Mega Bezel Reflection Shader! - Feedback and Updates

My Dosbox driven Tandy CM-5 RGB monitor emulation is getting even closer to the real thing, and thanks to TheNamec and his awesome bezel collection, stuff is looking awesome:

Notice the subtleties such as grainy dot pitch, glow and even ghosting(which is actually quite apparent on these 80s phosphor tubes).

That bezel is sharp! Thanks TheNamec. Also looks good for VGA emulation:

4 Likes

That looks awesome. Could you share your presets?

Thank you very much for the advice, very kind as always. I was considering, since I’ve had major problems with games that should run fine with my setup, installing a third-party version of Windows. There are several offers, the one that seemed to me the best in terms of stability and performance, through my web searches, is the Ghost Spectre. I have everything ready, I just need to find the time to format and install. Then I’ll tell you if, and what, the improvements have also been in RetroArch.

1 Like

Another wonderful contribution from @Duimon for users of the Jaguar standalone emulator BigPEmu by Rich Whitehouse!

Here you will find precompiled versions of the Mega Bezel with Duimon’s custom graphics and presets

7 Likes

Some shots are images from Lunark just released this week put through the Mega Bezel

Start of the Game Pixels

PC Lunark 0 Start

Start of the Game 16:9

Start of the Game 4:3

PC Lunark 1 Cine

PC Lunark 2 Alien World

PC Lunark 3 Cine

PC Lunark 4 Forest

10 Likes

Looks cool… is this with WindowCast?

No, just some images :grin:

2 Likes

Ok… I thought that was a PC game.

Yeah it is it would definitely be good to try through WindowCast

1 Like

Hello i would like to know something, what happened with sonkun variations created for hsm? and if they no longer exist, is there any way i could combine hsm and sonkun?

2 Likes

So at some point I am planning to make a version with Guest HD incorporated in the Mega Bezel. At that point you could take the parameters from Sonkun’s non ntsc hd presets apply the parameters and have similar results.

2 Likes

This is off topic, but I made this video about a year ago, and I made this video for my youtube channel when it reached 1000 subscribers. But I’m going to share it with you because I’m thankful for this community and happy for all your help, and this video express how happy I am with you. Special to Thanks @HyperspaceMadness, @Cyber, @guest.r, @sonkun, @Nesguy … Thank you all…

6 Likes

When I was a kid we always played NES on a crappy television set with bad signal. Proper emulation can reflect this:

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Some Vectrex shots for reference:

Hello! Can someone help me with this? I set Integer scale both axes on, and this happens, looks stunning for me, but I can’t take of those black gaps on the sides… If I use Integer scale Multiple offset on long axis, then the sides go underneath the reflection and then the reflection looks bad…

1 Like

well I think I found something, I’m not sure if I’m doing the correct thing, but it looks good… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve encountered behavior like this as well. I think this is now a known issue.

1 Like

Yeah I will need to address this at some point :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Mega_Bezel_Logo

Mega Bezel is updated to V1.14.0_2023-04-15

Be sure to use at least Retroarch 1.15

Changes:

• Added PASSTHROUGH base variants
    • These have a minimal processing on the image coming from the core, and no CRT shader
    • Includes FXAA for antialiasing 3D polygonal graphics
    • Guest’s G-Sharp used for scaling the game image down to the size on the screen
    • Added NO-TUBE-FX versions here as well
  • Did a really big refactor of the building of the presets
    • This makes it easier to keep the presets consistent and know what is in each one
    • Removed Negative crop passes, since it’s not being used
    • Removed first pass which wasn’t needed since we don’t use mipmapping for DREZ anymore
    • Moved the Intro after ScaleFX so the Static should no longer get smoothed
  • Added support to fix flipping in more core with glcore
  • Fixed Reflection Disappearing with Raster Bloom Enabled
  • Fixed Reflection on Dual Screen LCD presets where the whole unsplit image was being used for both screens
  • Added Threshold to GSharp so that it doesn’t apply to a similar incoming resolution
  • Updated Dual Screen presets to use params files which users could leverage if desired
  • Overscan and Raster Bloom is now available for most presets
  • Fixed Potato CRT Curvature affecting black line which it shouldn’t
  • Removed Afterglow on all Potato Presets (Before some had them some didn’t)
  • Remove Sega Luma Fix from the Guest shader, so only the one in Grade is used (since it will be turned on automatically for sega consoles)

Go to the first post here for links to the package and install instructions. Please make sure to read the install & setup instructions

12 Likes