CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

The Quality looks really good. Well donešŸ˜€

2 Likes

At some point there might be clipping though so you might have to be careful not to push too far.

The thing with these TVs is that HDR Game Mode is significantly dimmer than the brightest HDR mode so maybe thatā€™s why we LG OLED TV users might be needing to crank it so high.

So in theory we might technically be doing the wrong thing but if it works?

The thing is, this is all uncharted territory so we are still figuring things out as we go along.

Thanks a lot man! As you can see Iā€™ve been hard at work trying to perfect using this shader. You should give it a try sometime. My pack has some nice presets with both the CRT-Guest-Advanced-NTSC Section and Super-XBR combined!

2 Likes

When I can Iā€™ll try it! Iā€™m back to work, and these days I have too much work, thatā€™s why I donā€™t post much these days. Keep the good workā€¦

1 Like

Thanks for your interest in the topic and sharing your findings with us. I recently tried the Megatron presets and was delighted to see that the OLED pixel issue was completely fixed along with color/HDR issues. Your presets for it are awesome. I hope to use them with MegaBezel and glass soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Youā€™re most welcome.

Thanks, I appreciate this. Believe it or not after a week or two of intense tweaking using just a few titles for reference, I am now actually getting a chance to try a wider variety of favourites and I can tell you that Iā€™m probably just as blown away as you!

When it comes to the actual image and colours, I donā€™t think @MajorPainTheCactus needs to change anything at the moment. Things look perfect right now, at least for me.

Super Raiden - Super CD-ROMĀ² looks amazing!

CyberLab Megatron 4K HDR Game Turbo Duo_Dreamcast S-Video Smooth

Legendary Axe II - Amazing, AeroBlasters - Gorgeous! Mega Turrican - Flawless.

Letā€™s hope things donā€™t have to be broken along the way to get better than this.

That might be a lot easier if Mega Bezel implements full support for the HDR version of Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor.

As it stands right now, my time is very limited to engage in these things and I seldom have time to look back. Right now, even after all that hard work Iā€™ve invested into making my Neo GX Ultra presets and my 3rd gen Blargg-NTSC Video Filter Presets which I really loved, I strongly believe that the HDR way is the way of the future!

It would be nice if things like generic customizable reflective bezels and pillar boxes were available just as simple regular shaders for users to append and prepend with any shader of their choice just as with almost any other shader.

That way, if someone wanted a nice high quality reflective bezel effect to use with CRT-Royale or Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor HDR standalone or even possibly ReShade, they could just load up their favourite reflective bezel shader without jumping through too many hoops but I guess thatā€™s something to look forward to in the future.

3 Likes

Here are the first HDR Screenshots of CyberLab Megatron 4K HDR Game SNES S-Video Smooth.slangp in action!

https://mega.nz/file/FExXyKbQ#HBKrAf5FTLU8fng-bjOIXjMU6rlYm9etJu28RKEmAsw

https://mega.nz/file/wZhQxIZS#FSJ4CNdmLSflMfMoCmhAcjf2q9w6FA1WUhVY8gIb5HM

I used nVIDIA Shadow Play to take these but there are other methods available.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s a nice video explaining how NTSC Video works.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Hi @Cyber! Itā€™s been a while since I came on the RA forums. YouTube just suggested me the video you posted above, it was the occasion to test your new 4K HDR shader presets, andā€¦ Wow! Iā€™m now plyaing on an LG C1 55ā€™ OLED TV and your presets look really good on it. The colors pop! Congratulations on your work! I noticed one thing though, the NES_N64 preset looks really dark on N64 (not on NES), like HDR was not enabled or something (it is though). Is it normal? Also, do you plan to make RGB presets? And SVideo presets for platforms where there is only Composite presets ? Thanks!

2 Likes

Whatā€™s up @Tromzy, yes, itā€™s been a while.

Thanks very much! Also thank the shader creators!

Sounds pretty normal to me. This is probably because the video plugin youā€™re using in your N64 Emulator doesnā€™t support a driver that supports HDR. So you can either switch to a plugin that does or use the shader in SDR mode.

Not really, you can just turn the Resolution Scale and Chroma Scale all the way to the Max and turn Fringing and Artifacts down to 0 and that should give you a pretty good RGB representation.

No plans for that at this time. If you want an S-Video look on any of the presets, you can set Fringing and Artifacting to 0. You can also increase Resolution Scale until it looks ā€œS-Videoishā€ enough.

Youā€™re most welcome!

Donā€™t forget to let others know about the awesome Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor!

2 Likes

Great job, Cyber. Iā€™m enjoying these presets.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions! Iā€™ll try everything you said.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Superdonkeyjack. So am I! lol

2 Likes

damn, one day iā€™ll buy a 4k hdr tv

1 Like

Just turn up your Gamma_C or Bright Boost or even Post CRT Brightness a very little bit at a time.

Or better yet, adjust the brightness, Backlight, Gamma and Colour on your display itself or calibrate from within Windows. Your Gamma can just be too high/dark.

100% mask is too much for displays that have a low max nit value. You can use 67% or MASK bloom @ 30%

ok brightness is not a problem anymore, now i would like to know about something else, the mask, specially slot mask in my opinion is going a bit too hard onto the screen, is too notable i would like to know if there is a way to make it more tiny or if changing the mask will be good enough

Good to hear that.

I have no idea which preset youā€™re referring to so that makes it more difficult to assist in this regard but if youā€™re using a 4K display and would like the mask to be finer/smaller then you can use my ā€œLeā€™Sarshā€ presets or my 1440p Optimized Presets or my ā€œFineā€ presets.

If you would like more detailed assistance you might have to provide me with the names of the presets you would like to make finer and your current display resolution.

1 Like

donā€™t worry about that, i had just experienced firsthanded cybertron 4k hdr over at a 4k hdr tv, and itā€™s just too good to be true, is not my display yet, is my brotherā€™s display but e wants to sell it to mee since a very long time, and i think this is it

1 Like

Can you add 2K resolution for your CyberLab Megatron Death To Pixels 4K HDR Shader Preset Pack and the other preset packs?