Which gpu is best for the Mega Bezel

You would want more in case you use retroarch cores and upscaling some heavy systems. For instance playing ps1 games upscaled in internal resolution and then downscaled like you can do in swanstation is very heavy depending on the upscaled internal resolution, same as using antialiasing and so on. If you play say ps1 at native internal resolution and mega bezel at 4k with smooth preset and reflections you can also get away with less, but again for someone who is planning to buy a gpu at around 4070 and 4070ti levels, you can get away with much more from the hardware accelleration.

a 4070 consumes just like the 3060 ti you mentioned if not even less and performs much better.

Again depends on the budget of the user, and his allows for more so why going for less.

I would like to clarify, for the benefit of the OP, that I didn’t “need” to upgrade my 3070 Ti, nor am I blind to cost.

I “needed” to upgrade the GPU in my R&D HTPC, and even considering the drawbacks of the 4070 Ti, it cost less than another 3070 Ti, used less power, generated less heat, and performed better.

So I bought one and put my 3070 Ti in my HTPC.

I may spend what I need to, when I need to, but I have been doing this since 1990, and I’ve learned to save and spend. No PC lasts forever.

In a couple of years I will probably upgrade again. I usually spend near $5000 on upgrades every 5 years or so, split into a few moderately expensive purchases.

The cool thing is that the same money tends to get you more PC each time. In 1990 a decent 386SX with 4 MB of RAM cost near $2000 from the ground up.

The best advice I can give a new builder is to buy good parts, that cost a bit more than you want to spend, with a good upgrade path.

Then wait a couple of years and upgrade some components.

4 Likes