CyberLab Death To Pixels Shader Preset Packs

“Loose” you say?

Don’t worry, I think I understand what you’re saying. The readme and setup instructions are correct in this regard.

I use my presets and share them exactly the same way that they are setup and used by me.

If you wish, you can alter the paths using a text editor, for example notepad++ then put them in a folder of your choosing and they should work once you don’t get your paths mixed up.

If you’ve been following my latest work, you should see how quickly and how frequently I release updates.

Having to edit paths everytime I alter a preset before uploading it would slow me down considerably.

It’s also one of the reasons why I don’t have my latest preset packs on GitHub (at least not yet). In my case time is of the essence.

Only Mega Bezel Preset Packs go in the “Mega_Bezel_Packs” folder".

CyberLab Megatron Death To Pixels 4K HDR Shader Preset Pack is not a Mega Bezel Preset Pack.

Ah ok. Thanks Cyber.

1 Like

Some recent screenshots from my Sony Megatron Colour Video Monitor Preset Pack.

Best viewed on a 4K Display HDR600 or better display.

CyberLab Megatron Death To Pixels 4K HDR Shader Preset Pack Screenshots - 02-2024

2 Likes

@Cyber so I’m trying to just slap your ReShade presets on a 800x600 game running scaled inside 1080p just to see how it’d look like, but I’m getting a black picture no matter which Resolution X Y I put.

Then I did notice that the Border Size is at 700.0 value, but it goes 0.0 - 3.0 if I drag it, and then the image appears.

Am I doing something wrong?

Do note that my ReShade presets are based on a very old version of the GDV ReShade port. Are you using that one or the most recent one?

Are you using the same value for Resolution X and Resolution Y?

I haven’t the slightest idea. I don’t really know much about nor use the ReShade ports of GDV and CRT-Guest-Advance much. I just followed some guides in order to set them up, tweaked them to my liking in a few games then shared my results with the community.

You might get better support for these in the following threads.

This is the old thread where you’ll find the Guest-DR-Venom ReShade port, which is what my presets were made for.

This is the new version of the shader which I have no idea if my presets will work properly with.

I was from that other thread, but I looked at your links and found an older one.

The .ini preset files I found (03-07-22) seem to use technique which is from CRT-Guest-Advanced, not GDV (is it this one I've ported Guest-Dr-Venom to ReShade!)?

That one handles the Border Size 700 value issue, so I can see all of your presets and the image.

I am confused to which version and where is the package for ReShade, I found one in that old GDV thread and here, and all else you posted if for RA, not ReShade. I have “CyberLab ReShade Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack 03-07-22.zip” that I found but please tell me if that’s outdated.

So, is that 03-07-22 zip presets + the old CRT-Guest-Advance is the way to go (not old GDV)?

Blargg doesn’t seem to have ReShade port, I guess it’s not needed for it?

As I understand it, the new ReShade 6.0.1 as of writing can “auto-fill” the X and Y resolutions (ie 480x270 in your presets). I saw X and Y using your (preprocessor) resolutions, and they are correctly applied.

On the fly what would you recommend for 1080p screen (which has 800x600 content inside, stretched vertically only? It’s not in RA, so ReShade will apply the filter to 1080p, but I’d just need it to cover the content nicely).

1 Like

To avoid any confusion you need to follow the steps in the readme file. If the readme points to a link to a post in another thread then that means you need to go to that post and follow the instructions there.

In the case of my Re-Shade Preset pack, the first post of this thread points to the post in this thread where I originally posted my ReShade preset pack, which you have already downloaded.

Once you download that, you then need to follow the steps in the readme, then you need to follow the links until you learn and understand how to install the Guest-Dr-Venom ReShade port.

“Outdated” is a bit harsh. It does what it’s supposed to do and better than many commercial solutions included with some pixel art games. It looks particularly beautiful in “The Messenger”.

I loaded up “The Messenger” a little while ago and I think I might have tweaked at least one of my presets there but I guess I have to update the package.

This +

Which is what the readme points to.

Blargg video filter presets have nothing to do with ReShade. That’s for RetroArch only.

This is a welcome development.

This is supposed to match the native resolution of the particular game that is being run.

As far as I understand, you should still use the native resolution of the content especially if you want to be able to see any sort of scanlines.

For some more inspiration.

https://www.reddit.com/r/crtgaming/s/E4RUAtYs6L

https://www.reddit.com/r/crtgaming/s/XUhkcSd6PH

1 Like

Hello! Can i undo the color change and how? Thanks. I am trying Dino Crisis psx, but color changes drastically in game. What should be grey becomes some version of purple. Grey walls also get reddish and green tone.

Hello @IceLancerSR, I have multiple shader preset packs on this thread now so you’ll have to let me know which shader preset pack and preset you’re having an issue with.

It would also be a great help if you can post a screenshot and or a photo of your screen showing the issue. That should make it easier to proceed.

It might also help if you can share what make and model display you’re using and at what resolution you currently have it set to.

In addition to that, which emulator core are you using?

Be sure you’re using the recommended version of the shaders with the Shader Preset Pack in question and also be sure that your Display’s Subpixel Layout or Mask Layout matches the subpixel layout of your display. You can easily cycle through them all and see which looks best.

I tried two packs, first reflective one. And second Light one" Both change color a lot

Here is some comparison https://imgur.com/a/uuNfky2

EDIT ok my bad its only light version that is changing color. I cant use mega it destroys my fps if i use upscaling in emulator

1 Like

You’re going to have to be a bit more specific than that for me to be able to help much. What are the full names of the presets packs and presets you’re using?

Also, imgur compresses the image quite a bit so imgbb might be a better option for sharing images since it allows the full image to be preserved. You haven’t stated what resolution nor display nor if you’ve tried to match the Display Subpixel Layout or Mask Layout to your display.

The more information the better.

What is “light” version?

If you’re referring to my Mega Bezel Preset Pack, there are multiple performance tiers for different levels of system performance. Have you tried them all?

The lowest performance tier can run on a midrange cell phone.

Ok, i figured out what is causing the problem , But not Why.

CyberLab CRT-Royale 4K SNES_PSX Fine

from

CyberLab_CRT-Royale_Death_To_Pixels_Shader_Preset_Pack_07-09-23_3

That is 3rd from above with scanlines for entire screen (one before HDR version)

Using swanstation core, if my internal resolution scale is x6 (1440p) colors with your pack become wrong. if i lower scaling to under x6 , lets say x3, colors become normal.

I am on 2k

At this point i would be perfectly happy with basic crt royale if only i could know how to add that amazing effect on in game fonts that your shader adds. They became so nice to look at.

Maybe the problem is because there is only 1080p and 4k option, not 2k?

P.S Seems that color is changing on x3 as well, just not so drastically. And i figured out that font is much nicer to look at, because u have some kind of brightness dampening, which is also affecting in game objects that emit light

https://imgur.com/a/flk9pGb

imagus for chrome can preview imgur in same window and compare on mouse scroll

1 Like

From the readme.txt file included with the preset pack:

"1440p users can probably try the Fine presets. They might work. Otherwise just play around with the “Mask - Triad Size Desired” Shader Parameter.

1080p users can probably set the “Mask - Triad Size Desired” Shader Parameter to 3.00. Otherwise just play around with it until it looks good to you or just use the new 1080p presets which are now available!"

The “Mask - Triad Size Desired” Shader Parameter needs to be fine tuned until the emulated CRT Mask is aligned with your display’s subpixels as best as possible for the look that you desire.

Aspect ratio also has an effect on the final output. There are some general aspect ratio recommendations included in the readme as well.

I am playing with fine version. And i found out what is the cause. The same thing is effecting font and changing color and environmental lights.

“shaders_slang/crt/shaders/crt-royale/src/crt-royale-geometry-aa-last-pass.slang”

Added only that to clean slang and it exactly as yours. Will thinker with it, see what makes it tick and if i can get something of it , font is really nice to look at with it, but environment is drastically altered.

Anyway , thanks!

1 Like

hi Cyber. I’d like to share my PS1 and Dreamcast presets with you. I adjusted the shader parameters based off your preset CyberLab_PSX_Composite_CyberTron_Neo-GX

Okay, well feel to post it in the thread. You can select everything and then click on the icon that says pre-formatted text. It might be a good idea to include an accompanying screenshot as well.

I had to convert the png images to jpg. to reduce the size. i had HDR turned on in retroarch so the colors look a little washed out from the screenshot but in game the saturation is up a little

yeah i just checked and the screen shots got the color wrong because of hdr. the color was more vibrant on my screen. I liked the regular 4k psx composite preset but it was having trouble getting rid of vertical lines and squares in fmv’s especially resident evil 2. then I tried the neo gx psx composite preset and that helped with the fmvs but it was a little dull in color even with hdr

When I wrote this, I was thinking that you might only post one or maybe two, possibly three screenshots in order to convey to myself and other users what the preset looks like. I really couldn’t fathom that you would post or attempt to post more than 55 screenshots!

I can understand the enthusiasm and excitment around wanting to share these works of art but this number of screenshots will have the effect of cluttering the thread and making it more difficult to find helpful information for anyone reading it.

Not to mention the fact that due to the incorrect colourspace transformation, the screenshots would not be representative of what the actual images look like and a lot of the beauty is lost.

It’s interesting that you’ve been playing in HDR though because that’s something that I finally gotten around to doing some further experimentation with last night (with my CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack) and I’ve been able to achieve some really decent results in my opinion.

Just working on some presets as well as a seamless way to integrate and introduce the masses to the CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack in HDR mode.

Seeing that I’m working on this literally as we speak, I won’t attempt to address this in this comment.

What I would strongly suggest (emphasis on strongly) is that you remove those screenshots for now and allow me to share how I take and share HDR screenshots of my own with almost full fidelity.

When you get the hang of things and are ready to post one or two screenshots or photos, you can post just a minimal number so that the audience browsing the chat can get the gist, then include a link where viewers can see more pics if they choose.

You can also use “spoiler tags” when trying to disseminate content that might require such a large amount of scrolling to help in making it easier to navigate.

You can take a look at this while I gather the relevant links to share with you:

Sometimes I use a camera and take photos of the screen:

Here are some steps you can follow if you want to take proper HDR screenshots while in RetroArch.

What I’ve recently learned is that you can also take HDR screenshots using GeForce Experience/nVidia ShadowPlay even while using the Vulkan driver provided that Windows 11 is also in HDR mode.

If you started your computer with HDR off, you might have to disable then reenable the nVIDIA In-Game Overlay before you can take proper HDR screenshots.

You can also use the Windows Game Bar although I’m not sure if I remember having any success with that method on my particular graphics card/setup. Although I probably did eventually but maybe I just can’t recall.

I’m not sure if AMD has their own native solution for capturing HDR screenshots but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

Here is a tool which can help with conversion of the captured jxr files to jpg or PNG.

2 Likes