Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

I just checked and everything is working fine. Have you updated my presets since I updated today?

2 Likes

The only changes added to the Github Presets folder was Super A’Can, Mac updates and 4K Vertical changes, that is what I see on my end.

2 Likes

Yeah I think I messed up. I made the updates locally but forgot to commit.

Oops! :grin:

I am in the middle of some RL tasks. I’ll get to it ASAP.

2 Likes

@JHorbach1

The repo and release have both been updated.

My apologies for the confusion and delay. :innocent:

BTW. I did an OCD pass on the Super A’Can before adding it to the repo.

I added a drop shadow to the cartridge slot body, adjusted the highlights of the section below it, tweaked the LED, lightened the color of the grooves, and modified the scale and other properties of the textures.

I also decide against doing any shader HSV.

4 Likes

I can’t see any link, where can we download these awesome bezels please? Sorry, i’m new to this site. I’m particularly interested in the NEC pc9801 one, night version esp.

3 Likes

Welcomed to the forums @vince16000 . The link to the Github repo is at the very bottom of the first/top post , under the section, “Downloading the Package”
Also be sure you grab @HyperspaceMadness MegaBezel shader! It’s near the top of that first post as well.

4 Likes

I have added the new Vectrex homebrew “Beluga Dreams” to the repo.

The release zip doesn’t yet reflect the update.

More info, and the ROM can be found here.

https://8-bit-waves.itch.io/beluga-dreams

It is free and intended for both emulators and the real system, so I assume it is OK to post the link. :grin:

The author was kind enough to post a screen overlay for use in emulators.

3 Likes

I wonder if these Vectrex presets need some increase in the post crt brightness, this one is looking a bit dark

3 Likes

I’ll compare it some other games, it may be the author’s screen overlay. Or it could be that game itself. I think it is using some pretty thin lines.

2 Likes

Can’t get any preset that uses LCD-GRID to load, I get the unable to load error on all of them (standard, advanced, etc.)

I am running 1.10.3 RA on Linux Pop! OS 22.04, all my other shaders seem to be working (including other presets in this bezel pack, it’s just the LCD-GRID ones that won’t load).

Online updater is up to date for slang shaders as well. Paths are default (home/.config/retroarch/shaders as root folder)

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

2 Likes

Can you please post a formatted log so we can see what the error is?

2 Likes

looks something like that

1 Like

I just grabbed the log myself, but looks like testdriver69 beat me to it.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Ok this is an error in the code, I’ll have to fix this, I’ll have a new package ready tonight

There’s a new release up now

7 Likes

@HyperspaceMadness >> Thank you very much for the quick fix ! <<

4 Likes

When I forgot to commit the Follow parameter updates, since my release text already had the parameter changes in it, I just deleted my release and made a new one using the same version number.

I think this was a mistake. :frowning_face:

I will be doing an new release and changing my version numbering from 0.9.0.5 to 0.9.5.0 syntax. The next will be 0.9.5.1 and when I finish the last of the remaining essential graphics it should coincide with 1.0.0.0.

3 Likes

Duimon_MB_Logo

The Duimon_Mega_Bezel repo and release are updated to v0.9.5.1.

Changes:

• Updated parameters to be inline with the latest Mega Bezel release. (This was done before but there was some confusion.)
  • Added the Beluga Dreams Vectrex homebrew.
  • Changed the version numbering system so the last of the essential graphics should coincide with 1.0.0.0.
  • The new numbering system falls within the semantic versioning guidelines. I will use the last number to note patches as opposed to new systems.

The link to the current release is in the first post. Installation/Update instructions are near the end of the second.

11 Likes

Hey @Duimon I have a question:

I was updating and the standalone PVMs are not showing the Sony logo anymore, any parameter in the shader config I can change to get it back or is it just out for the default config?

Great work as usual man!

3 Likes

They haven’t shown the logo for months, since I changed them to use the same assets as the other PVMs.

The good news is that I made some changes, and HSM made another, that frees up more than enough image layers to get them back.

I will do so ASAP. :grin:

3 Likes

Turns out there are some glaring design flaws in my PVM20 graphic preventing me from properly adding both the HR Trinitron and the SONY logos.

To do it right I will have to spend some time in the source and that is time I don’t have right now.

I really need to finish the last few graphics so I can spend some serious time honoring my commitment to the Batocera project.

I will add it to my list of things to do after.

6 Likes