Lakka - How to access command line

I am running an installed version of Lakka on an AMD pc. I am trying to access the command line. There is no option to press tab when booting. I can access the system via SSH.

AFAIK, there’s no way to drop to a console. You’ll have to do management via SSH.

Is there a way to edit the syslinux.cfg via ssh?

Please check the documentation to edit syslinux.cfg file.

If you need to boot to a terminal please check those options.

What file is used to boot OpenELEC? I thought it was the syslinux.cfg, but I cannot find it anywhere. I have logged in via SSH and am in the root directory. These are the directories showing.

bin - dev - etc - flash - lib - lib64 - media - proc - run - sbin - storage - sys - tmp - usr - var

I have looked in the flash directory and ran a find command for syslinux.cfg Contents of /flash/ KERNEL SYSTEM
extlinux.conf
ldlinux.c32
ldlinux.sys
lost+found

I think I figured it out. Looks to be extlinux.conf Sorry to waste your time.

Sorry we should update the documentation as it will look for both files.

Can someone please explain in detailed steps how to access the command line on a PC running live view? I can’t seem to figure it out and the documentation seems to have circular explanations.

1 Like

There are several options to access Lakka command line interface.

I am aware of this documentation, but like I said it has a circular explanation. If my Lakka device (old Dell Inspiron Laptop) is stuck in an infinite loop at the Lakka logo, how do I access the command line? I can’t SSH, and I cant use Serial. But how do I access it directly? The documentation says to access command line i need to edit cmdline using command line (CIRCULAR ARGUMENT). Can you please write out detailed steps. The documentation is confusing.

1 Like

Try this on an installed system:

1. Boot with CAPS LOCK on (this enables the SYSLINUX prompt)
  2. At the prompt:

SYSLINUX 6.04 EDD 6.04-pre1 Copyright (C) 1994-2015 H. Peter Anvin et al
boot: linux tty

1. Wait for boot and then CTRL-ALT-F3

The above worked for me for Lakka 2.1 i386 in Virtualbox. The key is step 1, it may vary on different hardware.

1 Like