software/Ibm5150/Games/Emulators/Sim_City.ima

1 Like

PlayStation 2 I know it’s not retro console but that would be awesome. Nintendo DS is also not retro but it’s ported.

This could be an amazing problem solver for me! Want to test it for loading games not named as MAME hash file names but I have never used command line stuff for MAME.

Could you give me a real life example for loading say a A5200 game located in

Storage/emulated/0/roms/Atari 5200

I can then test options from there

Thanks for all your hard work @r-type.

“pcsx2” can’t be ported, “play!” is unplayable. There is no point in asking for something which isn’t possible at the moment.

SuperModel 3 would be nice. Fixing current dolphin core too.

WOOW I got this to work from my Hyperspin frontend. This could be really awesome stuff…I am so greatful. Totally buzzing

Probably C64 for me. Hoxs64 is currently the best standalone, and it’s awesome except it lacks shaders. So an RA port would be rad… not sure if it’s open source though.

Second would probably be x68k or something like a sega model 2/3 emulator.

it’s strange that many users complain about the missing C64 core , although they don’t look at the libretro vice core (V3.0).

3 Likes

for me i will try if it contains the follwing features…

-automatic playlist support for at least one romset (No-Intro, Gamebase64, GoodGB64 v3.00 or any usable else). -easy ingame/quickmenu managing for floppy-drives and multiple disk-images (most important swap/change disk) -Support for PAL-Games incl. true native Output-Refreshrate with 50 Hz on Pal-TVs

nice to have : full database-support for “Gamebase64” would be nice for automatic maschine and drive settings and informations about all included games, crack, trainers (no need for setting up anything for 99,9% of the available games - perfect for frontend usage).

if you don’t try it , I don’t care . but stop all here to ask for a vice port because it’s already there.

• Automatic playslist support , how official vice c64 support it ? if it support it , this core support it , if not , this core don’t support it.
  • in game floppy … Ok to this point , for now this core only use fliplist (next/prev) it’s not ideal , i need to enhance this point.
  • Pal support , i will look at , it can be easily done.

For GB64 , how does it works on Linux ?

1 Like

i think gb64 itself is only a (windows-)frontend for an offline database wich is included and it supports vice, CCS64 ,and hox i think. port it to linux isnt surely impossible!?! For GoodGB64 Set exists a dat-file there is also an !no-intro set out there with a “dat” packed in. no clue about the emulator itself must support playlist scanning natively… if it so than sorry vice has not such a feature (i use a frontend to play with it and not for standalone).

sorry abouut my realy realy messy english :frowning: