"Lakka v2.3.1" on RP3B isn't detecting any bluetooth devices

Hi folks,

“Lakka v2.3.1” running on my RP3B isn’t detecting any bluetooth devices when using its onboard bluetooth!

I’ve tested my RP3B’s hardware, it’s working fine, when using “LibreELEC” on it, all bluetooth devices (e. g. my and the wives’ smartphones) nearby are immediately detected!

When running “Lakka v2.3.1.” on another kind of hardware, for example a S905 box (“Wetek Play 2”), all bluetooth devices nearby are immediately detected, too, so obviously it’s only the version for RP3B that has the problem mentioned above…

Here’s a session log according to the instructions for testing bluetooth functionality given at https://www.lakka.tv/doc/wireless-dualshock/ :

###########################################

Lakka - The DIY retro emulation console

###########################################

Lakka (official): 2.3.1 (RPi2.arm)

Lakka:~ # touch /storage/.cache/services/bluez.conf

Lakka:~ # systemctl enable bluetooth

Lakka:~ # systemctl start bluetooth

Lakka:~ # systemctl status bluetooth

● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service

Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)

Active: active (running) since Tue 2019-09-24 11:03:44 CEST; 6h ago

Main PID: 518 (bluetoothd)

CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth.service

└─518 /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd

Sep 24 11:03:44 Lakka systemd[1]: Started Bluetooth service.

Sep 24 11:03:44 Lakka bluetoothd[518]: Bluetooth daemon 5.47

Sep 24 11:03:44 Lakka bluetoothd[518]: Starting SDP server

Sep 24 11:03:44 Lakka bluetoothd[518]: kernel lacks bnep-protocol support

Sep 24 11:03:44 Lakka bluetoothd[518]: System does not support network plugin

Sep 24 11:03:44 Lakka bluetoothd[518]: Bluetooth management interface 1.14 initialized
	Sep 24 11:03:45 Lakka bluetoothd[518]: Failed to set privacy: Rejected (0x0b)

Lakka:~ # bluetoothctl

[NEW] Controller B8:27:EB:2C:FE:B4 %h [default]

Agent registered

[bluetooth]# agent on

Agent is already registered

[bluetooth]# default-agent

Default agent request successful

bluetooth]# power on

Changing power on succeeded

bluetooth]# discoverable on

Changing discoverable on succeeded

bluetooth]# pairable on

Changing pairable on succeeded

bluetooth]# scan on

Discovery started

[CHG] Controller B8:27:EB:2C:FE:B4 Discovering: yes

[bluetooth]#

After that, nothing happens anymore - compared to the session log when testing the same as mentioned above on this RP3B model under “LibreELEC” (where right after the scanning start my BT enabled smartphone is detected immediately), the only differences are that there under “LibreELEC” Bluetooth daemon 5.50 is installed and instead of “Failed to set privacy: Rejected (0x0b)” it says “Endpoint registered: sender=:1.2 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSource” and “Endpoint registered: sender=:1.2 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSink”.

I don’t know if it is related to v5.50 of Bluetooth daemon… is it possible to force a manual update of it? Or how could I get rid of the “Failed to set privacy: Rejected (0x0b)”?

So - could you please look into this and/or give me further instructions?

1 Like

I’m getting the same issues on the original Tinker Board as well! Please help!

@TranSe:

“Good” to see that I’m not the only one having this issue, somehow…

May I ask you for 2 things, please?

1. Please report it at github, too

Since I’ve read in this forum that it is a good idea to report bugs at github in order not to be forgotten, I’ve done so and created a topic at https://github.com/libretro/Lakka-LibreELEC/issues/808

Could you please report it at github under the topic mentioned above, too, so that the devs are seeing that it is an issue occuring for other users, too? The more, the better…

1. Please upload a working version (Suggestion: 2.1.1) for RP3

Besides version 2.3.1 of “Lakka” I’ve tried version 2.2 and 2.2.2, too, with the same failing results regarding bluetooth not working properly. I would like to try it with older versions, but unfortunately, I don’t have them anymore, and I don’t believe the devs are capable to provide them :-(, see here: https://forums.libretro.com/t/cannot-download-lakka-2-1-1-from-lakka-archive-please-i-need-it/24065

Regarding your posting at https://forums.libretro.com/t/lakka-2-2-bluetooth-issue-on-tinker-board/20510 I’m in the same boat as you, I have everything else functioning except the bluetooth issue and a little girl asking her daddy to get things working to be able to play some games :slight_smile:

It’s so annoying that there are no archived older versions of “Lakka”, so I would kindly ask you (or someone else reading this) to upload an older version (suggestion: 2.1.1) for RP3 and provide the download link - thank you in advance!

1 Like

Okay, I just saw the link for version 2.1.1 WAS indeed posted in the thread mentioned above :slight_smile:

Please wsh me luck with it, perhaps it will help finding a solution regarding the bluetooth issue in version 2.3.1,too!

Okay… not so good news… after having installed the so called version “2.1.1” mentioned in the thread above, I saw that it is indeed v2.2.2! Damn it! Obviously, the guy who gave the link to blueagent has just renamed it to convince him paying for it… unbelievable, what a bummer! I advised blueagent to contact paypal help him getting his money back!

So - is anyone else having version 2.1.1 lying around and willing to upload it, please?

Thank you in advance!

Sorry for the delay, but I no longer have the image for Lakka 2.1 If I find it, I will link it to you

1 Like