Hgoda90 - Mega Bezel Graphics + Varieties

I have completed the console variations of the PVM20_01, PVM20_02 and PVM20_03. The variations include custom and “default”. I tried to keep the folders to a minimum so I placed the Night variations together with the “Day” ones.

Edit: I forgot to mention that some consoles that have Alt versions would be the same color, so I only did the regular version of the PVMs.

2 Likes

I am really thinking about renaming all of the folders and files in Duimon-Mega-Bezel

Edit: I decided to go ahead and do it. I am just trying to get the naming to be clean.

I’ve been using Notepaad++ for this. What are you using?

2 Likes

I have been using the same, Notepad++

2 Likes

I am going to take a little break and then be working on the console TM20 variations with TM20_01, TM20_02 and TM20_03.

3 Likes

These are really nice. Are there any good shaders you would recommend to increase the brightness of the the PSP or DS emulators? I really like the dot.slang shader, but it darkens the screen. Recently I found a game that included an alpha/gamma setting, that allowed me to brighten the screen, while keeping the dot grid in tact. I tried the image-adjustment shader, but that seems to make the dot gird disappear.

1 Like

Try out lcd1x_psp, it includes a Brighten LCD setting and looks similar to the dot shader.

2 Likes

I think I figured out the problem set dot.slangp as shader1 and image-adjustment as shader0 so that image-adjustment is loaded first. I should also mention that when I set dot first the dot grid didn’t appear. The text below can be saved as a slangp file inside the shader folder.

shaders = "2"
shader0 = "shaders_slang/misc/image-adjustment.slang"
filter_linear0 = "false"
wrap_mode0 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input0 = "false"
alias0 = ""
float_framebuffer0 = "false"
srgb_framebuffer0 = "false"
shader1 = "shaders_slang/handheld/shaders/dot.slang"
wrap_mode1 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input1 = "false"
alias1 = ""
float_framebuffer1 = "false"
srgb_framebuffer1 = "false"

1 Like

Enjoy your break man! What’s game do you think you might be trying to complete next?

2 Likes

I am thinking about playing through Syphon Filter again.

1 Like

That’s one I haven’t heard in ages!

I recently beat Dracula X on PC Engine for the first time and also regained enough of my childhood skills (along with assistance from RetroArch’s Run Ahead, Frame Delay and Game mode on my TV) to beat Ninja Gaiden 2 (NES), Lords of Thunder, Gate of Thunder for TurboGrafx-CD and picked back up an old game of Ys 4 for PCE-CD that I had stalled on for years after messing up my internal savegame by accidentally loading an old savestate in my excitement on reaching the final boss.

That was a painful experience as that’s one of my favorite games. That and Ys Book I & II are just amazing if you haven’t tried them out before.

3 Likes

That helped a bunch thanks! I found that if I adjust the brightness inside the shader parameters I can get it to look really good.

1 Like

Now you’re speaking my language! :laughing: Dracula X - Rondo of Blood was the very first import game I ever purchased, along with the Super CD-ROM card. I still play it and the two “Thunder” games quite a bit when I’m testing out shaders and graphics.

2 Likes

Taking a break and had a sudden idea of a NES bezel. The bezel being the color of the system while the decal is the color of NES, on the door of the actual console.

2 Likes

Same here. Back in the day I used to beat Gate of Thunder on “Devil” difficulty with 1 life and I had reached to the point of beating Lords of Thunder on Super but not flawlessly. It’s taken me years to get back to even close to that. I’m still trying to master Normal difficulty in both of them. Ys I, II and IV are just absolute masterpieces. Took me more than 5 years to beat Ys IV this time because of time and my mishap, it’s really hard to get back in after stopping for so long. I don’t mind replaying it all over again but I think I’ll go back and do I & II. I really wish I could get a translation for the Xanadu Games. Those are two undiscovered treasures of gaming that seem to be so obscure that no one on this side of the world ever seems to mention them, however from the little I’ve seen and the lot that I’ve heard, they might be some of the best on the console. Someone started a translation project but never finished it seems.

I actually beat Devil’s Crush back in the day and also Duck Hunt! That was the level of dedication (and free time) I had as a young gamer.

Super Star Soldier was also one that I beat a few times as a child but it still eludes me as an adult. That game is just so punishing when you die and it’s not short either. I recently got back into Shadow of The Beast and I made some serious progress but didn’t complete it. That game is pretty easy once you figure out what you have to do.

I bought a copy of Shape Shifter same time I got my first copy of Lords of Thunder about 26 years ago and would you believe that I’ve hardly ever played that game?! I still have it in a box somewhere.

2 Likes

I am more of a Final Fantasy person myself.

2 Likes

Not saying you are but no need to be “either or”. I beat and loved Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest long before Ys Book I & II and I still listen to the music in both of those games.

The presentation, graphics, music and cinema displays with fully recorded speech of PCE-CD/Turbo Grafx-CD RPGs gave those games a whole other level of immersion compared to their cartridge based counterparts though.

If you haven’t already, there’s some good stuff to discover and experience in the ones that I’ve mentioned.

2 Likes

I have been thinking about trying out Ys, Dragon Quest and Breath of Fire.

Edit: Trying it out. I have played Breath of Fire I before, but only played it until I controlled the character who can walk through the forest in the Open World.

2 Likes

Nintendo Entertainment System

These colors are essentially based on the door of the NES.

NES Gray
--------
[Bezel & Frame Color]
    Hue: 0
    Saturation: 0
    Brightness: 75.80

[Decal Layer]
    Colorize: 1
    Saturation: 200
    Brightness: 90

NES Gray - Custom Bezel 002
---------------------------
[Bezel & Frame Color]
    Brightness: 75.80

[Device Image Layer] & [Decal Layer]
    Hue Offset: 0
    Brightness: 56
    Gamma: 1.00

[Cabinet Glass Layer]
    Colorize: 1
    Hue Offset: 0
    Saturation: 200
    Brightness: 90

1 Like

The console variations of TM20s are complete. I did the same thing as the PVM20s where the variations include custom and “default”.

2 Likes